The 2011 SuperheroHype! Awards Ceremony

announcemento.png

In case anyone missed last night's ceremony here is a recap of the 2011 SuperHeroHype Award Winners!

Hype-Time Achievement: C. Lee and Dew K. Mosi
Moderator of the Year: Marx and Hunter Rider (TIE)
Newbie of the Year: Ultra Lantern
It Boy: THE MR TERRIFIC
It Girl: twylight
Best Rivalry: Batboards vs. Logic, Reason, and Sanity
Best Pair: Colossal Spoons and AndThePickles
Banned Member of the Year: BlackLantern
Dick of the Year: S.A.A.D.
Thread of the Year: Describe a Hypester with a GIF!
Community Poster of the Year: Superferret and Anubis (TIE)
Sports Poster of the Year: Immortalfire
Politics Poster of the Year: Marx
TV Poster of the Year: Prison Mike
Games Poster of the Year: KALEL114
Comics Poster of the Year: TheCorpulent1
Misc. Movies Poster of the Year: Doctor Jones
Superhero Forum Poster of the Year: RealIronMan
Best Artist: Harls
Best Writer: Keyser Soze
Smartest: Anita18
Most Helpful: Kane52630​

i smell a conspiracy lol

Well...despite my inbox hating me horribly right now...I do keep all of the returned ballot PMs in my inbox for a couple of weeks following the awards as a promise of transparency. The elves and I have nothing to hide. :up:

I'm late to the ceremony but congrats to all the winners.

Also , great job on putting this together Marx

Congrats to all the winners and to Marx on how he put this all together. :up: Also, thanks to everyone who voted for me, threepeating Mod of the year is much appreciated. :)

I would also like to give a big shout out to Marx. Marx, you and your creepy elves did an amazing job again. I hope you continue to do this in the future and I thank you for all of your hard work. :up:

:bow:

Thank you guys. It's a lot of work but it's fun to put together. It was a little easier this year because the elves were familiar with the whole process after doing it last year. :oldrazz:

Why don't the elves blink?....WHY DON'T THE ELVES BLINK????

...they're hyped up on candy canes and pure sugarcane this time of year. I believe Morg said they're "high". :hehe:

*wakes up completely Hung over.*

Why is Ultra Lantern out cold on the floor? Why is there a tranny in my bed and a tiger in the bathroom?

ANUBIS!!!! :argh:

*takes Ultra Lantern's trophy and leaves*

Last edited:
announcemento.png

All of the "Hype Award Winners" social group invites and trophy avvys have now been sent out to respective winners. If you won your category in last night's Awards Ceremony and did not receive either of these things from me, please contact me!

It Girl: twylight​

Wow, thanks guys :hrt: It's a surprise to be sure!

I'd like to take this opportunity, and this cyber stage to say that, I think we can all agree; the :meow: smilie needs to return. OH, and all the rules should be in one place on the forums :yay:

A big congratulations :fhm: to all the winners!

Special congrats to these guys:

Community Poster of the Year: Superferret and Anubis (TIE)
Comics Poster of the Year: TheCorpulent1
Best Artist: Harls
Best Writer: Keyser Soze
Most Helpful: Kane52630​

Some are more of my friends than others, but I'm still super proud and honored for you. :fhm:

:O I am so shocked! Thank you guys! And congrats to all the other winners too! ♥

The next award is for the male hypester who is one of the most well known males on the Hype!

Ladies and gentlemen, the award for 'It Boy' of the Year goes to...

THE MR. TERRIFIC!!!
itboy.png

Congratulations! :applaud

maskreallylove3.png

The next award is for the hypester who is a great story teller. Someone who is always well written and actively particpates in the Hype's various writing challenges and contests.

Ladies and gentlemen, the award for 'Best Writer' goes to...

KEYSER SOZE!

writerh.png

Wow, thanks for this award, guys! I'm actively trying to pursue a career in writing at the moment (you can check out the website for my first comic, The Standard, at thestandardcomic.com! *COFFCOFFcheaplplugCOFF*), and I give a whole lot of credit to the RPGs in the Hype Basement for helping me develop as a storyteller. The fellow denizens of that Basement have become over time my friends, several of whom I've been fortunate enough to meet in person. The Hype remains my absolute favorite online community, and has been now for nearly a decade. And it's nice to see that, as much as I appreciate all the hours upon hours of conversation and debate you've given me over the years, you guys also appreciate what I've given in return. I'll try to live up to the award by being even more verbose and long-winded in my posts in the future. Thank you all, and have a Happy New Year!

*wakes up completely Hung over.*

Why is Ultra Lantern out cold on the floor? Why is there a tranny in my bed and a tiger in the bathroom?

ANUBIS!!!! :argh:

*takes Ultra Lantern's trophy and leaves*
*waking up* How did I get in Parker Wayne's room? Where's my trophy?

Congratulations Doctor Jones!

Wow, thanks a lot man. I was afraid with college and all it decreased my doings in that section and the Hype in general, so I honestly didn't expect this. Thanks to all who voted!

tumblr_lojwovF9iw1qzbl7f.gif

WELLL DONE EVERYONE! Now let's get stinking drunk by ourselves on our laptops crying about our sad, empty lives...

Thanks everyone for voting for me. I've been out of the country for the last 2 1/2 weeks so I didn't even know I was nominated! Thanks again!

The next award is for the hypester who is a great artist. Someone who is always wowing us with their drawings and artwork.

Ladies and gentlemen, the award for 'Best Artist' goes to...

HARLS!

artistzv.png

How did I not know my girlfriend is on these forums? o_O I need to get out of the Batman boards more often.

Really, the DC Boards Lounge lost again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"