World The 1975-79 Lynda Carter Wonder Woman TV series appreciation thread

image.jpg

gallery-1522838307-lynda-carter-star-walk-of-fame.jpg

What happened there? Did she take a fall and injure her hip?

Yes....that's why she is laughing so hard and everyone is rushing over to help her up.

I think the film was a lot like Season 1 of the show, focusing on the war side and there's even some similar themes (the writer Allan Heinberg is a fan and when he wrote the Wonder Woman comics he adapted a lot of stuff from the show).

And I think the second film will also be similar to the 2nd/3rd seasons of the show in relation to the Cold War/Spy stuff setting (which was also similar to the comics in the late 70s/early 80s). This was what Heinberg mostly incorporated in his run on the Wonder Woman book, with the DMA, while also referencing the 60s spy Wonder Woman.

I hope there's at least a nod to the IADC and/or the IRAC computer, which would be appropriate for the setting.

dHQ7DGk.gif

I think the film was a lot like Season 1 of the show, focusing on the war side and there's even some similar themes (the writer Allan Heinberg is a fan and when he wrote the Wonder Woman comics he adapted a lot of stuff from the show).

And I think the second film will also be similar to the 2nd/3rd seasons of the show in relation to the Cold War/Spy stuff setting (which was also similar to the comics in the late 70s/early 80s). This was what Heinberg mostly incorporated in his run on the Wonder Woman book, with the DMA, while also referencing the 60s spy Wonder Woman.

I hope there's at least a nod to the IADC and/or the IRAC computer, which would be appropriate for the setting.

dHQ7DGk.gif

Is that GIF from the WW TV series?

Christopher Reeve and Lynda Carter (in the back) in the same photo!
thanks to capedwonder.com for the rare photo

QmQk3iA.jpg

Last edited:

Is that simply a drawing or did they trace over a photograph of Lynda, or perhaps use some software to make a photo turn into a drawing? I've seen some of these types of pictures before, and I'm not too sure what they've done. If I look at simply the body and rest of the image, it looks like a normal drawing, but then the face looks like they might've used special software to make a photo like a comic sketch.

Who is this Superman meant to be? It doesn't quite look like Christopher Reeve. But it isn't really George Reeves either.

Who is this Superman meant to be? It doesn't quite look like Christopher Reeve. But it isn't really George Reeves either.
It's George.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"