The 2011 Primtetime Emmy Awards

I love Guy Pearce so much. Didn't see Mildred Pierce (meant to, just forgot it was on), but I'm sure he deserved it. :up:

ahh boo. Should have been Friday Night Lights

Well, Mad Men finally won something. And Christina's looking good as usual.

It's obvious that Modern Family is the outstanding comedy series so why even bother

Oh, Fox.... stop acting like X Factor isn't just American Idol. :o

Modern Family deserves it. It is so consistently funny for me every week.

Yeah they deserve. It's one of if not the funniest show on tv right now

I cant argue with this very much. Modern Family is pretty funny. But I do wish Parks and Rec had won something.

I think Amy Poehler should have won for Parks and Rec. although if Steve Carrell wasn't going to win than she wasn't either.

Look the fact is Parsons won last year and odds are he's probably going to get another before Big Bang Theory is over. Carell who's been nominated five years in a row, never won an award, and was his final season should have won. Parsons has an award and has another chance to win Carell doesn't.

An award should never be given to a nominee just because it is their final opportunity to win it. Not saying it hasn't happened, though.

My reaction to the Emmys....like every year...."Well, okay."

I thought Boardwalk Empire or Game of Thrones should have won Best Drama, but I'm happy for Mad Men. I'm glad Peter Dinklage won Best Supporting Actor in a Drama and was surprised that the guy from Friday Night Lights won and am glad that show (finally) was recognized.

Not much to say on comedy. Modern Family was the best of those nominees and deserved its win....because shows like Community, Louie, Archer and Curb Your Enthusiasm are ignored every year for the safer fare. Glee was great in season 1, but Paltrow was all it deserved for season 2.

The decorum of the show was pretty dull. I like Jane Lynch, but the writing fell flat the whole night, IMO and not just for her, but all the presenters. But Lonely Island gave it a nice needed kick.

....Oh and lastly, Jon Stewart now nine years in a row?! I love Conan and Colbert, but it is always well deserved.

Well I thought Carell should have won because he had a better performance than Parsons. Parsons plays the same character with the same emotions every episode. Carell plays the same character with different emotions every episode.

To me, he's in the same annoying class as Will Ferrell and Jack Black. I can't stand any of them.

I can understand Black and Carrell. But Will Ferrell? That man is hilarious and has a lot of range not a lot of people know about (watch Melinda/Melinda, Anchorman, Stranger than Fiction and The Producers all in a few weeks to see how good he is). Granted he's made a lot of stupid comedies like The Other Guys and Blades of Glory and more. But all comedians make an overabundance of generic mediocrity.

Back to Carrell, I liked his early career. The Daily Show, Anchorman, The 40-Year Old Virgin, The Office (at the beginning), and Little Miss Sunshine were all great. Then he became a megastar and he kept doing the same shtick on The Office over and over again. Date Night was average to me and Dinner for Schmucks was mind-blowingly awful. In fact I don't think he's done a good movie in years. So, I see where you're coming from.

P.S. I cannot stand Jim Parsons. To be fair, it may ot be his fault. TBBT, like all Chuck Lorre sitcoms, is the definition of repetitive mediocrity, in my opinion.

Good to see Kyle Chandler win an Emmy, I have liked him since Early Edition.

The Emmys always means the start of Hollywood's Awards Season.

Sooo glad that Kyle Chandler won an Emmy. He really deserved it. I wish FNL won best drama series too but I guess we can't have everything. Sad to see Steve Carell getting the shaft once again. I like Parsons but Carell really deserved that Emmy, IMO. Modern Family sweeping everything was great. Ty getting Best Supporting Actor was awesome. He's definitely my favorite actor on the show. Lastly, even though I wished FNL won best series, I was happy Mad Men got it. They really deserved it for the last season. Season 4 was one of the best of the series.

I can understand Black and Carrell. But Will Ferrell? That man is hilarious and has a lot of range not a lot of people know about (watch Melinda/Melinda, Anchorman, Stranger than Fiction and The Producers all in a few weeks to see how good he is). Granted he's made a lot of stupid comedies like The Other Guys and Blades of Glory and more. But all comedians make an overabundance of generic mediocrity.

Back to Carrell, I liked his early career. The Daily Show, Anchorman, The 40-Year Old Virgin, The Office (at the beginning), and Little Miss Sunshine were all great. Then he became a megastar and he kept doing the same shtick on The Office over and over again. Date Night was average to me and Dinner for Schmucks was mind-blowingly awful. In fact I don't think he's done a good movie in years. So, I see where you're coming from.

P.S. I cannot stand Jim Parsons. To be fair, it may ot be his fault. TBBT, like all Chuck Lorre sitcoms, is the definition of repetitive mediocrity, in my opinion.

Stupid, Crazy, Love was a real return to form for Carrell as far as movies go.

Also, The Other Guys wasn't bad. Ferrell played against type and it worked well.

Stupid, Crazy, Love was a real return to form for Carrell as far as movies go.

Also, The Other Guys wasn't bad. Ferrell played against type and it worked well.

I need to see SCL. The Other Guys was okay. But I thought Sam Jackson and The Rock's cameos in the first 10 minutes stole the whole movie. The rest was okay, but felt like a more action-heavy collaboration in a long slew of them between Ferrell and Adam McKay--Anchorman, Talledaga Nights and Step Brothers--and their weakest, I thought. It did BOFFO and helped Ferrell out after the disaster and bomb that was Land of the Lost, but it wasn't my favorite.

I'm not saying that the movie as a whole was fantastic. I just think that aside from a couple of scenes, Ferrell toned it down quite a bit and played against type (he played the straight man rather than the fall guy) and did it well.

Not much to say on comedy. Modern Family was the best of those nominees and deserved its win....because shows like Community, Louie, Archer and Curb Your Enthusiasm are ignored every year for the safer fare. Glee was great in season 1, but Paltrow was all it deserved for season 2.
I'd pick Modern Family over the less "safe" shows. But you're still right.

Archer should have been nominated for (and maybe won) the Best Animated Program award. Futurama was the only nominee as good as it. The episodes of The Simpsons and South Park picked as nominees weren't great and The Cleveland Show and Robot Chicken are both terrible.

Louie should have been nominated for Best Comedy Series over Glee. I don't think Curb Your Enthusiasm had a season in the time period that the Emmys covered.

Speaking of Glee, Dot Jones deserved the guest actress award way more than Gwyneth Paltrow. But the Emmys always pick the most famous guest stars, presumably to compel other famous movie stars to do TV shows.

As much as I like The Big Bang Theory, Parsons over Carrell gets a :down.

Ferrell was great and against type in Everything Must Go. Carrell was good in both Dan in Real Life and Crazy Stupid Love. They are both capable of depth, and Carrell actually demonstrated that many times on The Office, which is part of the reason I felt he deserving of at least one Emmy for it.

I must have missed out on Justified, because I had never heard of Margo Martindale until tonight.

When you've got 4 actors of the same show being nominated in the same category there surely must be something wrong with TV shows today, what no room for the Situation getting a nomination?

Remember when your parents and teachers would say how TV is mindless entertainment? that's been true for the last 10 years.

I'll just change the channel to TVLand for some good TV shows.

What, did someone piss in your corn flakes or something? :o

And, TV Land? Have fun watching Retired at 35 and Hot in Cleveland....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"