TENET

The Dark Knight, Memento, Interstellar and Inception are all masterpieces IMO. You could put The Prestige up there as well, but honestly it's still kind of hard for me to choose which ones are more emotional between Interstellar and Inception. I'm leaning towards Interstellar though just for that ending.

Interstellar is probably my second favorite Nolan film. I know that is not popular consensus, but I find that to be a borderline masterpiece as well.

The Dark Knight, Memento, Interstellar and Inception are all masterpieces IMO. You could put The Prestige up there as well, but honestly it's still kind of hard for me to choose which ones are more emotional between Interstellar and Inception. I'm leaning towards Interstellar though just for that ending.
Inception and Interstellar are my 2 favorites of Nolan as well (probably The Dark Knight as 3rd). Unlike the majority opinion on sites, I actually think Nolan is better when doing large scale movies than smaller ones. Memento feels more concerned with plotting TBH. I think his best run was between The Dark Knight up to Interstellar.

The Prestige
Dunkirk
The Dark Knight
Inception
Batman Begins

1. The Dark Knight
2. Dunkirk
3. Memento
4. Interstellar
5. The Prestige
6. Inception
7. Following
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. Batman Begins
10. Insomnia

For me it's probably

1. The Prestige
2. The Dark Knight
3. Memento
4. Interstellar
5. Inception
6. Batman Begins
7. Dunkirk
8. The Dark Knight Rises
9. Insomnia

I'm ashamed to say, I have yet to see "Following." One HELL of a filmography, though. Not one bad (or even just mediocre) movie, in my opinion.

Such a great early lineup of films. What do people say is Nolan’s weakest film?

The Prestige... is easily his masterpiece.

I still believe that this film would’ve blown up big time commercially and critically if it was made and released post TDK.

Such a great early lineup of films. What do people say is Nolan’s weakest film?

I'd go with Dunkirk even though it's far from a bad film. Insomnia is damn good movie with fantastic performances from Al Pacino and Robin Williams IMO, but I get why some think its his weakest.

Not when Following exists... that film is still very small scale.

I'd go with Dunkirk even though it's far from a bad film. Insomnia is damn good movie with fantastic performances from Al Pacino and Robin Williams IMO, but I get why some think its his weakest.

I think it is just because I loved Memento so much when I saw it in the theater, I got so excited for whatever Nolan was going to do next... and then he did a remake of a movie that had come out just five years earlier, and I liked the original better. So it was just disappointing for me in that aspect.

There really aren't weak Nolan films for me but I guess I'd have to pick insomnia as his weakest, but still a great film. as I stated before, The Dark Knight and The Prestige are his best.

The Making of Tenet by author James Mottram is now available for purchase on Amazon.
The price of the book is $47.16.
The book contains 144 pages of content.
It will be released the same day as the movie, July 17, 2020.
Mottram has written two previous books about Nolan's, films, The Making of Memento and The Making of Dunkirk.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"