The 2012 Emmy Awards - 9/23 @ 8/7c on ABC

Jon Cryer won for best actor in a comedy series?

sEcQ0.gif

Damian Lewis was fantastic in the first season of Homeland. So his win over Cranston doesn't bother me much.
I'm going to use this GIF for many years to come.

I bet Sarah Michelle Gellar and the rest of the Buffy alumni wished they sucked up to Danny Strong back in the day.

There was a lot of good tv this year though.
That's true. I've heard really good things about Homeland and Breaking Bad along with Boardwalk Empire so you're right the competition was intense.

Homeland winning doesn't seem that surprising considering they almost swept all of their other categories. I found Breaking Bad more enjoyable but this is still a great choice.

Danes was a no-brainer but I'm happy that Damian Lewis won Best Actor, he's a highly gifted actor ever since BoB and I was happy when he landed the role in this and fast forward to the present with him nabbing an Emmy feels fantastic, and face it, Cranston won already three times, Crawl Space was fantastic no doubt but this is a time where I'm happy for someone else to (even though it's a shame Hamm still haven 0) win.

surprised breaking bad got the shaft. one of the greatest shows ever and it still doesn't have an emmy.

cranston not winning for crawl space...wow. didn't think it was possible.

Is anyone else kind of over Modern Family? Don't get me wrong, it's still a funny show, but seeing as how there are several shows that are better written, better acted and all around funnier, that get barely (if any) attention while MF sweeps the award shows just kind of bugs me.

With Homeland having such a big night more people will start to check it out as some of you have already said.

it's ****ing disgrace that Breaking Bad still hasnt won a Emmy for best Drama. Slowly it reminds me of The Wire getting overlooked everytime...

Is anyone else kind of over Modern Family? Don't get me wrong, it's still a funny show, but seeing as how there are several shows that are better written, better acted and all around funnier, that get barely (if any) attention while MF sweeps the award shows just kind of bugs me.
I completely agree. I still love the show and it does deserve some Emmy love but sweeping three years in a row is too much especially when you have shows like Community, Happy Endings, Wilfred, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on tv.

it's ****ing disgrace that Breaking Bad still hasnt won a Emmy for best Drama. Slowly it reminds me of The Wire getting overlooked everytime...

Breaking Bad has more editing nominations than all the nominations The Wire ever got (two). At least Breaking Bad has been nominated and won awards every season it has been on. Thought they had it this year for Outstanding Drama but Homeland kept on winning so it put it in doubt.

We all win because their is quality dramas out there to catch up on.

And we can be happy that thanks to The Office, 30 Rock and Modern Family, Two and a Half Men has never won Outstanding Comedy.

I'd have to look but it may be a tossup between Mad Men season one and Homeland season one as being the drama with the smallest audience to ever win Outstanding Drama. Good on Showtime to join HBO and AMC as the only cable channels to have a series win.

Last edited:
If he's actually gay, are we allowed to give him back?

I'm no Cryer fan, but wouldn't you rather give back someone like Perez Hilton? :o

Not that we want him either, mind you, but still...

Breaking Bad has more editing nominations than all the nominations The Wire ever got (two). At least Breaking Bad has been nominated and won awards every season it has been on. Thought they had it this year for Outstanding Drama but Homeland kept on winning so it put it in doubt.

I know that BB has more nominations than The Wire, but not winning "Best Drama" since the show aired, is a ****ing disgrace without a doubt. BB has been named the Best Drama show since The Wire and the Sopranos and i just cant understand why this show gets overlooked in this category.

Homeland winning in the major categories is a joke. I mean, seriously...Claire Danes is fine, she deserved it but the rest of the Emmys? No...

Last edited:
I know that BB has more nominations than The Wire, but not winning "Best Drama" since the show aired, is a ****ing disgrace without a doubt. BB has been names the Best Drama show since The Wire and the Sopranos and i just cant understand why this show gets overlooked in this category.

Homeland winning in the major categories is a joke. I mean, seriously...Claire Danes is fine, she deserved it but the rest of the Emmys? No...

At least it's up against worthy shows, I'm a fan of all the drama shows nominated but I'd say MM and BB is in an entire different league and considering MM already has 4 I'd be happy if BB wins at least one time but Homeland just had a really good first season and sometimes that's just enough for it to win.

I'm really happy for Homeland and all its wins. Danes was a sure thing but I honestly didn't expect Lewis to win but I'm absolutely thrilled that he did. Glad that Louis CK didn't go home empty handed but dammit, he should have won for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series over Cryer.

Well, I guess it's finally time I got around to watching Homeland. I'm not mad about Cranston losing. He's gotten 3 for this role already, which is more than a lot of people have gotten for giving us great, iconic TV characters (Michael C. Hall, Jon Hamm, Steve Carell, etc). Though losing for "Crawl Space" is pretty damn shocking.

Wait...."Jonathan" from Buffy for an Emmy? "Jonathan" as in short guy, as in 1/3 is the evil trio?

What the hell for? The last thing I saw him in was as a priest on how I met your mother.

Sucks about breaking bad. Oh well, at least award shows don't matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"