That 90’s Show | Netflix

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2021/10/that-7...twood-smith-debra-jo-rupp-netflix-1234852870/

Netflix has given a formal series green light to That ’90s Show, a followup to Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner’s hit That ’70s Show. Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp will anchor the spinoff, reprising their roles as Red Forman and Kitty Forman, respectively. They will executive produce That ’90s Show alongside its creators, That ’70s Show alum Gregg Mettler, who serves as showrunner, Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner and their daughter Lindsay Turner.

Set in Wisconsin in 1995, That ’90s Show follows Leia Forman, daughter of Eric (Topher Grace) and Donna (Laura Prepon), who is visiting her grandparents for the summer where she bonds with a new generation of Point Place kids under the watchful eye of Kitty and the stern glare of Red. Sex, drugs and rock ’n roll never dies, it just changes clothes.

There are currently no deals in place with other That ’70s cast members for the new series but the expectations is that a number of them, including Grace, Prepon and Ashton Kutcher, will make guest appearances, reprising their roles.

Picked up for 10 episodes, That ’90s Show also is executive produced by Marcy Carsey and Tom Werner under The Carsey-Werner Company which produced That ’70s Showand its offshoot That ’80s Show.

Oh god Kurtwood Smith is still alive?!

Yeah, I last saw him in Amazon's 'Patriot' (incredibly underrated show btw)

I doubt they will want to bring any attention to that.

So long as Jackie and Fez is retconned out of existence. :o

I shouldn't be surprised at this. Everything old is new again. It'll likely turn out better than That 80's Show at any rate.

Excited about it. I'm sure the rest of the cast (minus Hyde) will appear here and there too. Especially Topher.

I’m curious to see what kind of a grandfather Red will be. He doted on Laurie, but this is Eric’s kid. Will she just be Dumbass Jr. as far as Red is concerned?

I’m curious to see what kind of a grandfather Red will be. He doted on Laurie, but this is Eric’s kid. Will she just be Dumbass Jr. as far as Red is concerned?
would honestly love it if he's still Red to everyone else, but has a total soft spot for his granddaughter

Considering they’re probably continuing the tradition, I wonder which guest stars they’ll have in this show?

She almost certainly has more Stranger Things ahead of her, but I feel like Sadie Sink wouldn’t be bad casting for Eric and Donna’s kid.

Considering it has been 15 years since That 70s Show ended and it was 1980 in the finale, I assume this new series will be set sometime in the mid-90s. Maybe between 1994-1997?

I think it’s pretty clever that Eric named his daughter Leia :hehe:

She almost certainly has more Stranger Things ahead of her, but I feel like Sadie Sink wouldn’t be bad casting for Eric and Donna’s kid.
Unless they want her tall like her mom.

Considering it has been 15 years since That 70s Show ended and it was 1980 in the finale, I assume this new series will be set sometime in the mid-90s. Maybe between 1994-1997?

I think it’s pretty clever that Eric named his daughter Leia :hehe:
The description says 1995. And if they want her to be in the same age range as Eric and co. when the original show started, I’m gonna have to guess Eric knocked Donna up real quick after coming home from Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"