Homecoming That was a good first step (CW Spoilers)

I like when audience is mostly silent. Find it as sign of culture. Personally find it annoying if audience is chit chating during movies or comments specific scene or they type on cellphones. It's rude as hell. It takes me out from the film. If you want chit chat watch it home on blu-ray. Laughing at specific joke or moment in movie is completely different thing.

As I was saying until Queens scene happened audience was dead silent and you basically felt audience mood going up after it. And when Spidey shows up on airport first time you here cheers and laughs on his jokes during his scenes. It was great. When credits role and post credit scene happens "Spider-Man will return" everyone who stayed for post-credit started clapping wanting for more.

I watched both ASM and ASM2 in cinema. Nothing similar happened so, I'll say it was special

Last edited:
I don't want them talking, but I do like them reacting when appropriate. Funny moments or badass moments are better when the audience sees it.

I'm still hoping Watts and crew can keep Hollands Spidey intruiging and funny for the solo like Russos and his crew did.

...But, then, the words "Spider-Man will return" appeared on screen and the audience let out a groan. I heard one person say "Screw it, I'll probably still see it," but I definitely got a palpable sense that people are still sick of Spider-Man solo films. I wasn't sure I could believe it since his role in Civil War was so great, but I wonder, do you think that was enough to make things better or does Marvel still have their work cut out for them in the advertising campaign for his solo film?
I wouldn't say this is necessarily a sign that people are sick of Spider-Man solo films... but, more at movies using after credit scenes as teaser trailers for other movies, and/or stating the obvious... it can get to the point of being almost condescending to the audience

just saying

Ohhh! Imma guess why he hates it

1. It's obvious they'll return if they are successful characters
2. An uneccessary addition to the film
3. Getting repetitive and/or feels lazy
4. He thinks there's a better way they can tease the characters return than just "Thor Will Return"
5. He just doesn't like it, simple as that, no explanation. Sometimes people don't like things.

Strikes me as more a callback to the James Bond movies, which used to do that, than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"