The 2012 Republican National Convention

MSNBC cut away and didn't air any of the black or Latino speakers...no joke. And they have the nerve to cry racism every week from old turds like Al Sharpton.

It should be pointed out Fox also didn't show them as well. lol

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-falsely-accused-of-purposely-omitting-minority-republican-speeches/

Both networks aired the speeches by NH Senator Kelly Ayotte, Ohio Governor John Kasich, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, Ann Romney, and NJ Gov. Chris Christie.

But for minority speakers, here’s a handy guide to how the rival networks broke down coverage:

Mia Love: MNSBC was in commercial; Fox aired Shepard Smith‘s coverage of Hurricane Isaac from New Orleans.

Brian Sandoval: MSNBC aired hurricane coverage; Fox’s Sean Hannity interviewed Rep. Eric Cantor.

Ted Cruz: MSNBC cut to panel analysis of the convention; Fox went to commercial and returned with a Scott Walker interview.

Artur Davis: MSNBC aired panel discussion, mentioned his speech 5 minutes in, but didn’t air it; Fox aired the entirety of the speech.

Nikki Haley: both MSNBC and Fox News aired the speech.

Lucé Vela Fortuño: MSNBC aired more roundtable discussion; Fox News cut away to discussion by Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly.

So with the exception of former Rep. Davis, MSNBC did not omit any speeches that Fox News did not also omit.

I should add Nevada Republican Governor Brian Sandoval, is one of the 2 evil Governors who are taking work requirements out of Welfare according to the Republican party and Mitt Romney, talk about hypocrites having a guy speak at their convention that they are strongly against

Last edited:
If you don't want to miss most of the speeches, just watch PBS since they cover nearly everything happening on-stage, except for when they go to their panel or do an interview. They've always seemed to do a much better job at covering conventions since they're not beholden to advertisers and pompous pundits.

I watched Artur Davis speak on Fox. Why would MSNBC not air Davis...then cry racism about the Republican party when they don't show any minorities speak?

That was my point. Neither are going to show all the speakers at either convention.

Last edited:
I watched Artur Davis speak on Fox. Why would MSNBC not air Davis...then cry racism about the Republican party.

Why didn't Fox air all those other people. It's obvious neither side found them important enough. It's a pretty weak cry that OMG MSNBC ignores all minorites(well besides Nikki Haley, and I assume we will see Condy Rice and Rubio) but FOX aired an speech by 1 more guy but ignored the same group of people yet somehow MSNBC is evil

Why didn't Fox air all those other people. It's obvious neither side found them important enough

Fox isn't the one crying racism. It wouldn't matter if racism wasn't a card MSNBC tries to use. You can't air all the speakers as some of them are boring as ****.

Fox isn't the one crying racism. It wouldn't matter if racism wasn't a card MSNBC tries to use. You can't air all the speakers as some of them are boring as ****.

So if FOX news shows 1 less speech at the Democratic convention then MSNBC does should I find a reason to complain about that

Here I will spell it out for you:

MSNBC - "The GOP and Fox News are racist."
...doesn't air any minority speakers.

This point nothing to do with Fox News so I don't know why you thought you could drag them in. Fox isn't the one claiming racism so it doesn't matter who they aired in relation to my point. It only shows hypocrisy on the side of MSNBC.

If you can't see that then lets move on.

Here I will spell it out for you:

MSNBC - "The GOP and Fox News are racist."
...doesn't air any minority speakers.

This point nothing to do with Fox News so I don't know why you thought you could drag them in. Fox isn't the one claiming racism so it doesn't matter who they aired in relation to my point. It only shows hypocrisy on the side of MSNBC.

If you can't see that then lets move on.

But your basically saying that MSNBC should show stuff that a pro Republican network choose not to show. I just don't see the logic in that argument. Their is obviously a reason why both networks didn't feel the need to show all those guys I mentioned, so to call one on it just doesn't work.

But your basically saying that MSNBC should show stuff that a pro Republican network choose not to show. I just don't see the logic in that argument. Their is obviously a reason why both networks didn't feel the need to show all those guys I mentioned, so to call one on it just doesn't work.
He's just saying that MSNBC always seems to pull the race card, even if it has no applicability to whatever just happened.

He's just saying that MSNBC always seems to pull the race card, even if it has no applicability to whatever just happened.

I think that's a fair argument about pulling the race card a bit to much at times, that being said I do think the Republicans at times play on racial scare tactics at times or use some "buzzwords" that could have racial impliations when it comes to some issues. I think the big problem playing the race card to often is you sort of dilute the argument when it's legitimate.

All that being said when you say it has no applicability to the situation at hand, I see some on the right calling out MSNBC for doing what other networks did in the same light in that vein. Both networks felt he need to put on the bigger names who would gather them attention. this idea that MSNBC on purpose blocked out minorities who were for the most part secondary players is ridiculous. As I pointed out they shown Nikki Haley and will most likely show other big names such as Rubio and Rice who are minorities.

