Telltale's The Walking Dead

So who did you guys side with in the end of Season 2, Jane or Kenny?

Jane for me. Its been so long since Ive played this game though. I may need to replay it. One of the seasons was given for free on PS Plus. I think it was 2

Sided with Jane at first, immediately regretted it after finding out what she did with AJ.

I then played the episode again and sided with Kenny. Much, much better ending. :up:

I also chose Jane. If she manages to survive (doubt it) due to our actions, hopefully she isnt a continued hot mess.

Did anyone play the Michonne one? I did a few weeks ago. It was alright but definitely not as great as the full season. One of my issues was that I had no frame of reference for where this was supposed to take place. Like was it tied to the show, books, what were her relationship to Rick and the group, etc... I read summary so I now know but the game didnt rally make that clear and her immediate backstory felt too ambiguous. I supposed intentional to not alienate anyone, but in a way, thats what it did

I really didnt care for the characters. Too many and considering this was a side thing not connected to S3, it made it that more easy to not get invested.

The episodes also felt very short. Much shorter than typical. It feel like there wasnt as many opportunities for choices either. Overall it felt rather mediocore and while an interesting concept to use a tv character, this did not need to exist. The entire thing felt pointless. I really wish they had taken the time to do something else, like season 3 or that Marvel game we are still waiting on.

I thought Clem was going to be playable. Had no clue there was a new character

Shocked they are releasing episodes 1 and 2 together instead of holding off on 2 in case they cant stick to schedule

Looking forward to it. I've fallen a bit behind on my Telltale games this year.

Did anyone play the Michonne one? I did a few weeks ago. It was alright but definitely not as great as the full season. One of my issues was that I had no frame of reference for where this was supposed to take place. Like was it tied to the show, books, what were her relationship to Rick and the group, etc... I read summary so I now know but the game didnt rally make that clear and her immediate backstory felt too ambiguous. I supposed intentional to not alienate anyone, but in a way, thats what it did

I really didnt care for the characters. Too many and considering this was a side thing not connected to S3, it made it that more easy to not get invested.

The episodes also felt very short. Much shorter than typical. It feel like there wasnt as many opportunities for choices either. Overall it felt rather mediocore and while an interesting concept to use a tv character, this did not need to exist. The entire thing felt pointless. I really wish they had taken the time to do something else, like season 3 or that Marvel game we are still waiting on.
I've completed the first 2 chapters and would agree that it is much shorter and less consequential than the main series without an obvious link to other Walking Dead events (which is a bit of a shame)

But I enjoyed it and liked the main character (nice to play as a proper badass) and some of the other goodie characters. As for making this at the expense of other projects I don't think this would have taken that much time or tied up too many resources as there are only so many possible branches within the 3 short chapters. I'm glad they made it myself and am happy to play through more mini-projects if they can turn them around quickly enough and have at least this level of quality.

Two articles same places

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series season 3 launch trailer shows a familiar face

[YT]Bxj1e1Hbk-k[/YT]
1 day ago

The Walking Dead's third season just got a launch trailer ahead of its release in a week's time,

teasing what's coming for Clem and Javier in this..
Read more

Here's how save game transfer works in Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 3

9 hours ago

Whether you're going into The Walking Dead's third Telltale season completely fresh, you've played the first two seasons on Steam, or you played...
Read more

source: :PCGN

Last edited:
Finished Michonne and defiinitely in the mood for Season 3 now!

I would like it if they could eventually crossover Michonne into the main series.

3 articles all from the same place

The Walking Dead season three is still better than the TV show, despite moving Clem out of the spotlight

1 hour ago

The third season of Telltale’s The Walking Dead opens on an unexpected scene. Rather than pulling back the curtains five years into the doomed...
Read more

Also with

Telltale: our format doesn't change because it should be as instinctive as Netflix

http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-walking-dead-a-new-frontier/telltale-format

1 hour ago

Since 2012, Telltale have been making a very specific type of game. There’s a particular recipe of quick time events and moral choices that...
Read more

Lastly
Join us as we endure apocalyptic misery in The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

1 hour ago

It’s a tough world out there, especially when that world is Robert Kirkman’s continuing story of survival horror: The Walking Dead....Read more

source: :PCGN

its about time. Now if only they worked on a new engine that gave these games a visual upgrade

I wish they would use a better engine although I guess there isn't that much motivation to if they can clean up while doing things with low costs. I haven't played the Batman game but I heard somewhere that the engine was upgraded for it. No idea if there's any truth to that but it would be a start at least.

I wish they would use a better engine although I guess there isn't that much motivation to if they can clean up while doing things with low costs. I haven't played the Batman game but I heard somewhere that the engine was upgraded for it. No idea if there's any truth to that but it would be a start at least.

doesnt feel like it as people still reported technical issues. The last episode for example had lipsynching problems where the audio wasnt lining up with the character's mouths. IIRC, Batman was just an upgraded engine of the one they've been using. They need to overhaul and make a completely new one as its definitely shown its age.

Last edited:
It's true that they said they "upgraded" and "revised" their engine for Batman. There's very little proof they did, though, as Batman suffered the same issues as basically all of their releases and looked about the same visually.

I don't know why they would have syncing issues (and mine were very bad on Michonne) when they are running something that looks as low on detail and animation playing on an advanced console that should be able to run something like that in its sleep.

And that's disappointing to hear on Batman then. I really like these games but also want them eventually to evolve into more polished products, but I don't see much incentive for them to do that when they can sell loads just by churning out content on their old, unambitious and faulty engine (my fault too for continuing to buy :dry:).

I don't want Telltale to change their style anymore than I want the Madden franchise to become a baseball video game. Telltale games are what they are. Interactive movies at $5 per pop. Anyone who expected them to ever be anything more than that was confused as to the genre of game that they were playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"