WandaVision Teyonah Paris is Monica Rambeau

I was watching the movie "Dear White People" last night and I noticed that the two main females (Teyonah and Tessa Thompson) are in the MCU and I am enjoying Tessa as Valkyrie.

Excited to see Monica interact with other Avengers in the MCU.
I like it when I see something like that a bit late and then realise what’s happened since. :up:

Or as someone else mentioned on this forum.....

Monica's blank X-ray could be the result of her just coming back from being snapped by Thanos.

Being snapped happened to literally half of the planet. It would make zero dramatic sense to have her superpowers derive from a universal backstory event, as opposed to the big dramatic reality distorting encounter that is the actual focus of the show, and which was effectively given three episodes worth of coverage in a nine episode show.

Being snapped happened to literally half of the planet. It would make zero dramatic sense to have her superpowers derive from a universal backstory event, as opposed to the big dramatic reality distorting encounter that is the actual focus of the show, and which was effectively given three episodes worth of coverage in a nine episode show.

Yeah I doubt it too.

John Campea is only speculating but says in his review that:

Monica's x-ray results don't mean she has powers. It could mean she has health issues. He's still insistent on Monica getting her powers in CM2.

Aside from the different skin tones, heh.

The skin tone thing stuck out to me too when Akira Akbar was cast as young Monica in Captain Marvel. At the time, my two top choices for adult Monica were Nicole Beharie and Teyonah (I was thrilled when she was cast, as I rarely get my pick for a character). But, I didn't necessarily see Akira (who did a wonderful job) growing up to look like Teyonah...maybe Nicole, but not necessarily Teyonah.

(As a sidenote, I thought Akira and Sonequa Martin-Green may have been a match, though: )

76-F80-F34-3199-45-A9-B8-A2-67-C7-D9542822.jpg

That said, again, I am thrilled that Teyonah landed the role, and she has been outstanding! She really was the ideal choice in every way.

B22567-CA-58-BD-43-C5-A27-A-FEF897-F6-FF99.jpg

I'm glad Sonequa Martin-Green wasn't Monica Rambeau. She's insufferable enough on Star Trek Discovery. Don't need to see more of her here.

Teyonah is better than her in every way: better actress, better personality, better looking etc.

I'm pretty sure about the only thing that registers is that it seems popular to bash -Martin-Green to you and your... Unique take on female and male beauty standards.

Martin-Green was best known for her role in the Walking Dead and now Star Trek Discovery. Teyonah was a name a lot us knew from Dear White People, Chi-Raq, Survivor's Remorse, If Beale Street Could Talk, Empire and Man Men. Being in the MCU though is a whole different thing. If the character that an actor in the MCU is playing hits and hits big, becoming a fan favorite it will be the role most people know the actor from, no matter what else that actor does. When the Pandemic ends, Teyonah is going to feel the love from the fans of the MCU, not just in America, but worldwide as well and she's going to notice it too on the red carpet for CM2 and while promoting the movie.

Teyonah was a name a lot us knew from Dear White People, Chi-Raq, Survivor's Remorse, If Beale Street Could Talk, Empire and Man Men.

As opposed to what Ah- nold calls "girly men." :o

Yesssss!! Loved seeing her finally develop powers! She’s going to be such a handy avenger soon. Love seeing Photon in action

I'm waiting until she figures out her powers. That'll be kickass.

I am waiting for her interactions with other Avengers. That will be fun

Aside from the different skin tones, heh.
american
I'm about 4 shades darker as african-american adult compared to my youth. There's absolutely nothing abnormal a person going from the complexion as a kid to an adult. I would actually push further back on that as I don't know many people that are the exact same complexion from baby to child to adult.

Martin-Green was best known for her role in the Walking Dead and now Star Trek Discovery. Teyonah was a name a lot us knew from Dear White People, Chi-Raq, Survivor's Remorse, If Beale Street Could Talk, Empire and Man Men. Being in the MCU though is a whole different thing. If the character that an actor in the MCU is playing hits and hits big, becoming a fan favorite it will be the role most people know the actor from, no matter what else that actor does. When the Pandemic ends, Teyonah is going to feel the love from the fans of the MCU, not just in America, but worldwide as well and she's going to notice it too on the red carpet for CM2 and while promoting the movie.
Agreed! The actress even says that being on stage (can't remember if it was D23 or Comic-con) and being introduced to the public was one of the best moments in her life. She wasn't even known then, so like u say, wait till she can really be embraced. And its not just cuz she's a Marvel character I think the love she gets will also be in recognition of her doing such an amazing job in the role!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"