The 2010 Emmy Awards - 8/29 on NBC

Steve Carrell is not funny...he's annoying. He's tries too hard to be Jim Carrey and fails miserably at it.
You seem to hate his characters...not the man...

...So wished Sofia and Christina would win...

I mean we all were eager to know, but the show was always about the characters.
At times, perhaps, but seasons 3 to 5 especially where very much plot-driven. Claiming it was always about the characters just doesn't work for me.

And, in general, I'm always annoyed when writers can't be bothered to actually plan.

Yeah, when you build the show up with so many mysteries is not that far fetched to think people watching I don't know, might want to know what's up. People didn't start watching LOST because of the characters, they watched because they wanted to know what the **** was up. You watch Friday Night Lights for the characters.

So...I discovered I really like The Middle.
I think that's the name of it...I stumbled onto it during a vacation. Not sure what network it's on...ABC?

Though having brought this up, it makes me think what an amazing night this was for AMC. Between Mad Men and Breaking Bad, they all but sweeped the board in the Drama categories. Not bad for a channel that just a few years ago was only known for airing old movies, a channel that Christina Hendricks' agency dropped her for associating with when she joined the cast of Mad Men.

AMC is the new HBO. Well, except that there's no sex and nudity. :o

So...I discovered I really like The Middle.
I think that's the name of it...I stumbled onto it during a vacation. Not sure what network it's on...ABC?

The Middle is another great show. :up:

The Middle is another great show. :up:

It was interesting how they wrote out Neil Flynn from Scrubs after The Middle got picked up.

And Ed O'Neil in an Emmy Winning Show? I'd never thought that would ever happen.

I feel like Curb got screwed too...

Did anyone else catch Tom Selleck's complete dismissal of Jimmy Fallon last night?

:lmao:

Can't wait for clips. I must have missed it since there were alot of gags.

I liked Fallon's joke about sending a Late night host out to LA to host a show

cut to Conan

:lmao:

Steve Carrell is not funny...he's annoying. He's tries too hard to be Jim Carrey and fails miserably at it.

He praises Parsons and trashes Carrell? Blasphemy.

The difference between Carrell and what you describe is that

1) Carrell's character, not Carrell himself is "trying to hard to be Jim Carrey and failing miserably at it." The fact that you do not see the distinction show's that Steve is doing his job well.

2) Carrell has shown in film and TV that he is capable of doing characters with emotional depth well.

i have seen every single episode of mad men.

and i cannot understand how it won best drama this year. breaking bad's season 3...maybe one of the best seasons of tv ever.

at least breaking bad took home the much deserved acting awards.

I wonder if Tom Hanks and Conan O'Brien hung out last night and if Hanks led a crowd chant of Coco.

Having been reminded of Conan O'brien's 2006 Emmy opening I remember that "LOST" was also shut out that year

[YT]o67XXwVrts4[/YT]

For those that missed the 2010 opening

[YT]WPkDFPmRSqU[/YT]

i have seen every single episode of mad men.

and i cannot understand how it won best drama this year. breaking bad's season 3...maybe one of the best seasons of tv ever.

at least breaking bad took home the much deserved acting awards.

Yeah last season of Mad Men was pretty terrible.

Are you guys kidding me? Season 3 of Mad Men was one of the best!

Yeah, the best at being terrible. It was by far the weakest of the show.

It had the most emotion. The acting was really great that season.

Yeah, Season 3 of Mad Men was great, and had some of the best episodes the show's ever had.

The increased focus on the dissolution of Don's home life took the focus a bit away from many of the office characters, but it was still a great season - the finale was arguably the best episode of the show.

All this talk of only dramas makes me yearn for the classic sitcoms getting nominated, the ones taped in front of a live audience but when you got Two And A Half Men going in it's 100th season what else can you expect.

All this talk of only dramas makes me yearn for the classic sitcoms getting nominated, the ones taped in front of a live audience but when you got Two And A Half Men going in it's 100th season what else can you expect.

You Americans may have the best drama right now, but I think the UK has the best comedy. The Thick of It was better than any of the comedies nominated, but alas didn't make it onto the shortlist due to not being on enough American viewers' radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"