Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett!

It's definitely hard to picture the Boba shown in this episode as the same one that was so easily "defeated" in ROTJ.

Is Morrison actually known to be as heavy as that gut appears to make him?

I remember him in Aquaman from 2018 and I don't recall him looking like that.

Granted he is a lot older now than when he played Jango and the Clones. We all age.

Thing is... It is kinda conspicuous.

So... Maybe that's costuming? Maybe Boba getting into shape is an arc or plays a role here?

I definitely think Rodriguez shot him that way on purpose. I mean, it’s Hollywood and they can hide whatever they want. It’s definitely a deliberate choice in the angles whether it was Morrison’s physique that inspired it or not.

These are all from 2018 during the filming and then the release of Aquaman.

3TYPKUPNEEZCE4RNPVJPSM42ZM.jpg

DiMAzILWsAQTf3I.jpg

world-premiere-of-aquaman-los-angeles-usa-shutterstock-editorial-10031963n.jpg

In that last one... I don't know... He could be starting that gut we saw in Chapter 14 but he for sure is nowhere near that in the first two images.

The next one is Morrison with the cast of the DORA film.

temuera-morrison-and-guests-attend-the-premiere-of-paramount-pictures-picture-id1158351900

la-premiere-of-paramount-pictures-dora-and-the-lost-city-of-gold-featuring-temuera-morrison-guest-where-los-angeles-california-united-states-when-29-jul-2019-credit-fayesvisionwenncom-WD5B7E.jpg

Definitely a little more Dad Bod, again... He's no spring chicken, but... That doesn't quite look like this:

man141.jpg

I think I could go either way right now. That might be Morrison's gut, I mean... We've had a tough 2020, I won't begrudge him stress eating. At the same time it looks a lot like "padding" either as part of the costuming or the look of the character as decided by the creators.

I was expecting Boba to start as an adversary before finding a common enemy or debt (as it turned out) to fight alongside Mando. Instead he became allied very early on and that worked out well too.

I was expecting Boba to start as an adversary before finding a common enemy or debt (as it turned out) to fight alongside Mando. Instead he became allied very early on and that worked out well too.
I like that with both Tano and Fett they just gave the majority of us what we wanted without too much in the way of teasing it out. Nor playing too much into a counter expectations strategy in telling the story.

I like that with both Tano and Fett they just gave the majority of us what we wanted without too much in the way of teasing it out. Nor playing too much into a counter expectations strategy in telling the story.
True with Ahsoka too, yes. I was sorting out my food while the episode was starting not expecting her to show up till later in the episode and they went all out glorious action from the start!

I suspect a bunch of fans were up for a more adversarial Boba Fett to start with but I'm cool with this honour-burdened version and how the events turned out. l really love Mando having capable allies out there in case he comes up against greater threats, even if most his journey is undertaken alone. In the last 4 episodes we have 3 sets of important Star Wars characters who have been introduced and all come on side with a minimum of fuss. It's all working so beautifully. :cwink:

I kinda wish it wasn't so convenient, and this happy allegiance was a bit more tense.
The way he proudly went on about his father, who we know he watched Jedi Windu lop off his dad's head.
Is he aware what the child whose safety he's suddenly vowing to protect is? Or is he just trying to get close enough to it.

That tension was somewhat defused, when he followed the request to back off when he had a shot.
Hopefully something more interesting still plays out.

Last edited:
Seems like its so much tougher to get the armor off of Mando than it would be Cobb Vanth. Wonder what took him so long to get the armor back.

I kinda wish it wasn't so convenient, and this happy allegiance was a bit more tense.
The way he proudly went on about his father, who we know he watched Jedi Windu lop off his dad's head.
Is he aware what the child whose safety he's suddenly vowing to protect is? Or is he just trying to get personaly close enough to it.

That tension was somewhat defused, when he followed the request to back off when he had a shot.
Hopefully something more interesting still plays out.
It feels like the weight of a debt of honour outweighs everything, even if fulfilling that debt leads to your own death or other major disadvantage. I like that aspect. But I can certainly understand (and expected ahead of time as mentioned above) fans wanting the Boba Mando intro to start off with them pitted against each other.

Seems like its so much tougher to get the armor off of Mando than it would be Cobb Vanth. Wonder what took him so long to get the armor back.
How long is Cobb Vanth supposed to have had the armour?

The bit I heard was Boba was pretty much on the Downlow, but when Din came to Tatooine in season 1, just seeing a proud Mandalorian again walking around, inspired him to reclaim his own Mando status.

How long is Cobb Vanth supposed to have had the armour?

Not sure.

Fett was swallowed in it. Then Vanth got it off the Jawas and used it to become Marshall. There has been 5 years though between when Fett was eaten and Mando shows up. If Fett got out of the Sarlac in the 1st year question would be how did the Jawas get it? But that also means Fett's been looking for 4 years before he tracks down Mando.

Not sure.

Fett was swallowed in it. Then Vanth got it off the Jawas and used it to become Marshall. There has been 5 years though between when Fett was eaten and Mando shows up. If Fett got out of the Sarlac in the 1st year question would be how did the Jawas get it? But that also means Fett's been looking for 4 years before he tracks down Mando.
Yeah, hopefully the amount of time that Fett has been free isn’t all that long, as you’d expect the armour to be a top priority for him, and that he would be able to track it down reasonably quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"