The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

xcan28 said:
And on the "yeah no.." where does it say they played in the West??? I assume you are a hab fan so continue to....continue:)

The Yeah No was that they weren't the last winners of the Norris Divison. They never even won the Norris Division once. They've only been first overall or won their division 9 times since 1917. And once since they last won the Cup (1967), back in 1999-2000.

Hhmm.... lets see the Atlantic Division and Northeast Division were in the Eastern Conference so I guess the Central Division would be in the Eastern Conference as well. Which would just leave the Pacific Division to make up the Western Conference. How long have you been a Leaf fan? It has been less than ten years since the Leafs were in the Western Conference. Check the link, you'll find the exact same text. It said the Leafs moved from the Central to the Northeast. Did you even look at the entire page?

The NHL's Central Division was formed in 1993 as part of the Western Conference in a league realignment.
1993-1996

* Chicago Blackhawks
* Dallas Stars
* Detroit Red Wings
* St. Louis Blues
* Toronto Maple Leafs
* Winnipeg Jets

"I'm getting tired of the 25 percent rule," said Lightning coach John Tortorella, who plans to start backup Sean Burke in Game 5. "It's deflating."

Well the goaltending is going to need a change next season and they might have a new coach too.

cmon sharks...take it to these whiny freaks...go sharks

Wow Foppa looked downright scary last night. As for today, c'mon Dev's.

I know its the Strangers & they suck but as a Devils fan I feel pretty good about our chances of winning the cup again.

Even in my Thrashers fandom, I feel ok about Jersey too.

Eric Draven said:
I love Chris Pronger.....

In a non-gay way of course....:o

See you totally overestimated Detroit, they're old & slow.

They've been tanking in the playoffs for the past couple of years.

Pksoze said:
See you totally overestimated Detroit, they're old & slow.

They've been tanking in the playoffs for the past couple of years.

I totally underestimated the play of the Oilers as well. I never thought that Roloson would ever play this good, particularly after the shaky performances he had in the regular season. :(

But I've become a believer :)

Eric Draven said:
I totally underestimated the play of the Oilers as well. I never thought that Roloson would ever play this good, particularly after the shaky performances he had in the regular season. :(

I go to Hockey Hall of Fame Boards & lurk.

Anyway half the threads are Brodeur is overrated or Devils are done. NJ was mediocre through most of the regular season but got hot.

While the Rangers were the wunderkinds of NY with a gold medal winning goalie & the best player in Jagr.

Now look at Brodeur 1.00 gaa in 4 games I believe.

NJ outscored NY 17-4 in 4 games.

The key point = regular season is overrated.

You get in the playoffs you have a chance to win.

Eastern Conference

(1) Ottawa (52-21-9, 113 pts) vs.
(8) Tampa Bay (43-33-6, 92 pts)

Ottawa Wins Series 4-1
Game 1: Friday, April 21st Tampa Bay 1 Ottawa 4
Game 2: Sunday, April 23rd Tampa Bay 4 Ottawa 3
Game 3: Tuesday, April 25th Ottawa 8 Tampa Bay 4
Game 4: Thursday, April 27th Ottawa 5 Tampa Bay 2
Game 5: Saturday, April 29th Tampa Bay 2 Ottawa 3

(3) New Jersey (46-27-9, 101 pts) vs.
(6) NY Rangers (44-26-12, 100 pts)

New Jersey Wins Series 4-0

Game 1: Saturday, April 22nd NY Rangers 2 New Jersey 6
Game 2: Monday, April 24th NY Rangers 1 New Jersey 4
Game 3: Wednesday, April 26th New Jersey 3 NY Rangers 0
Game 4: Saturday, April 29th New Jersey 4 NY Rangers 2

Eric Draven said:

Go back to page 1...

I have the Red Wings in 7 games.

I knew the Oilers would give them a hard time.

Truthfully though, while my Flames blood will always make me hate the Oilers, I do hope they win against Detroit.

:)

Pksoze said:
I go to Hockey Hall of Fame Boards & lurk.

Anyway half the threads are Brodeur is overrated or Devils are done. NJ was mediocre through most of the regular season but got hot.

While the Rangers were the wunderkinds of NY with a gold medal winning goalie & the best player in Jagr.

Now look at Brodeur 1.00 gaa in 4 games I believe.

NJ outscored NY 17-4 in 4 games.

The key point = regular season is overrated.

You get in the playoffs you have a chance to win.
Not for nothing but is Patrick Elias under rated or what? IMO if he had played a few more games this year, we would be talking about him for the Hart. He does so much more than just put points on the board and just has great value in all zones.

Zilleraut #66 said:
Not for nothing but is Patrick Elias under rated or what? IMO if he had played a few more games this year, we would be talking about him for the Hart. He does so much more than just put points on the board and just has great value in all zones.

Si, give me Elias over Jagr any day.

I was watching the Stars/Avalanche game and the damn broadcast of that game was horrible. Does anyone else agree? It was NBC and it was terrible. It looked all pixilated and was just poor quality. It was worse than an OLN broadcast. It's definitely not my television or even the station in general because they showed the Flyers/Sabres game and it looked fine. It was just the damn game in Dallas that sucked quality wise. Good game though.

Themanofbat said:
Go back to page 1...

I have the Red Wings in 7 games.

I knew the Oilers would give them a hard time.

Truthfully though, while my Flames blood will always make me hate the Oilers, I do hope they win against Detroit.

:)

Well, I kinda want to see the Flames beat the Ducks as well just so we can maybe see an Oilers-Flames series next round :) :(

Pksoze said:
Si, give me Elias over Jagr any day.
Yup (and I'm a huge Pens fan) Elias has a great attitude too. Its good to see him finally getting his due.

Slipknot said:
I was watching the Stars/Avalanche game and the damn broadcast of that game was horrible. Does anyone else agree? It was NBC and it was terrible. It looked all pixilated and was just poor quality. It was worse than an OLN broadcast. It's definitely not my television or even the station in general because they showed the Flyers/Sabres game and it looked fine. It was just the damn game in Dallas that sucked quality wise. Good game though.

It looked ok to me, but I really have bad eyesite as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"