The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

I'm soooooooooooooo proud of my Canadians. 6-1 against the the hurricanes! In their faces!

Eric Draven said:
bad place yeah, Oilers victory! :cool:

Great job by Edmonton.

Also Tampa looks like they're not ready to die yet.

# WFAN in New York reports that the Rangers will start Kevin Weekes against the Devils in Game 2.

# Flyers forward R.J. Umberger was skating Monday morning and is 'expected' to play. Coach Ken Hitchcock says Umberger has yet to receive medical clearance to play, even though Unberger says he's ready to go. If Umberger is not cleared, then Branko Radivojevic will be his replacement. Forward Ben Eager will take the place of Donald Brashear on the line with Mike Richards and Brian Savage.

# Senators defenceman Wade Redden will fly to Tampa Monday night and play Tuesday against the Lightning in Game 2.

whoooo go sharks..thats how u win games

Martin Brodeur is still the King.

2 Goals in 2 playoff games.

Anyway NJ is whipping on NY & I hope it continues.

:)

I have that feeling that the Devils are going to sweep the Rangers....

But what about that Buffalo-Flyers game. 8-2 for Buffalo :eek:

Eric Draven said:

The Rangers are imploding. They just had a great start to the season that left them with a nice cushion in the standings. Eshe stands on his head on Saturday and tonight loses it in his head.

Detroit..infact i was at game 1..damn that was a close one

Eric Draven said:

The Flyers looked like they all got old in a hurry, old & slow .

Buffalo looks legitmately scary.

As for sweeping the Rangers, as a Devils fan I would love nothing more than NJ sweeping those guys on their home ice.

Colorado just tied it up. Why is there little to no coverage of the playoffs on television? It pisses me off. OLN sucks... and the only other station that seems to carry the games is NBC. Where did ESPN go? Just NBA now? Ugh.

It all depends on Jagr. Without him, Rangers probably won't stand a chance.

And I agree that Buffalo looks scary. They could actually be one of the contenders in the East. Who would've thought of that in the beginning of the season?

Slipknot said:
Colorado just tied it up. Why is there little to no coverage of the playoffs on television? It pisses me off. OLN sucks... and the only other station that seems to carry the games is NBC. Where did ESPN go? Just NBA now? Ugh.

Sadly, I think they value NBA (or any other sport) coverage over NHL coverage :(

At least you didn't have any fiascos like CBC had the first day of the playoffs....****ing switching to the Flames game right when the Oilers were in the midst of overtime :mad:

Eric Draven said:
I don't think they have any chance against New Jersey... even with Jagr.
Eric Draven said:
Sadly, I think they value NBA (or any other sport) coverage over NHL coverage :(
Yeah... it sucks. I hate OLN... all their broadcasts seem so shoddy. NBC is fine... but there is usually only one game on and it always comes during the afternoon from like 1-4pm... and on Saturdays or Sundays.
Eric Draven said:
At least you didn't have any fiascos like CBC had the first day of the playoffs....****ing switching to the Flames game right when the Oilers were in the midst of overtime :mad:
Wow... that really sucks. That reminds me of some football games that get switched due to all this legal **** even if it s an amazing game in overtime... could be the best game of the year and they will change it if your game comes on which has to be shown in your region of the country.

does every one get cbc?

i get it cuz i'm close to canada..well i used to have it until i got dish, but my work still has it

is it an american channel too? or is that something my tv picks up cuz i'm in metro detroit..i remember i had TBN..which was like a chicgago channel and i always used to watch bulls games when espn didnt have them

Eric Draven said:

And I agree that Buffalo looks scary. They could actually be one of the contenders in the East. Who would've thought of that in the beginning of the season?

I think if Jagr plays NJ can shut him down.

The Devils are pretty good at containing star players.

Their peak was in 2001 when they shut out both Jagr & Lemieux in the playoffs.

This team isn't in that class but they do have one thing in common.

Marty Brodeur
3 Cups
2 Gold Medals
2 Vezinas
& a partridge in a pear tree ;)

Hopefully the Devils don't get overconfident,.

Assassin said:
does every one get cbc?

i get it cuz i'm close to canada..well i used to have it until i got dish, but my work still has it

is it an american channel too? or is that something my tv picks up cuz i'm in metro detroit..i remember i had TBN..which was like a chicgago channel and i always used to watch bulls games when espn didnt have them
Hmph. I don't get CBC. I wish I did. I get WGN a Chicago station which shows Cubs, White Sox, and occasionally Blackhawk games. I don't know why I have WGN... but I do. That is probably the only odd station I get outside of the New England area.

Assassin said:
does every one get cbc?

I don't have cbc.

I don't even watch OLN that much.

Devils games are usually on Fox sports new york.

Slipknot said:
Hmph. I don't get CBC. I wish I did. I get WGN a Chicago station which shows Cubs, White Sox, and occasionally Blackhawk games. I don't know why I have WGN... but I do. That is probably the only odd station I get outside of the New England area.

thats what it was called..WGN thanks

CBC is sweet, when i was like 13 or 14 and curious, i used to swich to that cuz they show nudity ;)

Assassin said:
i used to swich to that cuz they show nudity ;)

I don't know would anyone want to see Don Cherry nude.:eek:

cherry.jpg

dont you means warlords nephew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"