The 2012 Presidential Debates: Vice-Presidential Debate

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
We are just days away from the second debate of the 2012 election cycle! It should be very interesting to see Vice-President Biden debating Congressman Paul Ryan.

The Vice-Presidential debate takes place on October 11th at 9pm at the Centre College in Danville, Kentucky. It will focus on foreign and domestic policy and will be moderated by Martha Raddatz of ABC News.

Will you be watching?

This debate stands to be the best of the bunch, I expect both guys to be in attack mode

I expect Ryan to pull this one off. Joe Biden is no Dick Cheney to cut off the bleeding created by a poor performance by his boss and Biden is kind of a boob.

I expect Ryan to pull this one off. Joe Biden is no Dick Cheney to cut off the bleeding created by a poor performance by his boss and Biden is kind of a boob.

All Biden has to do is start calling Ryan out on the Romney tax plan or other inconsistencies in the Romney agenda. He doesn't have to worry like the president how good/bad he comes off in terms of personality(being mean/angry, etc). I actually think going by the 2008 Democrat primaries Biden is a much better debater then Obama.

All Biden has to do is start calling Ryan out on the Romney tax plan or other inconsistencies in the Romney agenda. He doesn't have to worry like the president how good/bad he comes off in terms of personality(being mean/angry, etc). I actually think going by the 2008 Democrat primaries Biden is a much better debater then Obama.
Yeah, Biden is a better debater than Obama, but Biden has a huge problem with putting his foot in his mouth....a lot. And Ryan is a very intelligent person as well.

Yeah, Biden is a better debater than Obama, but Biden has a huge problem with putting his foot in his mouth....a lot. And Ryan is a very intelligent person as well.

I won't watch this one either, but I am sure after this debate it's 2-0 Republicans.

If Romney wins another debate...oh my...could Romney win?

I almost want to see Romney win, and if I wasn't a supporter of Johnson, maybe I'd vote for Romney because you know, I don't like being unemployed. Paper routes don't count. However Romney = war with Iran, which means Johnson FTW.

As I said the job of both guys is to attack eachother guys(ie Romney and Obama) plans, which is why it will be a bad place of alot more entertaining.

My biggest fear about the debate more then Biden putting his foot in his mouth is it will be more an attack on Ryan then Romney which in my mind is a losing strategy. I assume the Demcorat preppers have to know they have to argue on current arguement and not bring up what Ryan did in 2010. For any attack on Ryan's previous stances, you need at least 5 on Romney/Ryans current policy ideas.

At this point Clint Eastwood's chair is a better debater than Obama.

Biden may not be the most articulate debater, but he does at least bring a fight.

Whether you agree with Ryan or not, he is very articulate, and savvy when it comes to Economic issues....Biden isn't...but he is so damn fun to watch. I can't wait...

Whether you agree with Ryan or not, he is very articulate, and savvy when it comes to Economic issues.

Something in the past month and a half made him lose some of that articulacy and if he tries to give politician kind of answers he will be made to look like a fool.

Something in the past month and a half made him lose some of that articulacy and if he tries to give politician kind of answers he will be made to look like a fool.

Though I don't necessarily agree with some of his policies, I don't think they go far enough.....

I disagree with your opinion....:yay:

I disagree with your opinion....:yay:

[YT]ayLOB-xcYIs[/YT]

If I am Biden I tell Ryan he has all the time in the world to explain it now to a national audience(I wave my chance to speak so you can explain it)

[YT]ayLOB-xcYIs[/YT]

Yeah, kinda goes along with....."We have to pass it, to see what's in it"...

He is an Economy Geek, he could go through the numbers, and most STILL would not understand what he was saying....

These people would have no clue what Ryan was talking about, EVEN IF.... he talked the numbers...

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=90119&sitesection=theblaze&VID=23834113

I actually don't think ANY OF THE NUMBERS OF EITHER SIDE add up.....at all.

Employment numbers taken from phone calls, rather than payroll information is hilarious at best...

BUT, I do believe that Ryan knows more about the economy than the other three put together, I just don't agree with his plan...as I said, it doesn't go far enough in cuts.

BUT, I do believe that Ryan knows more about the economy than the other three put together, I just don't agree with his plan...as I said, it doesn't go far enough in cuts.

Well he is Republican, it would be against God's will to cut Defense. And if one truly wanted to cut the deficit chances are you will have to raise taxes. Without looking at those 2 things it's hard to take anybody seriously that they want to reduce the deficit.

