Tessa Thompson wants an all female superhero movie

x-Women

Starring Storm, Phoenix, Rogue, Psylocke, Polaris, Dazzler, Emma Frost and Shadowcat.

Jubilee, Marrow, Cecilia Reyes, Sage, Blink and M for the sequels.

I'm amused to see they've already got pretty much the entire original line-up in the MCU already.

tumblr_mf0dlbERmB1rtuz8o.png

I'd love if they even just had a gag of those characters hanging out together in Infinity War or A4.

Poor Medusa, so close, yet so far...

All-female team up film is the one advantage WB have left over Marvel. They basically have the Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens already giving them the perfect set up. Marvel beating them to it however wouldn't not surprised me at this stage.

Maybe they can give Medusa a movie makeover.

The first thing she needs is some damn hair. The only reason for a character whose power is literally her living hair to have a shaved head is to save money on a cheap-ass TV show. :rant:

I still have no idea why the inhumans was so bad. Obviously someone said make it cheap but why? They tarnished their own brand

Why the **** not?

Plus, make a Black Widow solo movie, featuring Bucky somehow. I'd love the Russos to make another CBM in the vein of a Bourne-esque spy thriller. Hire the John Wick or Raid guys and kick the hand-to-hand action up ten notches from the The Winter Soldier.

I still have no idea why the inhumans was so bad. Obviously someone said make it cheap but why? They tarnished their own brand

One word: Perlmutter. He wanted to push the Inhumans to the forefront, while making a cheap-@XX product along the way. That's why Scott Buck was involved. He's a punctual producer with little in the way of creativity. That's why this show was a mess to begin with.

Sure why not. It'd be something different (especially since the "token female" issue is still a thing in team movies unfortunately). And seeing a character like Valkyrie, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Wasp, Shuri, Captain Marvel, etc all interact could be really fun. Perhaps have characters like
Maria Hill, Pepper Potts, Okoye, Sharon Carter, etc make guest-appearances as well.

We've had plenty of action movies filled with macho men BS, why not let to interesting female characters try to?

I wonder who the villain would be though?

Last edited:
Lady Loki would be cool. I don't know what plans Hiddleston has for the future but if his character dies in Ragnarok or the IW movies, and he doesn't want to come back, they could always resurrect Loki as a woman.

A-Force:
-She Hulk, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Medusa, Wasp, Scarlet Witch as the members
-Enchantress, Madame Masque, Madame Hydra, Sin as the villainesses
-Though I'd have a Medusa first then end up as an ally/member of the Avengers (female unit squad) as a callback to the Fantastic Four comics
-Crystal in a small role

One word: Perlmutter. He wanted to push the Inhumans to the forefront, while making a cheap-@XX product along the way. That's why Scott Buck was involved. He's a punctual producer with little in the way of creativity. That's why this show was a mess to begin with.

After the failure of Iron Fist and Inhumans, I hope Marvel will fire Scott Buck and hire somebody more competent, because there's only so many series they can screw it up until the Marvel brand is tarnished on the TV side. AOS still hasn't lived down its first season, for instance.

Plus, make a Black Widow solo movie, featuring Bucky somehow. I'd love the Russos to make another CBM in the vein of a Bourne-esque spy thriller. Hire the John Wick or Raid guys and kick the hand-to-hand action up ten notches from the The Winter Soldier.

Yes. I would go see Scarlett Johansson and Sebastian Stan pair up in a spy-thriller in a cold second. They foolishly killed off the other Winter Soldiers, but there's still plenty of Red Room-trained lady spy/assassins they could go up against (which would also have the plus of the focus remaining on the Black Widow, since it would be her primary adversaries, and not Winter Soldiers, so he'd just be her sidekick/muscle, and not steal her show)!

Who'd have thought this old James Bond fan would be excited at the potential of seeing a spy-thriller where a pair of (ex)Russians were the good guys?

Lady liberators would make a decent amount of cash.

I would definitely be excited for it, anything to see more of Valkyrie, Scarlett Witch, and Gamora,

There is a reason that every time this is tried in the comics it gets cancelled (it's low sales.) Sounds like a real snooze...and considering all we have seen from Thompson in the MCU so far is a deeply unfunny one-liner, why are we taking her advice at all?

It's not about advice, it's about doing something more with the female characters in the MCU, of which there's been barely any.

A cosmic female movie would probably work best. Valkrie, Gamora, maybe Nebula, Captain Marvel and maybe even throw in Scarlet Witch. :up:

A cosmic female movie would probably work best. Valkrie, Gamora, maybe Nebula, Captain Marvel and maybe even throw in Scarlet Witch. :up:

Definitely, a cosmic movie will be the way to go.

There is a reason that every time this is tried in the comics it gets cancelled (it's low sales.) Sounds like a real snooze...and considering all we have seen from Thompson in the MCU so far is a deeply unfunny one-liner, why are we taking her advice at all?

Sounds really boring!

Yeah, not like Ant-Man, who's been a top selling book forever.

Yeah, not like Ant-Man, who's been a top selling book forever.

Dr. Strange as well. And while Iron Man and Wondy are the two biggest stars of their respective cinematic universes, both have a history of fair to middlin' comic book sales. It's a good thing that comic book sales don't dictate what movies we get to watch because - speaking as a comic book reader - we are idiots.

Sounds pretty interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"