Last edited:
I think that's a fair argument about pulling the race card a bit to much at times, that being said I do think the Republicans at times play on racial scare tactics at times or use some "buzzwords" that could have racial impliations when it comes to some issues. I think the big problem playing the race card to often is you sort of dilute the argument when it's legitimate.

All that being said when you say it has no applicability to the situation at hand, I see some on the right calling out MSNBC for doing what other networks did in the same light in that vein. Both networks felt he need to put on the bigger names who would gather them attention. this idea that MSNBC on purpose blocked out minorities who were for the most part secondary players is ridiculous. As I pointed out they shown Nikki Haley and will most likely show other big names such as Rubio and Rice who are minorities.
With so many people speaking yesterday, both networks were just bound to miss plenty of speakers.

With so many people speaking yesterday, both networks were just bound to miss plenty of speakers.

It's sort of funny, I think the Republicans 20-40 years ago didn't mind the "they hate black people" comments coming from the media/critics, but once the numbers start hurting to them, they take offense to it. If they were that offended by them, maybe they should have fought back at them during the 70s and 80s instead of letting the comments stick with the party and that be a imagine people associate with the party for years to come.

On a personal note I don't believe the Republicans don't care about minorities, I just think they don't care much about poor people. It just so happens that latinos or black have a higher rate of poor people then white people. All that being said I see the Republican party being equally open to rich white or black or blue or purple people.

What does everyone think about the criticism that Christie's been getting?

I think that speech could have used way more Romney. I mean, that's the point of the convention, isn't it? To sell the American people on Romney?

I'll say this too, I think Ann Romney continues to be the best voice for the campaign. I thought she gave a great speech. There was a bit of a stretch in trying to connect with working moms, but aside from that...I thought she did as good a job as she could to humanize Romney.

To humanize Romney? Does he need to be humanized?

Romney is largely seen as unlikeable, elitist, and incredibly out of touch.

Romney is largely seen as unlikeable, elitist, and incredibly out of touch.

I don't see him that way. I just think he doesn't have a backbone and will pander to whoever will help him win(which is why he comes off stiff and uncomfortable). I am guessing if Mitt Romney ran on what he truly believes in he would probably get more moderate support on both sides while pissing off the radicals in his party, but that's not what he choose(and for argument sake if he did that he might not have won the Republican Primary).

As for the subject of the Convention, nothing against McCain, he seems like a nice guy, but his hawkish war pandering is a huge turnoff.

Last edited:
I don't see him that way. I just think he doesn't have a backbone and will pander to whoever will help him win(which is why he comes off stiff and uncomfortable). I am guessing if Mitt Romney ran on what he truly believes in he would probably get more moderate support on both sides while pissing off the radicals in his party, but that's not what he choose(and for argument sake if he did that he might not have won the Republican Primary).

As for the subject of the Convention, nothing against McCain, he seems like a nice guy, but his hawkish war pandering is a huge turnoff.
It's not about not having a backbone. It's about winning, period. Romney was a big time corporate raider, he doesn't care about looking bad, or good, or wishy-washy. All of this, "not a true believer, secret moderate, vacant facade" stuff is way off base.

He knows exactly what he's doing.

Last edited:

No...I didn't basically say anything like that. I said that a network that thinks the other side doesn't give a voice to minorities because they are racist didn't give a voice to minorities last night. It's not complicated. It's really simple. A criticizes B for not doing X. A doesn't do X. That's it, nothing more. If I say you love to kick puppies and you are a horrible person, I can't then go kick puppies and then come back later and call you a puppy kicker again. It has nothing to do with why you chose to kick puppies.

No...I didn't basically say anything like that. I said that a network that thinks the other side doesn't give a voice to minorities because they are racist didn't give a voice to minorities last night. It's not complicated. It's really simple. A criticizes B for not doing X. A doesn't do X. That's it, nothing more. If I say you love to kick puppies and you are a horrible person, I can't then go kick puppies and then come back later and call you a puppy kicker again. It has nothing to do with why you chose to kick puppies.

As I said Haley, Rice and Rubio are all minorities, if one of those "big 3" don't get shown I will agree with you, but when 1 network does what another network does you are faulting a network for doing the exact same thing as the other. I guess one could claim both are racists is what you are saying, but that being said should i find some similar tread among all the people MSNBC doesn't show tonight and call them out on that(even if Fox news is just as guilty)?

As for puppy kicking, if i kick puppies and you kick puppies, yes you could say I was a puppy kicker

:huh:

Of course you can. Being a hypocrite doesn't mean you're wrong.

So if I say you are an awful human being for kicking puppies, and then I go and kick a puppy...that isn't hypocrisy? GOT IT. Glad we cleared that up.

Of course it's hypocrisy. I just said it was. What are you reading?

So if I say you are an awful human being for kicking puppies, and then I go and kick a puppy...that isn't hypocrisy? GOT IT. Glad we cleared that up.

If you think MSNBC and FOX should show every single speech that is your choice, but as you said earlier most of them are boring(which is the most likely reason why so many have been ignored the past couple days by the second fiddlers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"