Telltale's The Walking Dead

I don't want Telltale to change their style anymore than I want the Madden franchise to become a baseball video game. Telltale games are what they are. Interactive movies at $5 per pop. Anyone who expected them to ever be anything more than that was confused as to the genre of game that they were playing.

I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting a franchise/studio to evolve and grow, especially after years worth of experience. Improving the fidelity of their games and engine doesnt mean they have to change their style. The stuff people have complained about may have been okay back in 2012 when they released the first episode of TWD, but they've grown a bit since then and made alot of money. Pouring that back into their product to improve future games isnt unreasonable

I don't want Telltale to change their style anymore than I want the Madden franchise to become a baseball video game. Telltale games are what they are. Interactive movies at $5 per pop. Anyone who expected them to ever be anything more than that was confused as to the genre of game that they were playing.
hmm I've always looked at what tell tale has been doing as updated version of that most games have been doing withthe visual novel concept minus the routs after you've made chose cause they have more then one of many results from the chose you make and they lead to multiple endings in the japan styled games . the tell tale one are littlemore limeted there for now.

So I guess the net flix analog works here in their case.

but as to me answering your post, I'm gonna say there's nothing wrong and shouldn't be nothing wrong with tell tale expanding and growing in how they do things as long as it's a steady and natural process and not a "forced changed thing" or something they doing just to make people look at them .

I don't mind them taking risque's , but I hope they don't do what some other's do too often that eventually leads to a fast end of their company or some of their workers are bored or really don't know what to do direction wise.

The formula they have is a good, one yes . but that doesn't mean they should never grow or try new things.

Last edited:
Was anybody a bit underwhelmed by the new episodes?

I hated how

Major spoilers don't read unless u played season 3 episode 1

how it didn't matter if u went with Kenny or Jane at the end of season 2 since they kill them off no matter who u went with. Yes this is clem's story but just to right them off like that's is frustrating.

I loved it. The new characters are engaging. There is a nice element of mystery going, as Clem's past two years slowly unfold. And I love Clem's new role. It is such a natural evolution for her.

I hated how

Major spoilers don't read unless u played season 3 episode 1

how it didn't matter if u went with Kenny or Jane at the end of season 2 since they kill them off no matter who u went with. Yes this is clem's story but just to right them off like that's is frustrating.

I was irked when I first heard about it. But upon seeing it in action and observing what they did with Jane, it was so fitting I couldn't be mad. Although I've heard Kenny's is much more underwhelming, so if you picked him, I could see why you'd be upset.

Only played the first one. I thought it was a bit underwhelming at first but it sucked me in with that twist at the end. This is typical of TTG's games though. Im hooked and ready to play Episode 2 now.

I also like that your choices from season 2 actually do matter, which wasnt the cast last time. [BLACKOUT]Did not expect to play as Clem directly following season 2's end [/BLACKOUT]but that was neat and it seems they were listening to previous complaints

The choice generator is a godsend and Im glad they finally implemented it. This allows people to freely play the game across different consoles without having to worry about being locked to one.

and this is why it was a stupid idea for them to release 1 and 2 together. They should have held 2 and kept it so they could space things out and give them time to keep to a decent schedule. Its been 3 months now. Thats unnacceptable these days especailly when they were so good with Batman.

I'll wait till they're done with it before getting it.

Season 3 Episode 3

I brought out my inner Negan on Badger.

What an awful ending. Really like what the hell? The episode was good but the ending was way too abrupt

Season 3 Episode 3

I brought out my inner Negan on Badger.
Not me. People view killing as a relief so I wanted him to suffer indefinitely as a walker even if he was pretty much gone at that point. Max though? I had no trouble shooting him in the head first chance I got

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]6:38[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[YT]LGQtiuUUHfs[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]Hot Shots Golf Returns - The Rundown - Electric Playground

[/FONT]
1,176 views[FONT=&quot]13 hours ago[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Published on 21 Apr 2017[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fore! We've got an all-new edition of the Rundown for you, complete with the first details on a new Hot Shots Golf game for the PS4! We've also got a new perspective on Grand Theft Auto Online, some good news for game maker Ubisoft, some steep DLC for the extreme winter sports game Steep, fulfil a few wishes with the new Aladdin movie, get scared by the next Insidious film, chomp our way through a new Pac-Man game, and finally, take a look at the next chapter in Telltale's latest Walking Dead game!

source: EPN.tv
[/FONT]

From the Gallows is almost upon us.

[FONT=&quot]Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier is getting ready to wrap up, especially now that the studio's latest series, Guardians of the Galaxy, has taken center stage. Yesterday, Telltale released the trailer for Episode 5, the Season finale in a series that, frankly, we may not see for some time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here's the trailer:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][YT]8g65ZlBcXEQ[/YT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The trailer also reveals that Episode 5, titled From the Gallows will release next week on May 30th. With this being the final episode of the season, it will be interesting to see how all of our choices come together.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you're interested in checking out more on A New Frontier, you can head over to the official GameZone reviews on the other episodes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Episode 5: From The Gallows releases on May 30th, 2017 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, iOS, and Android.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source: [YouTube][/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Dude. Not cool. The image attached to your article contains a pretty massive episode 5 spoiler. Pretty much spoils the episode 4 cliffhanger. Really not cool to post that without some sort of spoiler warning for those of us who try to go into each episode with as little pre-existing knowledge as possible.

