TENET

Hey if M night has his own shared universe anything is possible
Those are more sequels than a shared universe. Tarantino's movies would be a better example of a shared universe (the Vega brothers in Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, Red Apple cigarettes in most of his movies, etc.)

Apparently it's confirmed this was done for real.

How in the world did this get past photographers and onlookers? I didn't hear or see a peep about this. That's nuts.

We knew about it in September

VlKKYtS.jpg

And WB gave him 10 helicopters

EacXXW7.jpg

2Yy6o9w.jpg

c09MDwR.jpg

jcs5pGJ.jpg

TStoqRL.jpg

“It’s a film of great ambition and great scale that takes a genre, namely the spy film, and tries to take it into some new territory, and tries to take the audience on a ride they might not have had before, and might not be expecting,”

“We’re looking at first and foremost giving the audience an incredible ride in the spy movie genre, but using the audience’s facility with following the conventions of that genre to push it into some interesting and unexpected territory.”

John David Washington is ready for action in these exclusive new images from Christopher Nolan's Tenet | GamesRadar+

Last edited:
At the very least, JDW is going to be the most physically convincing of all of Nolan's action leads. His natural athleticism is evident in just the little bit we've seen so far.

I think JDW gives off a very effortless charm and down to Earth-ness that's going to help ground a movie this big and help us go along for the crazy ride. At least that's my hunch based on what we've seen so far. He's cool/badass, but still likable/relatable.

Loving those pics! The cast to this film is fantastic and I think JDW has already proved what an badass actor he is.

Tenet: Christopher Nolan explains why they crashed a real 747 instead of using CG | GamesRadar+

I feel like Nolan is in danger of going Cameron/avatar in the sense that he is giving us something he thinks we want... rather than giving us something we want...

Someone posted a "reversed" version of the latest trailer on YouTube:

I feel like Nolan is in danger of going Cameron/avatar in the sense that he is giving us something he thinks we want... rather than giving us something we want...

I would say that's the wrong paradigm to view it through. Nolan is making the films he wants to make and has the near-limitless impunity to make them. I'd say that's pretty exciting in and of itself, and I think there's a clear pattern of him pushing himself as a filmmaker when you look at the progression of his output. Dunkirk in particular was a step forward for him in some big ways.

Last edited:

I don't think he approaches movies that way at all, tbh. I think every time out he tries to make the movie that he himself wants to see. And he's been successful because there is enough overlap between his own taste and the general audience that it pays off. It's been readily apparent for a long time that he loves Bond/spy films. I think he is the first audience member he's aiming to please when he makes a film and with Tenet it'll be no different.

It's the only way you explain something like Dunkirk. That was his distinct version of a WW2 film. That wasn't conforming to anyone's idea of a war film because it was a type of war film we literally haven't seen before.

Edit: Great minds @Brother Jack !

I agree. I'd say both Nolan and Cameron do whatever they want and each one has a very specific vision for every movie, whether the audience cares for it or not.
Well, the audience pays to see it, and the studio invest, so they better care. Like I said, he is in danger of going that route where he has an expensive movie that no one wants.

Which I think will be the case for avatar 2.

Anyways, this movie so far shows me Nolan should take over the reigns for Bond.

I only hope it isn’t just TDKRises and Inception’s baby. And, that Nolan pushes himself once again.

The acting does look great, though. I’m just a bit hesitant because the trailer shows very TDRises/Inception type moments.

Well, the audience pays to see it, and the studio invest, so they better care. Like I said, he is in danger of going that route where he has an expensive movie that no one wants.

Which I think will be the case for avatar 2.

Anyways, this movie so far shows me Nolan should take over the reigns for Bond.

Just curious, where do you see that danger coming from specifically in this case? I think this is a much easier sell than Dunkirk was. It's a familiar and fun genre, with the "Batman and Inception director" doing his take on it. Nolan himself has become a brand name at this point. There is no way an artsy WW2 film with no Americans in it grosses over half a billion without his name attached. In Cameron's case, I think his challenge is he waited so long to make the Avatar sequels that it feels like the moment has passed. Even so, I still hesitate to doubt the guy. I did in 2009 and was pretty spectacularly wrong.

I think the main obstacles Tenet is facing are Covid-19 related at the moment. The trailers have gotten a very good response so far. I also think the international setting and diverse cast is going to help the movie's global appeal.

Honestly if he sticks the landing on this movie, I rather him make this a franchise than go over to Bond.

You know I'd have to second this. I'm doubtful he'd do it, but it would be very cool to see him tell another multi-film story. Plus, when was the last time we saw an original concept spawn a big tentpole franchise? It feels like it's been a long time. Guess that's what Cameron is trying to do now.

Last edited:
You know I'd have to second this. I'm doubtful he'd do it, but it would be very cool to see him tell another multi-film story. Plus, when was the last time we saw an original concept spawn a big tentpole franchise? It feels like it's been a long time. Guess that's what Cameron is trying to do now.

The last time would probably be Fast & Furious. Oddly enough I'm unsure if I've ever seen a whole film in that franchise.

Why did they put this generic drama&hi-stakes music into the trailer? It doesn't support the original idea of the movie whatsoever. It feels like something suspenseful would fit better. Supermarine or something like that.

I find Chris Nolan quite an emotionally cool director except for Batman Begins but his films are always impressive and thought provoking. I'm also looking forward to seeing John David Washington as he looks to be just as good as his dad and makes for a compelling and charismatic lead. I think the use of a palindrome to convey time going backwards is very clever and typically Nolan. It's funny as well he's actually making a film about time after using it as a backdrop in many of his films.

Just curious, where do you see that danger coming from specifically in this case? I think this is a much easier sell than Dunkirk was. It's a familiar and fun genre, with the "Batman and Inception director" doing his take on it. Nolan himself has become a brand name at this point. There is no way an artsy WW2 film with no Americans in it grosses over half a billion without his name attached. In Cameron's case, I think his challenge is he waited so long to make the Avatar sequels that it feels like the moment has passed. Even so, I still hesitate to doubt the guy. I did in 2009 and was pretty spectacularly wrong.

I think the main obstacles Tenet is facing are Covid-19 related at the moment. The trailers have gotten a very good response so far. I also think the international setting and diverse cast is going to help the movie's global appeal.

It's not in this present case, but with each movie he pushes the limits and I feel, like I said, he is in danger of one day going too far.

When I saw the trailer for this I legit thought, what??? oh typical Nolan doing that he wants. Inception, Interstellar, now this... may well be good movies, but you stick some new, international directors name and it's a flop in the states, sadly. so to conclude, where does he go next, if he follows this trend of stretching the limits and one day, it will snap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"