Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett!

He better keep the ascot/wrap-around scarf.
tenor.gif

I love that the clones are still a sore spot for Boba. Doesn't care a **** about Mando ****. But clones, oh boy. Don't hit the clone button.

Might explain why he was so brutal against stormtroopers.

In other words, Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian, but he has a deep connection to his father and sees the armor as his right.

Boba Fett doesn't care about Mandalorians or Mandalore. He only helped Din Djarin because he helped him get his armor back.

Boba Fett got redemption in such a magnificent way and I can't wait to see what is next.

Was it redemption? He only helped Din out because he got his armor back, and him presumably taking over the Tatooine crime syndicate doesn't indicate he'll be following the righteous path. But I think that's in line with his past characterization.

In other words, Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian, but he has a deep connection to his father and sees the armor as his right.

Boba Fett doesn't care about Mandalorians or Mandalore. He only helped Din Djarin because he helped him get his armor back.

I think its about the shadiest of grey you can imagine.

But it also leads into the great question: what makes a Mandalorian?

Cuz we got the Old Families like Bo-Katan and Sabine, the Foundlings like Din and Jango and then we have Boba.

Boba might not claim to be a Mando...and Jango may have been a "non-practicing/lost his faith" if you will when he raised him...but a lot of the teachings that he passed on, at least in the old Legends Canon, were Mando teachings. Teachings that Boba still obviously holds true too.

I think this also may lead into a further deconstruction of "The Way". Is the a right "Way" to be a Mandalorian? Din was raised one way, Bo-Katan another. And does there even need to be a "Way". Boba initially came to him as an adversary but stuck by him to the very end even when he could have bounced anytime after he got his armor. Bo-katan had to be convinced by Din saying he would help liberate Mandalore. An interesting juxtaposition.

Especially since Din now holds claim to the Darksaber.

You know what would go a long way? Boba's outfit was not just more beat up than when Jango had it. It was festooned with little details and textures, tchokes etc (Those braids, the action/flight suit underneath with it's pockets.) and wearing the armor over the black tunic/robe smooths out the look which we just aren't used to with Boba.

I would hope that Boba's look will go through a little refining of his look by the time the show hits. On the onther hand, as that last shot shows, the black under clothing look fits with a more capo tutti di capo vibe that imagery on the throne evokes.
The-Mandalorian-Season-2-Finale-Post-Credits-Boba-Fett-Fennec-Shand.jpg

His more battered and worn armor had more character. He looked too polished.

He also really, really, really hates the clones.

I think its about the shadiest of grey you can imagine.

But it also leads into the great question: what makes a Mandalorian?

Cuz we got the Old Families like Bo-Katan and Sabine, the Foundlings like Din and Jango and then we have Boba.

Boba might not claim to be a Mando...and Jango may have been a "non-practicing/lost his faith" if you will when he raised him...but a lot of the teachings that he passed on, at least in the old Legends Canon, were Mando teachings. Teachings that Boba still obviously holds true too.

I think this also may lead into a further deconstruction of "The Way". Is the a right "Way" to be a Mandalorian? Din was raised one way, Bo-Katan another. And does there even need to be a "Way". Boba initially came to him as an adversary but stuck by him to the very end even when he could have bounced anytime after he got his armor. Bo-katan had to be convinced by Din saying he would help liberate Mandalore. An interesting juxtaposition.

Especially since Din now holds claim to the Darksaber.

Its more than that. Foundlings are not necessarily only related to Children of the Watch. Would not be surprised if Jango was taken up by Mandalorian Protectors. There are also the New Mandalorians. A whole lot of aspects to the Mandalorian culture to explore.

Gotta say, Temuera really owns that Boba voice to me in this last episode. It has the right kind of hiss on top of his accent and the rasp in his post-Sarlacc. It's firing on all cylinders.

She has way more guilt and shame she is hiding in comparison. Boba just doing his thing, while Bo decided she needed to treat him like he shot her space hound.
Bo-Katarn is a nationalist, with all the vices, virtues, and narrative conundrums and double standards that encapsulates.