Dude. Not cool. The image attached to your article contains a pretty massive episode 5 spoiler. Pretty much spoils the episode 4 cliffhanger. Really not cool to post that without some sort of spoiler warning for those of us who try to go into each episode with as little pre-existing knowledge as possible.

is this the post just above you? the one using the same image as the you tube video that was on every video game "New's out let's" web site that very day?

ok I'm sorry about that then. I'll try to do better in the future. even if it's the trailer image it's self.

is this the post just above you? the one using the same image as the you tube video that was on every video game "New's out let's" web site that very day?

ok I'm sorry about that then. I'll try to do better in the future. even if it's the trailer image it's self.

Yeah, I googled after seeing that promo and I think my blame may have been misdirected. Apparently Telltale is getting some flack for releasing said spoiler in their promotional material. So it would appear the culprit is Telltale. Unless of course the spoiler is a red herring or misdirect (which I hope to be the case as I really like the character who is the subject of the spoiler).

Yeah, I googled after seeing that promo and I think my blame may have been misdirected. Apparently Telltale is getting some flack for releasing said spoiler in their promotional material. So it would appear the culprit is Telltale. Unless of course the spoiler is a red herring or misdirect (which I hope to be the case as I really like the character who is the subject of the spoiler).
if there were spoiler under stand I wouldn't put it up on purpose I usual look this stuff up and see what site put up first and how many before I put it up. but I do make mistakes. if there are any in the future and I did F up . yo man tell me in pm or other here too. I'll do my bet to fix it that day I posted it on. but there will be times I slip up so help me out and I'll do my best to remedy the problem or do better next time.

But yeah the people putting out the video's to the gamer news out lets screw up too when they should notice some thing them selves .

Last edited:
if there were spoiler under stand I would put it up on purpose I usual look this stuff up and see what site put up first and how many before I put it up. but I do make mistakes. if there are any in the future and I did F up . yo man tell me in pm or other here too. I'll do my bet to fix it that day I posted it on. but there will be times I slip up so help me out and I'll do my best to remedy the problem or do better next time.

But yeah the people putting out the video's to the gamer news out lets screw up too when they should notice some thing them selves .

Well,

Turns out there was no harm no foul. The promotional material was very much a red herring

My thoughts on the finale...

I enjoyed it. Honestly, I think this is the best gaming franchise on the market at the moment, at least in terms of depth and characterization. You really do start to feel for the characters and place yourself in that of the player character. It leads to an emotional, compelling experience.

After the finale, I liked the choice to use Javi as a protagonist with Clem as a side character. It lets us explore Clem in a new way while also building a bond for a new character.

That said, I hope Javi is not revisited next season, beyond a supporting role. He got his happy ending (or whatever ending the player gave him). Let him keep that. If he has a smaller role, Telltale can account for the variables. But I don't want a season opener where, as was the case with Kenny/Jane and Christa/Omid its like "Uhh, so there are a bunch of variable endings...lets kill all the characters in the opening scene to equalize things." By keeping Javi in Richmond, we can avoid that.

So what ending did everyone get?

I went to plug the wall with Kate, after refusing to fight David once I confessed to being with Kate. This led to Clem going after David and Gabe (I loved Clem's role as Javi's wingman btw. Their splitting up was great, because by that point they had a mutual trust and could rely on one another to get the jobs done). David died off screen but Clem saved Gabe. Kate and Javi decided to remain in Richmond and start a family. Javi agreed to lead Richmond.

It was a uncharacteristically happy ending, but I liked it.

One thing I really dug is that there is no way to get closure on everything. I don't know what happened to Joan (because of choices I made in episode 4, apparently). And no matter what you route pick during the climax, you will miss something. Either David dies off screen or Kate dies/disappears off screen. There is no tidy bow. I like that. It really makes the choices matter.

I didnt see the pic but thanks for the warning. I'll stay out till I finish it, hopefully sometime this month

So what ending did everyone get?

I went to plug the wall with Kate, after refusing to fight David once I confessed to being with Kate. This led to Clem going after David and Gabe (I loved Clem's role as Javi's wingman btw. Their splitting up was great, because by that point they had a mutual trust and could rely on one another to get the jobs done). David died off screen but Clem saved Gabe. Kate and Javi decided to remain in Richmond and start a family. Javi agreed to lead Richmond.

It was a uncharacteristically happy ending, but I liked it.

One thing I really dug is that there is no way to get closure on everything. I don't know what happened to Joan (because of choices I made in episode 4, apparently). And no matter what you route pick during the climax, you will miss something. Either David dies off screen or Kate dies/disappears off screen. There is no tidy bow. I like that. It really makes the choices matter.

Mine was similar but darker. Clem went with Javi to help Kate save Richmond, resulting in both David and Gabe dying. Javi and Clem find Gabe bitten and I chose to give him a gun to let him end it himself. It was really tragic, which is why I chose not to have Javi start a family with Kate. It was an extremely bittersweet ending.

And I agree, I wouldn't want Javi to be the protagonist of Season 4. His story feels complete; I was very impressed with how definitive the episode was, despite the large number of possible outcomes. I liked the idea of Clem being a supporting character and viewing her through the lens of another protagonist (I kept thinking of Mad Max), but I felt like the tag at the end of the credits suggested that the next season would refocus on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"