Telltale's The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was reading about this game. It'll have 5 parts but you can purchase a group at a discounted price around 20 bucks. Anyone know how much each individual part will cost on its own?

I think that's kinda dumb, why not just drop it all at once? A video game released in 5 different parts? On different dates?

That's just how Telltale operates.

Will the episode pack be available at launch ?

As a fan of the comic is the TV show actually worth watching? I saw the first few episodes but had to move across country (Virginia to California) and haven't had the time really to catch up with the show.

I've read up to #60 in the comics. I actually like the show better than the comics.

spacer.gif

The Walking Dead
Branching Story Interview - Survive a crash - and the recently deceased - in this exciting...
Posted 10 hours ago

The Walking Dead
Episode 1 Walkthrough Part 1 - Get a first glimpse at Episode 1 for the Walking Dead!

Posted 10 hours ago

The Walking Dead
Episode 1 Walkthrough Part 2 - Get a first glimpse at Episode 1 for the Walking Dead!
plat_pc_default.gif
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif
plat_mac_default.gif

new.gif

Posted 10 hours ago

First Episode of Telltale's The Walking Dead To Release Tomorow (April 24th) on PSN, Mac & PC; Will Launch on the EU PSN This Wednesday (April 25th)

The first episode of The Walking Dead, ‘A New Day,’ will arrive on PSN this Tuesday, April 24th (US) & on Wednesday, April 25th (EU). Each episode will cost $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 on the PlayStation Store, and you’ll be able to pre-purchase the entire five-episode season for $19.99/€19.99/£15.99 to save on the total season price and nab an exclusive PS3 premium theme (pictured below).

zaRZE.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/23/the-walking-dead-game-series-lurches-to-psn-tuesday-with-pre-purchase/
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/04/23/the-walking-dead-game-series-lurches-to-psn-on-wednesday/

After Jurassic Park, I'll wait for reviews or a demo of the game before planning on buying it. But it does seem promising from what I've seen, so I just hope it delivers.

Is this gonna be an XBLA title? Or a games on demand title? If its the former then it has to have a demo attached.

Yes, it'll be available on XBLA. Sadly, I don't think they're planning on releasing a demo for this game since Jurassic Park: The Game was also released on Xbox Live Arcade and that one didn't have a demo as well. But as I said before, I'm interested in the game but I'd be more interested in a demo first.

Yes, it'll be available on XBLA. Sadly, I don't think they're planning on releasing a demo for this game since Jurassic Park: The Game was also released on Xbox Live Arcade and that one didn't have a demo as well. But as I said before, I'm interested in the game but I'd be more interested in a demo first.

Well ALL XBLA games come with a demo. Theres a difference between a game on demand vs an XBLA title. For instance I Am Alive is an Arcade title and has a demo attached. Resident Evil 4 HD is a GOD title and does not have a demo. Thats why i was wondering how this game will be classified.

Well ALL XBLA games come with a demo. Theres a difference between a game on demand vs an XBLA title. For instance I Am Alive is an Arcade title and has a demo attached. Resident Evil 4 HD is a GOD title and does not have a demo. Thats why i was wondering how this game will be classified.

Oops, my bad. I just checked and yes, you're right. The game will get a demo on the Xbox 360 but it's still uncertain if the PS3 and PC will receive a similar treatment. Anyway, I like what I'm reading from IGN's review of the game. Got me thinking if I should buy the season pass.

New trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-story-the-walking/729480

More reviews has emerged.

Joystiq - 4/5
The Walking Dead: Episode 1 remains a great adaptation of Robert Kirkman's comic, one that isn't a chore to play and is genuinely absorbing across its two-hour entirety, even with its hiccups. Also, if you're looking for the most depressing dad sim on the planet, The Walking Dead: Episode 1 is for you.

Cinema Blend - 5/5
There’s always some suspicion when it comes to licensed games but Walking Dead doesn’t deserve paranoia. Telltale has managed to adapt the traditional adventure game model to perfectly fit the subject matter. If you’re a fan of the show or the comics, this game will satisfy your hunger for another tale in the Dead universe.

The Verge - 9/10
So many games have teased a truly "interactive" narrative, but I can think of none that have delivered this well.

Shacknews - N/A
Thanks to its focus on player choice and character relationships, The Walking Dead is more than just a great adaptation of a beloved property--it is easily one of Telltale's best games. After completing the first episode, I am now hooked, eagerly awaiting future episodes in the season

Okay, this pretty much seals the deal for me. I was skeptical at first but after many positive reviews, I think I'm going to buy the season pass.

Me too, but for how long will the season pass last?

Me too, but for how long will the season pass last?

As far as I know the pass is simply the 5 episodes of the game bought at once and at a slight discount, so... 5 months. One month per episode.

When is this out for 360? I looked today but didn't see it.

I hope this eventually makes its way free on PS Plus

Yea then I wouldn't be surprised if this did at some point. I'd deff wait if I were a Plus member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"