Sequels Thanos casting....

Thanos

Sidekick
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should put this thread in the Avengers section or the Guardians section so, mods, feel free to move to the appropriate one.

Preferably, I would like to see an actual actor instead of CGI and my requirements would have the actor be at least 6'4" with a deep voice.

Anyway, who would you like to see cast as Thanos?

Deep voice you say?

KevinGrevioux.jpg

Kevin Grevioux.

I guess he's the most known from the two first Underworld movies but he has a link to Marvel as he was the voice of Terrax in EMH. Apparently he's a fan of Thor and Hulk in comics as well.

Keith David would be good. He has plenty of experience doing both live action and voice over.

I would have said Idris Elba, but, then I realized he is Heimdall.

I would have said Idris Elba, but, then I realized he is Heimdall.

I don't think there has been a more over-fan casted actor than Idris Elba.

The answer to this thread is simple: Laurence Fishburne.

I wasn't sure if I should put this thread in the Avengers section or the Guardians section so, mods, feel free to move to the appropriate one.

Preferably, I would like to see an actual actor instead of CGI and my requirements would have the actor be at least 6'4" with a deep voice.

Anyway, who would you like to see cast as Thanos?

Why not the same actor who played him in THE AVENGERS? No cgi there!

Mjölnir;25935363 said:
Kevin Grevioux.

I guess he's the most known from the two first Underworld movies but he has a link to Marvel as he was the voice of Terrax in EMH. Apparently he's a fan of Thor and Hulk in comics as well.

Kevin is great. He was also seen as the third eyed alien in MIB2 and was heavily featured in 2001's PLANTE OF THE APES.

I think he would make a great Blastarr or Absorbing Man, too.

Depends on whether he actually has a speaking part or not. Presuming he does have a speaking part in GotG, use the same guy. If not, you can keep the stunt man.

Which is to say, its not very important, because Thanos almost certainly won't be the main villain. :p

Depends on whether he actually has a speaking part or not. Presuming he does have a speaking part in GotG, use the same guy. If not, you can keep the stunt man.

Which is to say, its not very important, because Thanos almost certainly won't be the main villain. :p

When you say "use the same guy" are you speaking of the guy who played him in the Avengers?

When you say "keep the stunt man" are you speaking of the guy who played him in the Avengers?

Isn't Damion Poitier both those guys?

I guess I wouldn't mind Damion Poitier playing the part again, assuming he has a deep enough voice.

When you say "use the same guy" are you speaking of the guy who played him in the Avengers?

When you say "keep the stunt man" are you speaking of the guy who played him in the Avengers?

Isn't Damion Poitier both those guys?

What I mean is, if you cast an actor to play him in GotG, use the same guy in Avengers 2, even if its just a bit part. If he still doesn't have an actual actor as of Avengers 2, though? Then if its just a bit part where he grins on a throne, stick with Poitier.

I guess I wouldn't mind Damion Poitier playing the part again, assuming he has a deep enough voice.

It's not just his voice I'm worried about. I want to see his acting abilities on full display. I personally don't watch True Blood, and that seems to be the only show/movie where he has a full chance to show his abilities.

And even if he can't handle the vocals and everything, no reason he can't just be the physical presence and have someone else as the voice, like they did with Doug Jones and Laurence Fishburne (only better) in FF2.

It's not just his voice I'm worried about. I want to see his acting abilities on full display. I personally don't watch True Blood, and that seems to be the only show/movie where he has a full chance to show his abilities.

And even if he can't handle the vocals and everything, no reason he can't just be the physical presence and have someone else as the voice, like they did with Doug Jones and Laurence Fishburne (only better) in FF2.

The sad part is Doug sounded almost exactly like that when shooting the film - its like Fishburne was doing an impersonation of him.

At least GdT let Doug do his own talking in HB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"