Televangelist Bill Keller says a "A vote for Romney a vote for Satan"

Sandman138

Avenger
Reaction score
Via Salon.com

"A vote for Romney is a vote for Satan," Keller declared in his daily e-mail devotional last May. His reasoning went like this: Romney's election would serve as a giant advertisement for a competing religion, Mormonism, which Keller and others believe has falsely portrayed itself as another form of Christianity in an effort to find converts. "He would influence people to seek out the Mormon faith," Keller predicted of a Romney presidency. "They would get sucked into those lies and they would eventually die and go to bad place."

Though Keller's rhetoric is extreme and his predictions are controversial, his biblical reasoning is mainstream for many of the nation's Christian evangelicals, who make up about 40 percent of the Republican Party. Large denominations like the Southern Baptist Convention have long considered Mormonism to be a cult, not a true path to salvation. National polling paints a stark picture of the problem. According to a recent Pew Center poll, 25 percent of Republicans say they are reluctant to vote for a candidate who is Mormon. Among white evangelicals who attend church weekly, 41 percent are reluctant to vote for a Mormon.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/11/06/mormons/

I had no idea conservatives hated Mormons. Kind of makes you root for them moreso. :o

im fine with it, i hate all religions equally. in fact, i would probably have never asked what religion/faith they were, unless, like some jackass in office, he says every damned time hes on tv, that he talked to god last night and said this and that. then i have a problem with it.

^You even hate Satanism?

" A vote for Romney is a vote for Satan" That would make an awsome bumper sticker

i guess this guy missed the part in the bible where it pretty much says christians shouldnt worry about the government

why are religious people always so worried that other people won't follow their religion?

Because they care.

X_X M-o-r-z-a-n

You all abunch of devil worshipers!

524821815_e9d41fd8ed.jpg

^That's all you Hypers! :cmad:

---Morzan

why are religious people always so worried that other people won't follow their religion?

because then you're money won't go in their basket, but someone's elses. Plus God told them which religion was right.

Hahaha, people always b****, "Why do you guys always have to be bashing religion?"

It's because it's constantly in your face with stupidity like this crap.
It metastasizes into every aspect of life and it's driving the rest of us nuts.

If you don't want to hear about how much we hate it, then go ahead and try:

Keeping it out of a presidential campaign
Keeping it out of any discussion of the education of our children
Keeping it out of what laws should and shouldn't be passed for all of society
Keeping it out of our freaking bedrooms
Keeping it out a superhero message board
Keeping it out of video games and movies

It's everywhere like a plague, and as long as it is, we'll always be here to call it what it is.

"a vote for romney is a vote for satan "

yeah right id vote satan over romney any day .

We're basically ****ed either way, as the religious are all nuts, and the anarchists are just as nuts.

Hahaha, people always b****, "Why do you guys always have to be bashing religion?"

It's because it's constantly in your face with stupidity like this crap.
It metastasizes into every aspect of life and it's driving the rest of us nuts.

If you don't want to hear about how much we hate it, then go ahead and try:

Keeping it out of a presidential campaign
Keeping it out of any discussion of the education of our children

Keeping it out of what laws should and shouldn't be passed for all of society
Keeping it out of our freaking bedrooms
Keeping it out a superhero message board
Keeping it out of video games and movies

It's everywhere like a plague, and as long as it is, we'll always be here to call it what it is.

What I don't like is that when someone always says the token statement " I don't hate any religion as long as its not forced on anyone", or something similar to that. Well if you live in America among other places, that is whats happening. It holds way too much damn power, it sways power to what it wants. Its come to the point now where I don't think its going to change. It has too much power in the government. Yeah they may not have everything they want....yet.

Can you honestly tell someone about your beliefs without them feeling it's being forced on them? It's impossible. I could tell you I personally believe such and such and you'd think I'm trying to convert your ash.

Thats not what I am talking about, because as long as you don't want to convert, no one person is ever going to make you convert. But when religion enters government and starts taking on that kind of power, whether people believe in it or not, and whether they like it or not, it has become a part of their lives. Thats the kind of "forcing" I am talking about. People trying to convince you to convert are just annoying and can be ignored, but this is completely different. Thats why I put in bold those first 3 statements in Wilhelm's post. The others you can just ignore.

it certainly is confusing. i just received an e-mail from my oldest brother, who's somehow morphed into a far-right religious nut, asking me to help boycott the "golden compass" movie since there are supposedly anti-christian undertones to the story. i just don't get people like this. :csad:

baphomet1.jpg

Join us
We make the best music,like Sabath
And the best movies,..like Golden Compass aparantly....

Article 6, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

And an interesting thing about Thomas Jefferson from this article I posted in another thread

Saul K. Padover's biography related the bitterness of the opposition that the clergy mounted against Jefferson in the campaign of 1800

The religious issue was dragged out, and stirred up flames of hatred and intolerance. Clergymen, mobilizing their heaviest artillery of thunder and brimstone, threatened Christians with all manner of dire consequences if they should vote for the "in fidel" from Virginia. This was particularly true in New England, where the clergy stood like Gibraltar against Jefferson (Jefferson A Great American's Life and Ideas, Mentor Books, 1964, p.116).

William Linn, a Dutch Reformed minister in New York City, made perhaps the most violent of all attacks on Jefferson's character, all of it based on religious matters. In a pamphlet entitled Serious Considerations on the Election of a President, Linn "accused Jefferson of the heinous crimes of not believing in divine revelation and of a design to destroy religion and `introduce immorality'" (Padover, p. 116). He referred to Jefferson as a "true infidel" and insisted that "(a)n infidel like Jefferson could not, should not, be elected" (Padover, p. 117). He concluded the pamphlet with this appeal for "Christians to defeat the `infidel' from Virginia"

Will you, then, my fellow-citizens, with all this evidence... vote for Mr. Jefferson?... As to myself, were Mr. Jefferson connected with me by the nearest ties of blood, and did I owe him a thousand obligations, I would not, and could not vote for him. No; sooner than stretch forth my hand to place him at the head of the nation "Let mine arms fall from my shoulder blade, and mine arm be broken from the bone" (quoted by Padover, p. 117).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"