The Force Awakens TFA Out On Blu-Ray April 5th, 2016

yeah, it's still entirely possible that Luke had a daughter ( and was aware of it ), but for whatever reason, kept her secret and hidden, even from the Solos.

yeah, it's still entirely possible that Luke had a daughter ( and was aware of it ), but for whatever reason, kept her secret and hidden, even from the Solos.
He saw Kylo's crazy eyes. :o

He saw Kylo's crazy eyes. :o

it was that one SW Xmas night, when Uncle Luke gave young Ben a PS4 Slim instead of the PS4 Pro, and Ben went all ape **** and Force trashed the tree and holiday decorations.

It was then that Luke knew Ben would be trouble, and Luke decided not to divulge to the Solos that he, too, had a child ( and that he had given his daughter the PS4 Pro instead ).

:o

Hell, Luke could have a daughter that even he isn't aware of. He wouldn't be the first man to have a child and not know about it. That could create quite the reveal if both Luke and Rey find out at the same time that they are father and daughter. It could be a powerful poignant moment.

This.

I think the main "Episode" movies should have be the story of the Skywalkers, Anakin the Chosen One in the first trilogy, his children in the second trilogy, and his grandchildren in this trilogy. With Rey shaping up to be the Anakin and Luke of this trilogy, it makes sense she be of Skywalker blood (being Luke's daughter the most logical). Perhaps Rey's mother left Luke for whatever reason, not telling him she was pregnant. Perhaps the mother is the mystery? Perhaps she is a descendant of Kenobi?

I still think Rey should be a Skywalker and not try to make a twist for the sake of having a twist.

This.

I think the main "Episode" movies should have be the story of the Skywalkers, Anakin the Chosen One in the first trilogy, his children in the second trilogy, and his grandchildren in this trilogy. With Rey shaping up to be the Anakin and Luke of this trilogy, it makes sense she be of Skywalker blood (being Luke's daughter the most logical). Perhaps Rey's mother left Luke for whatever reason, not telling him she was pregnant. Perhaps the mother is the mystery? Perhaps she is a descendant of Kenobi?

I still think Rey should be a Skywalker and not try to make a twist for the sake of having a twist.

I agree.

plus, if Rey's not part of the Skywalker family, then that makes some things in TFA a little too "convenient" and bordering on "mary sue" territory.

Rey just "happens" to grow up on a desert planet just like Anakin and Luke and she just "happens" to grow up not knowing her true, full family, just like Anakin and Luke.

Rey just "happens" to be a gifted mechanic and pilot, just like Anakin, Luke, and Han.

Rey just "happens" to "inherit" or come into possession of the blue saber that belonged to both Anakin and Luke, as well as the Falcon, and Chewie and R2 by the end of the film.

Oh, and Rey just "happens" to be extremely gifted with the Force, just like Anakin and Luke.

all of that just sounds awfully convenient and too similar to Anakin and Luke if she turns out to be a new, totally unrelated protagonist.

if she's not related, why make her so similar to Luke and Anakin, why not make her more unique with a different skillset? For example, she's a tough, natural fighter but sucks at piloting and isn't mechanically inclined.

Last edited:
it was that one SW Xmas night, when Uncle Luke gave young Ben a PS4 Slim instead of the PS4 Pro, and Ben went all ape **** and Force trashed the tree and holiday decorations.

It was then that Luke knew Ben would be trouble, and Luke decided not to divulge to the Solos that he, too, had a child ( and that he had given his daughter the PS4 Pro instead ).

:o
:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"