Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny

What we've got is gonna turn your brains into ****!

Tim Robbins - Catch me if you can.

Saw it today with some friends and I liked it. I was hoping for something more... Epic, but I still liked it. My favorite part was the whole sasquatch part, mostly the river part.

Just got back. And I laughed myself silly. It was a big, dumb movie with great rock and roll music and quite a few really funny jokes.

TOG, I kind of feeling the same... I was expecting something on a bigger scope, seemed too small... still loved the movie though.

Funniest line, "we're going to c*m in youy ear p***ies!"

Clerk said:
I went through the album: kind of disappointing, but I think it's just a companion for the film, so I'll wait until I see the movie to make full judgement.

Still Papagenu is beautiful. :csad:

And I was right: movie makes the album rise to the original's level. The movie was awesome, and as someone said, the strawberry river part had me pissing my pants in laughter. :woot:

I want a legged guitar like Kyle. :csad:

Hehe... yeah, JB in the river was so funny, lol.

Meatloaf rocked his role... I was kinda dissapointed he didn't reappear at the end.

I loved the plan Tim Robbins gave Jables, a drawing of an air shaft. LMAO!

Haha! Amazing!

Come on guys! More quotes!

Why isn't this making more money! :cmad:

Get out there Hype and make the D rule over Bond! :csad:

$825,000 on Thursday. :csad:

The showing I saw had almost no one else there and we were running late..

That sucks. :(

My showing was about a 1/3 full.

Can't believe there're more people are seeing crap like Deck The Halls or The Santa Clause than people worshiping the D.

Unacceptable!

So f***ing true... and I honestly can't believe a movie with Jac Black in hasn't brought more butts in the theatre.

I saw it tonight got the album last week and the film really makes the album even better :D

I love the bit where he is tripping on mushrooms :D

There was was a married couple with their teenage son behind us talking to their young couple friends and said Jack Black films are great because everyone can see them. He doesn't swear etc. So he wasn't aware of his other appearences outside Nacho Libre, School of Rock, Shallow Hal etc. Plus the couple that joined them didn't know what the movie really was. So when the movie started of course they were in for a surprise.

It perhaps wasn't as epic as one would hope but it gets the job done. If you're a fan of JB and KG you'll enjoy the film.
I was disappointed that The Greatest Song in the World wasn't performed or at least heard over the credits. The film needed something like that for the ending.Some great one liners. I don't know how non-fans would think of the film but you could see worse.

"You'll be gargling mayonnaise."

It's not showing here yet but I went and saw Borat on the weekend and one of the trailers was Pick of Destiny. I thought I had downloaded every trailer but this one I had not seen before, it has a short clip of Kyle busking and Jack starts singing along to his classical guitar ...awesome!!!

Has anyone seen this or know where I could download it?

i saw this movie friday and damn, i ****ing loved it!

"i can't wait to take cage back to bad place, i'm gonna fill em with my hot demon gel!" damn beezleboss is a classic

i have a question. what is the name of that song they were singing when jb was imagining how they would sound with the pick of destiny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"