Telltale's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Sgt.Pepper, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

This gif sums up my entire Walking Dead experience through the comics and now the video game.

[​IMG]

2. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

I cut off his arm, mostly because I wanted to see if they actually would do it and I had Clem shoot him at the end. I loved how it ended when Lee dies. Makes the post credit scene seem like an introduction to season 2. Speaking of those were definitely people not walkers. You can see their bodies clear enough that you can tell they don't walk like walkers.

Ridiculously emotional ride and probably my game of the year

3. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

I'm replaying Ch.4 and going into 5 soon. I don't like the info I'm being show here :( Especially E-Mans gif.

Edit:
    Whelp. I finished it.

Goddammit.

I hate this ****ing game!

>.>

<.<

I want season two. :(

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

This ****ing game, I swear. :waa:

I felt so bad cutting of Lee's arm, by the time I chose to go through with it I realized it'd be too late, I feel bad for him to spend his last hours with one arm and moving heaven and earth to save Clementine.

Initially Kenny wasn't going to follow me back at ep. 4 but that plan changed when Vernon and his group stole the boat, my Lee and him had our differences back when I usually sided with Lilly but damn it if he didn't redeem himself spending his last minute putting Ben out of his misery and fighting off the hoard. He went out a hero.

My heart sank when I recognize the car outside the hotel, I ****ing hate the stranger, yes I did steal his supplies but when you're in that situation, we needed to survive, even if that resort to stealing. Also him pinning other reasons for putting Clem in danger I just chalk it up to trying to find justifications for kidnapping Clem, my only regret is not killing the ****er, I would've left him to be a walker, considering that'd be a worse fate than death.

When it comes to Lee's last moment with Clem it was just...it was building up to this moment but it was superbly executed, I had a lump in my throat when I chose to say I'll miss you to Clem, goddamn. I hope she'll be ok.

I don't know what I'd do if it weren't for Telltale creating one of the most immersive and memorable experience of this year, nothing I've played really comes close to making me care about any character like I did with Lee & Clementine. Excited to see where they'll take the series next, they definitely have their work cut out for them in terms of topping season 1.

5. Brain Damage

Brain Damage Everything Under the Sun

No other video game is able to make grown men weep like babies quite like this.

I want to play through it again and make all different choices, but I'm not sure my heart can handle it :(

6. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

Fantastic, and very sad ending...

I wonder who the two people were that saw Clem? I'd like to say Christa and Omede but...That's just not Walking Dead style. They're obviously not Walkers regardless.

I have to prepare to deal with my own zombie horde tomorrow (working Black Friday...as per usual.. Ugh..) but want to play through all of this again. Soon.

7. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

Wait a second. They never told us what happened with Lees wife! Was it straight up murder or just an accident?

8. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

Did he even kill his wife? I thought he just killed the senator or whatever.

9. Pepsiguy2

Pepsiguy2 Snyder Worshipper

lolwut? The reason he was going to prison is because he killed his wife and (I assume) was found guilty of it.

And to answer that guy about Lee's wife, I think they leave it up to the player to decide whether or not Lee killed her.

10. SolarTiger

SolarTiger Well-Known Member

I thought he killed the Senator and his wife left him. Is she dead too?

11. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he just kills the guy that she was cheating on him with. I think the wife is still alive

12. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

This.

Lee beats the guy to death I believe.

13. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

Holy ****.

What a ****ing roller coaster. While Lee's death was depressing, I was mostly relieved that I was able to save Clem. It's like I took on Lee's mindset of that being the only thing that mattered.

Towards the end I kept saying to myself "Why the **** did I let Ben and Kenny live?" And then bam! All the feels when they went out together.

I thought Lilly would come back to get me after I abandoned her, would've liked to have seen more of her.

I'm still absorbing everything, but overall I thought the story was amazing. I don't have any problem with this being considered the Game of the Year. It's light on actual gameplay, but it's been more engaging than any other game I've played this year.

14. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

I suspected it would end in the way that it did, but it was still extraordinarily effective and heart-breaking. Really one of the best narratives I've ever come across in a game.

I'm curious to see how the episode would play out if [BLACKOUT]Lee was on his own.[/BLACKOUT]

15. Jick

Jick Auxiliary Assistant

Just finished it and I think this is my least favorite episode. It felt way faster than the others.

But still a great episode. [blackout]I asked Clem to just leave me. I didn't want her to waste a precious bullet and to make her go through that situation.[/blackout]

As for the ending, I knew it'd go down on a sad note, but I thought [blackout]Clem would be with Omid and Crista on a boat leading to someplace safe, on the ocean. The way it ended made my heart pump and left me concerned.[/blackout]

16. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

As sad and depressing as everything was, I laughed my ass off when...

Kenny revealed that the cancer patients beat his ass and stole the boat. I would've like to have seen if they actually made it.

17. SolarTiger

It was ironic, since Kenny was the one pushing to steal the stuff from the stationwagon. Karma bit him in the ass.

18. Pepsiguy2

Pepsiguy2 Snyder Worshipper

yeah, TellTale took a not-so developed comic character and made her epic.

19. E-Man

E-Man Cooler than your daddy.

Kenny was with me the whole time, so I didn't get to see that. When we got back to the mansion the boat was gone with the note that they left.I'm thinking of playing through as an ******* just to see how it goes, but when Clementine asks me questions I can't help but try to be nice to her. I'm still sad that they couldn't let us ride off in the sunset together, but it makes sense given how the comes are pretty grim.

20. MOVIELORD101

MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

My final thoughts: BEST GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED IN A LONE TIME. PLEASE GIVE TELLTALE THE GAME OF THE YEAR AWARD AT SPIKE'S VGA'S NEXT WEEK. AND ALL THE OTHER AWARDS IT'S NOMINATED FOR. Screw Dishonored, Mass Effect 3, Journey and Assassin's Creed 3 (although I DO love those games). THIS is truly the best game of 2012 by far!

Final Score (for the series overall): 10/10

21. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

22. SolarTiger

Wow TWD walked away with GOTY from the VGAs. I'm pleasantly surprised.

23. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

It deserved it.

24. MOVIELORD101

MOVIELORD101 Utter Smeghead

I 100% agree. I'm so happy I could dance!

25. Jick

Jick Auxiliary Assistant

Great. Well deserved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.