Tessa Thompson wants an all female superhero movie

Ragnarok set it up nicely with Tessa as the last Valkyrie. Just use the Fearless Defenders storyarc that she has to find find and unite a new Valkyrior from preexisiting MCU ladies and maybe some debut ones.

I'm all for the idea, but it really needs a character like She-Hulk or Lady Thor. Spider-woman or Storm would be nice as well, but the studio entanglements will probably prohibit that.

I would prefer "Liberators" over "Lady Liberators." But that might be a matter for Marvel's marketing department.

Greer Nelson/Tigra, Monica Rambeau/Photon, and Carmilla Black/Scorpion would be my choices. Female characters who aren't quite popular enough to join the Avengers yet.

Monica Rappaccini, the Scientist Supreme of AIM would be a good villain. She could even use "AIM," saying she purchased it after Aldric Killian went "crazy town banana pants." She wants AIM to be everything it was supposed to be, instead of Killian trying to get revenge over a stupid prank.

Some meta casting: Catherine Keener as Monica Rappaccini and Hailee Steinfeld as Carmilla Black. In the comics, Monica is Carmilla's mother and Bruce Banner MIGHT be Carmilla's father (from before he was the Hulk). The meta part: Catherine Keener and Mark Ruffalo played Hailee Steinfeld's parents in the movie "Begin Again."

Hmm, I doubt Feige would exclude the actresses who actually pitched the idea to him from the movie.

1OrT0xp.jpg

Though to be fair the rest of them are just tall for chicks.

Where is Wanda?! :(

I don't know enough about Black Panther lore to say Nakia or Shuri should be a Liberator. But I'm open to it. The rest of them should definitely make an appearance. I'd like to see the Liberators vs Grandmaster and Collector.

thor-ragnarok-grandmaster-collector-future-movie-1046321-640x320.jpg

They seem like just the right type of patriarchal, slave-owning alpha males that would require some ladies to start liberating.

Last edited:
Wasp, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Capt. Marvel in female Avengers or A-Force sure... But the rest? Not really. You'd just be putting mcu's actresses in a movie together.

Of course they should all be in the movie, along with Shuri, Agent 13, the S.H.I.E.L.D. ladies, Jessica Jones, Colleen Wing, Misty Knight, Pepper as Rescue, redeemed Proxima Midnight, the buxom waitress from Avengers, zombie Peggy and at least two new heroines, if not more.

There's no reason they cannot make a wholly new team separate from the comics. The MCU is its own thing now. Make its own, unique stamp.

Exactly. The ''that wasn't in the comics'' thing needs to go away.

How can anyone look at all those nice ladies and not feel compelled to give them their own movie? It's impossible.

Im extremely happy to see the roster of powerful ladies expanding in the MCU
But I cant get on board with the idea, the double standard is too much
Making somethin “all women” isn’t equality, making women equally meaningful and important and making the split closer to 50/50 is much closer to that ideal
Its like they never heard of “seperate but equal” and why thats a BAD thing

Did they come out and say there would be no men in it?

I'm confused at what you're trying to get across here.

You’re exaggerating my point, im sure there will be some men in the movie, just not on the TEAM... but regardless, it feels like self-segregation when id rather see full and equal integration

Im extremely happy to see the roster of powerful ladies expanding in the MCU
But I cant get on board with the idea, the double standard is too much
Making somethin “all women” isn’t equality, making women equally meaningful and important and making the split closer to 50/50 is much closer to that ideal
Its like they never heard of “seperate but equal” and why thats a BAD thing

Tell you what, how about we have one token man on the team. Like The Avengers and Justice League has one woman each.

By the way, were you as concerned for 50/50 gender balance for the two movies mentioned above? How about the fact that the majority of heroes are male? I'm sure you were very concerned.

Last edited:
Of course they should all be in the movie, along with Shuri, Agent 13, the S.H.I.E.L.D. ladies, Jessica Jones, Colleen Wing, Misty Knight, Pepper as Rescue, redeemed Proxima Midnight, the buxom waitress from Avengers, zombie Peggy and at least two new heroines, if not more.

But what would be the point of this? Suddenly all characters are women and even tv characters are suddenly gonna cross over. I am all for female Avengers or A-Force, but not every single female MCU character needs to be in it.

Abudefduf was joking. Did you not catch that at ''the buxom waitress from Avengers, zombie Peggy''...

By the way, were you as concerned for 50/50 gender balance for the two movies mentioned above? How about the fact that the majority of heroes are male? I'm sure you were very concerned.

I actually was quite disappointed at the imbalance
So ill ignore the sarcasm and say, yes, you are in fact correct

Last edited:
X-MEN solves MCU gender problem.

Females of all nationalities and races.

Storm should lead this team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members