Boba is a blunt merc with some rules.

They both have some amorality to their stylings, but Boba doesn’t mind admitting it, whereas Bo-Katan kind of depends on having a self-narrative that justifies her actions.

The really interesting thing to me is the possible implications that Boba’s show might serve as background to the Hutt cartels being overthrown by TFA (clearly the best ST movie), and that they might have a sneaky way to allow Godfather Boba to be easy to cheer for even as he becomes a crime lord - have him also deliberately destroy the slave state underpinning the Hutt underworld.

1. Started Death Watch
2. Was willing to overthrow and assassinate her own sister

Technically wasn't Death Watch a House Vizsla organization, and she was just the black sheep of Clan Kryze or was Satine the black sheep...

But yeah philosophical ideologies aside...its still your sister SMH

Bo-Katarn is a nationalist, with all the vices, virtues, and narrative conundrums and double standards that encapsulates.

Boba is a blunt merc with some rules.

They both have some amorality to their stylings, but Boba doesn’t mind admitting it, whereas Bo-Katan kind of depends on having a self-narrative that justifies her actions.

The really interesting thing to me is the possible implications that Boba’s show might serve as background to the Hutt cartels being overthrown by TFA (clearly the best ST movie), and that they might have a sneaky way to allow Godfather Boba to be easy to cheer for even as he becomes a crime lord - have him also deliberately destroy the slave state underpinning the Hutt underworld.

Eh, Boba didn't have any moral qualms with hanging out at Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi, so he suddenly cares about the Hutts' slaves and such now?

Eh, Boba didn't have any moral qualms with hanging out at Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi, so he suddenly cares about the Hutts' slaves and such now?
He doesn’t have to care about them. He just has to see them as a key enemy asset that can be removed without having to expend the resources to kill everyone.

Kanjiklub at least is supposed to hail from a formerly enslaved Hutt planet, I believe. And if you want amoral but protagonistic Boba, even incidental emancipation is going to play into that.

...I also have a small, much more insubstantial theory of Boba having been a spice addict back in ROTJ, explains his less-than-stellar showing there alongside his reference to spice dreams and being wretched. Yeah, he got eaten by the Sarlaac, but having to recover from his addiction on top of his wounds would better explain the time spent not going for his armor when Cobb vanity had it.

He doesn’t have to care about them. He just has to see them as a key enemy asset that can be removed without having to expend the resources to kill everyone.

Kanjiklub at least is supposed to hail from a formerly enslaved Hutt planet, I believe. And if you want amoral but protagonistic Boba, even incidental emancipation is going to play into that.

...I also have a small, much more insubstantial theory of Boba having been a spice addict back in ROTJ, explains his less-than-stellar showing there alongside his reference to spice dreams and being wretched. Yeah, he got eaten by the Sarlaac, but having to recover from his addiction on top of his wounds would better explain the time spent not going for his armor when Cobb vanity had it.

.....honestly I might appropriate that spice addiction theory for my headcanon. I need something to handwave away him being a bumbling fool on the sail barge.

Technically wasn't Death Watch a House Vizsla organization, and she was just the black sheep of Clan Kryze or was Satine the black sheep...

But yeah philosophical ideologies aside...its still your sister SMH

While Pre Viszla was the head honcho, she was among the original founding members. I wouldn't say she was a black sheep.

Frankly, I don't think the show ever really did a good job of explaining their falling out.

So glad Temuera gets to show what he can do in his own series, feels like he really loved the role and had more than what he got to do back in the day with Jango to do and will hopefully get some good stuff to sink his teeth into.

Certainly came across as a grizzled, grumpy, veteran bounty hunter who had been half eaten alive in Season 2 in the short space of time he had, Im giddy at the prospect of what can be done in a whole season focused on him.

But please no Jedi/Skywalker stuff, as cool as seeing luke again was it would be nice to keep this underworld free of all that.

What if Boba Fett is dead and this is another Jango clone who assumed his identity?

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"