Terminator: Dark Fate

http://deadline.com/2017/01/termina...tim-miller-david-ellison-skydance-1201890848/

He’ll be back! James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet.

Sources said that Cameron, whose copyright reversion happens 35 years after the release of the 1984 classic, is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales.

David Ellison, whose Skydance co-financed Terminator Genisys, is bankrolling an exploratory effort that includes engaging some top-flight science fiction authors to find the movie creatively. Ellison still holds many Terminator rights, after his 2013 acquisition from sister and Annapurna principal Megan Ellison. She bought them in 2011 at Cannes for $20 million.

He's not playing a human. Arnold was at SXSW and said he was the T-800 again, and Miller was really excited about the machines being learning computers, saying this T-800 has been active for a few decades and picked up a whole lot.

He's not playing a human. Arnold was at SXSW and said he was the T-800 again, and Miller was really excited about the machines being learning computers, saying this T-800 has been active for a few decades and picked up a whole lot.

Oh so they're gonna do the old looking Terminator again?. Yeah pass from me. Nothing at all intimidating about a machine that looks like my grandad. Let's face it the fear factor went out the door the minute Arnold got to old for it. Why can't they just let it go and let this franchise die?.

Oh so they're gonna do the old looking Terminator again?. Yeah pass from me. Nothing at all intimidating about a machine that looks like my grandad. Let's face it the fear factor went out the door the minute Arnold got to old for it. Why can't they just let it go and let this franchise die?.

Have you only watched the first film? Arnold's T800 hasnt been a scary terminator since the first film, and the CGI cameo scene in Salvation. So, no, Arnold's age has nothing to do with his Terminator not being scary.

And the condition and age of the T800's skin has no effect on its ability to fight and kill. So a T800 that has old skin really shouldnt matter at all.

Last edited:
Have you only watched the first film? Arnold's T800 hasnt been a scary terminator since the first film, and the CGI cameo scene in Salvation. So, no, Arnold's age has nothing to do with his Terminator not being scary.

And the condition and age of the T800's skin has no effect on its ability to fight and kill. So a T800 that has old skin really shouldn't matter at all.

I know what you mean by scary but I would argue that Arnolds T800 in T2 while not horror character scary still felt like a truly threatening unstoppable killing machine (even though he doesn't kill any body).

The idea of a machine becoming more humane is almost scary in it self and when you compare it to the T1000 {who I think is proper scary in T2} that has the ability to mimic a human more human than the slow learning T800 that has to actually learn it.

I do agree though that an old looking T800 can be just as scary, its all to do with direction. Time will tell if if Tim Miller can give us a convincing threatening old T800

Last edited:

And the condition and age of the T800's skin has no effect on its ability to fight and kill. So a T800 that has old skin really shouldnt matter at all.
Unless his gears or joints get rusty or something. It will be odd to see an otherwise old man move lightning fast though.

The whole point of the Terminators is that they're meant to be infiltrators. They're meant to blend in and you won't know that they're even there until it's already too late.

It's part of why Robert Patrick was so effective in T2.

So one looking like an older man actually makes some sense imo.

The whole point of the Terminators is that they're meant to be infiltrators. They're meant to blend in and you won't know that they're even there until it's already too late.

It's part of why Robert Patrick was so effective in T2.

So one looking like an older man actually makes some sense imo.

Exactly.

Apparently the new Terminator wearing a blue check shirt is funny to some though. Like they expect them all to be wearing black leather and riding a motorcycle.

It does make sense but it won't look any less strange when his reflexes are so fast.

If his reflexes are so fast...then Genisys is still canon, right?

The only way I can get into Arnold playing another T-800 is if he was a villain similar to his role in T1. I am tired of the good guy terminator buddy concept.

Overall though I think this film is going to flop unless it pulls out some spectacular trailer and creatively goes in a direction that is different than the previous films but in a way that has critical acclaim and mass appeal, e.g. Logan.

If the film is too politically or socially charged, I fear the film will end up like The Last Jedi, basically a film with a huge love/hate division in the audience that leaves a long lasting scar on the franchise.

Personally, I wish Cameron had gone with an Old Man Logan route with some influences from Alien 3, i.e. this is the final Terminator film and Arnold will never play a terminator again after this film. Then make a dark and brooding neo-western where an older 800 series terminator who has been hunting her for decades finds Sarah and John hiding in Mexico with a family who has taken them in. The T-800 then takes everything from them and forces them on the run across Mexico and the US Southwest. The resistance does not send help, because the timeline has been changed and there is no resistance or Skynet in the future. This would be the last battle of the war with Sarah and her now adult son on their own. I would have Sarah die in the end saving John, sacrificing herself like Kyle in the first film to heavily damage the T-800. The film would end on a dark and somber note, John burying his mother, destroying the T-800 remains and knowing the war is finally over.

Last edited:
Brett-Azar-Jude-Collie-Terminator-2019.jpg

There's the new John Connor. Apparently theyre going to use CGI to make his face look more like Edward Furlong.

i think both are from Terminator Genisusgfdoius from 2015

Brett-Azar-Jude-Collie-Terminator-2019.jpg

There's the new John Connor. Apparently theyre going to use CGI to make his face look more like Edward Furlong.

From the sound of things, he's not so much "the new John Connor" as just a stand-in double. Making me feel like John has a cameo in a flashback or something and isn't part of the main story.

lol Terminator Creed

How long will they keep trying to reboot this franchise before realizing it's futile?

I'm a huge fan of The Terminator Franchise (minus T3 and Genesis, Salvation was alright), but I'm really tired of remaking this. They will never come close to T1 and T2! And If I'm honest, these movies are amazing classics, they really don't need a remake, sequel or whatever, especially since they aged so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"