By the way speaking of defense spending

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

1 United States 711.0
2 China 143.0
3 Russia 80.7
4 United Kingdom 62.7
5 France 62.5
6 Japan 59.3
7 Saudi Arabia 48.2
8 India 46.8
9 Germany 46.7
10 Brazil 35.4
11 Italy 34.5
12 South Korea 30.8
13 Australia 26.7
14 Canada 24.7
15 Turkey 17.9

USA 711B Countries 2-15 719.9B

The US could reduce defense spending to 150B(a savings of over 550B) and still be #1

Last edited:
I am more interested in this debate. Never seen Ryan debate before, and you can never go wrong with Biden. At least he is more entertaining than Obama.

Personally I wouldn't count Biden out. He's gotten a reputation as a goof since, but I remember ppl on these boards calling him grandpa badass after his rumble with Palin. Then again, Ryan, while lacking her charisma, is a lot smarter than Palin. I think Ryan will come off as the aggressor, but Biden will hold his own fairly well. Plus Biden should be far less afraid to attack Ryan on things Obama was afraid to attack Romney over, and probably had a fire lit under him by the Obama campaign to do well. My guess is this one will be close to a tie, and the winner will be based person to person on party line. Though I doubt the VP debates change anything. The worst that can happen is Ryan revive the Ryan plan debacle by defending it, or Biden appear inept and ramble...neith of which will decide the election. Though it could provide a few fun soundbites.

Personally, I want Ryan to lose big. I'd feel the same if he was a Dem, Libertarian, Green, or any other party. It's just like last election, as down as I was on McCain, and am on Romney, I like Palin, and Ryan far less. Aside from definitely not being a fan of what little political record Ryan has, nor liking his biggest "achievement" the Ryan plan, I find him smug, and hypocritical (which I know most politicians are). It's just that his thing is cutting entitlements, but he lived on, and went to college because of social security. It may be petty, but I'd like to see him knocked down a peg, and gain some humility

Well he is Republican, it would be against God's will to cut Defense. And if one truly wanted to cut the deficit chances are you will have to raise taxes. Without looking at those 2 things it's hard to take anybody seriously that they want to reduce the deficit.

1 United States 711.0
2 China 143.0
3 Russia 80.7
4 United Kingdom 62.7
5 France 62.5
6 Japan 59.3
7 Saudi Arabia 48.2
8 India 46.8
9 Germany 46.7
10 Brazil 35.4
11 Italy 34.5
12 South Korea 30.8
13 Australia 26.7
14 Canada 24.7
15 Turkey 17.9

The US could reduce defense spending to 150B(a savings of over 550B) and still be #1

I say cut 10% across the board, INCLUDING defense....as I have said before if the leadership in these agencies cannot find ways to continue after a 10% cut, then they need to be fired, and we need to do a major audit of all agencies, and weed out any overlaps, duplications, etc.....OH WAIT A MINUTE, YEAH, Obama said he would do that in his SOTU address, and he never did.....hmmm...... Put us back at Clinton's tax rate, OR...even go with Ryan's 10% on the low end, and 25% on the high end of incomes....I have no problem with that either.

Obama currently has spent more in defense than even Bush. Our defense spending continues to rise, and has become a political holy grail you can't touch. Which is probably why so few brought up Romney's attack on Obama about cutting defense spending. It's like you're considered unpatriotic if you even look at defense spending wrong.

Despite the bloated budget though, these last few years taught us us single Seal teams, supporting rebellions from afar, and drone strikes can accomplish more than sending in entire armies like in Iraq, and Afghanistan. We can cut our defense budget by 50%, and still easily be #1 in defense spending still. With time, and technology changing we just have to be smart about where we put our money. Like someone else said on here, do we really need more nukes, ect.

I'll be interested in seeing if Biden can be more assertive versus Ryan.

It will be entertaining.....and the quotable night of the year...

1 United States 711.0
2 China 143.0
3 Russia 80.7
4 United Kingdom 62.7
5 France 62.5
6 Japan 59.3
7 Saudi Arabia 48.2
8 India 46.8
9 Germany 46.7
10 Brazil 35.4
11 Italy 34.5
12 South Korea 30.8
13 Australia 26.7
14 Canada 24.7
15 Turkey 17.9

This reminds of Eisenhower's farewell address warning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gahL5j4ack

I'm looking forward to this far more than any of the presidential debates. Biden may suffer from foot-in-mouth disease from time to time but he is a great debater in my opinion. I loved his debate performance during the primary season in 2008 and if he actually stood a chance (or for that matter stayed on the primary ballot long enough to make it to California) I would have voted for him in a second. My favorite quote from any debates that entire year was his Guiliani 9/11 comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"