TENET

Looks like Tenet will open theaters in July in Russia.

All I have for you is a name: NOLAN.
God of cinema.

Last edited:

I’m quite eager to see (if it does indeed open on July) how it does. It’s not going to do the business it would’ve done if there wasn’t a pandemic right now. Can’t help but think it isn’t gonna do too hot but we’ll see.

Last edited:

I’m quite eager to see (if it does indeed open on July) how it does. It’s not going to do the business it would’ve done if there wasn’t a pandemic right now. Can’t help but think it isn’t gonna do too hot but we’ll see.

I mean we're already in June now. I don't know about you guys, but I still can't go to the movies yet here in SoCal, ANYWHERE.

Second of all, studios maintained they are still moving ahead with these release dates until they ultimately change them.

Based on this update, my guess is, they are going to wait to move it for a few more weeks or two weeks. We'll see.

Since Cinemark is making mask optional and AMC might not survive, I’ll be seeing this on VOD.

Still plan on going. Just because others won't be wearing masks, doesn't mean that I won't.

I think Nolan is now too big. Eon wants a director they can exert influence on.
I can see them letting him have free reign on new bond for sure, it's Nolan. what they would probably do is ask him to write and plan a trilogy where each stands on their own, but overall has a nice ending in the 3rd and let him do the first, then hire their next donkey and get them to carry on Nolan's work, but with their heavy hand on their shoulder with Nolan having credit in some way to keep the Nolan tag.

Honestly, I would love a movie and then follow it up with a series on a streaming platform.

also, knowing Nolan, he would def delve into he mind set of bond, give us some trippy moments when he is being tortured or life flashing before his eyes.

Jeff Sneider saying WB looking at new dates for Tenet. Guess we'll know for sure in next 7-10 days.

Jeff Sneider saying WB looking at new dates for Tenet. Guess we'll know for sure in next 7-10 days.

“After very careful consideration, we’ve decided to move Tenet from its July 17 release date to July 24.”

The move is inevitable. Movie theaters won't be open at full capacity around the country by July 17.

It's not happening folks.

Even half capacity is not enough for a movie the size of Tenet.

The only way Tenet opens in July is if there's an overnight miracle and everything reopens EVERYWHERE in the next couple of weeks.

It's happening. NATO says 90% of movie theaters will be open by mid July.

Hope for 'Tenet?': NATO Expects 90 Percent of Global Theaters to Open by Mid-July

People are over this boomer virus. They can keep it in theaters till Christmas. It will make a **** load of money.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/28/israeli-scientists-claim-to-be-weeks-away-from-coronavirus-vaccine/

That was over three months ago. Seems a little overly optimistic if you ask me.

Also, that's a prediction by a theater owner rep. That's a hopeful prediction by a rep of the theater owners. Meaning someone who is not a doctor, not a scientist, and not a CDC rep. Do you trust that person 100% to be right?

Jeff Sneider wrote the following in the article you linked:

In fact, I’m not buying much of anything regarding this new (inflated?) figure, and it remains mind-boggling to me that WB hasn’t delayed the release of Tenet, even if it’s only by a month. The studio is playing an ill-advised game of chicken with a deadly virus, and counting on countless teenage theater employees across the country to immaculately clean theaters when many, hardworking though they may be, still have trouble cleaning their own bedrooms.

The virus seems meaningless with what has been going on in this country these days. I don't know how that may affect things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"