The 2015 Hype Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by ComicChick, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Reek _____

It was worth it. A lively change for a usually boring Monday night...

The Hype Awards beat Supergirl in ratings. Fun fact the host neglected to mention.

I'd like to thank everyone for voting for best rivalry. It was a well deserved award that I was striving for. Years of hard work came down to this moment. I was even banned for said rivalry, this moment makes it all worth it.

A word of advice for people who dream of winning this award... Just go to the casting thread and follow your heart.

I'd also like to thank Superwoman Prime for the mass amounts of PM's she sent out to solidify our rivalry, and therefore, our win.

Then Krypton and Batman had to come screw it all up.

New rivalry, indeed.

#326 Reek, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I like how I could win the rivalry award with someone I have gone out of my way to avoid usually. Look... The Batman and I are oil and water so the times we have clashed are actually fewer than most would think. It's just that when we do interact... We don't like each other's style, tone or content let's just say.

3. Kane52630 TELEVISION RULES THE NATION

[​IMG]

What did I miss?

4. Sawyer High King

If the 2016 Hype Rivalry award isn't given to "Sawyer vs. Everyone else, including Sawyer", then I have failed. :o

5. Reek _____

I went out of my way as well... Prime and I haven't said a word to each other since we got banned... at least I havent said a word to her. Somehow, that resulted in her final post where I was the only name brought up :o

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I know that feeling, I just make a point of becoming a shut-in for certain stretches outside of work instead of making plans to go out, because A.) I value alone time and B.) It's cheaper, lol. So whenever I'm low on funds, by gosh it's time to find a new show! ;)

7. Reek _____

Fully agree.

8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Well... If you truly love something you set it free...

:o

9. Sawyer High King

Gurl, bye.

10. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Am I hearing an Ultimate Nullifier being warmed up?

11. ComicChick I Work Too Much

you must teach me your ways. i'm a shut-in too but now outside of work i have been sleeping. i swear i have slept more this year already than half of last year combined. i dont even think i have a monophasic sleep cycle anymore. when i go to sleep, i sleep 2-5 hours then go to work. when i take a nap, it's usually 3-7 hours :huh: so basically i think i'm on a polyphasic sleep schedule where i sleep in two parts a day rather than one. kinda sucks, but i think my body needs the rest.

i CHERISH my alone time. sometimes i just turn off my phone, no tv, radio, nothing and just have quiet. it's divine

12. ComicChick I Work Too Much

sawyer already used it on one of the times Parker Wayne got banned

13. Reek _____

Hahaha well... this couldn't possibly have been timed better.

14. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well getting enough rest should certainly take precedence over new TV, so you take care of yourself, CC. Personally, I can't do naps, so that helps my habit. Whenever I try to nap, I always go right into deep sleep and feel miserable when my alarm goes off. So I just don't do it.

But yes, alone time is divine, isn't it. :up:

15. KillerWolf Possibly partially drunk

Sorry I'm late... again... I rarely visit community section and I tend to get lost in these neck of the woods.

Anyway, I want to thank to everyone who voted and congrats to everyone who won. I apologize for missing it out, seems like it was quite a fun, thanks to ComicChick. Good job to her. :up:

Again, thanks and congrats to everyone. I'll keep this short, as last thing anyone wants is for me to get into one of those long speeches... you know, the ones that never seem to end. I mean, they do tend to get tedious, don't they? They just keep going on and on and on.... and it's not like there's really much to be said... and another thing...

[​IMG]

Oh, it's already too late, isn't it?

16. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

Glad that dude stannis won the It Boy, Roose Bolton won the Smartest Poster, Snow Queen is one of two It Girl winners, Sawyer finally won the achievement award, and more.

With all the ties this year, I'm more disappointed Comic Poster wasn't one, I really wanted to have a tie with KRYPTON INC. on that one.
    And I was hoping to win Most Helpful this year, just to break the mold of it being exclusive to Kane52630 and Hunter Rider.
    Hugs.
    I hope your breath doesn't smell whiskey.
    :O

FINALLY.

17. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

Oh... uh... i... um...... GAHH!! *squeals in excitement*

Um... where do i begin...i'll retrace my steps this jolly mornin... It all started after i woke up and had my breakfast, went on the internet, checked the BvS boards seeing if there's any stuff i missed, then i found out the awards happened last night in my slumber, and i won!!

[​IMG]

Ladies and Gentleman, id like to thank you all for this awesome achievement, i am so honored that my daily banter and whiff whaff has caused an echo throughout hype and made my name known, at first i thought id get lost in the shadows, barely making a sound in these oceans, but i buckled myself up and made my presence known to all you beautiful people, if modern science allowed it i would have smashed my face into my monitor and give each and every one of you a big fat kiss from a happy Jokes!

Gee golly, i am bad at speeches but i want to thank those who voted for me out of a slew of awesome people who joined in 2015, i want to thank CC for organizing this awesome event tonight, and lastly i wanna thank all the blues and reds here for putting up with me these last couple of months on hype, for better or for worse. :woot:

*music starts playing*

Finally, thank you awesome people for naming me SuperHeroHype's 2015 Noob of the Year! And congratulations to all the winners of tonight! :jd:

And Wolfie, since you were the winner last year, ill do ye proud in this legacy until a new successor is named next year!

*Reek and Dude walk in on stage to drag me out*

Thank you all!!

18. CaptainWagner Not Today

Waking up, wandering aimlessly onto stage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Realizes I am only one and room, as j3 shuffles out the back door. Only a few raccoons remain...*

[​IMG]

*In the dark grabs unclaimed rewards and runs off, tripping over said raccoons in the process*

19. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

I'm still here, substitute janitor for the night.

20. Reek _____

why does everyone hate raccoons so much?

[​IMG]

I have a family of raccoon that i feed pizza to regularly.

21. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

Cause he's not Groot.
    :oldrazz:

22. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

23. dude stannis Registered

Well done jokes.

[​IMG]

I only found out about this an hour or so ago. This whole thread is a lot of fun but will likely be forgotten in a week, so I'd like to use this as an opportunity thank the following;

Krypton Inc. Your epic smackdowns on philistines who don't know a good Superman movie when it bites them in the ass are glorious. But, more importantly, we both lost our fathers around a very close proximity and back then, you gave me some words I took to heart and still do to this day. It really means a lot to me to have you around and to see you clean up here with awards.

Superwoman Prime. I hope wherever you are, you find the peace and happiness that's been eluding you for far too long.

Flickchick. I know you're still bitter about me whooping your candy ass in the deathmatch, but I don't care. I'm still your buddy whether you want me to be or not. I'm the monkey in your wrench, the fly in your ointment, the pain in your ass and you're stuck with me.

ComicChick. You have the patience of a saint, because I can't imagine anyone other than you being willing to let some of the deranged stunts me and my friends have pulled slide. Much like with Flick, I'm the McClane to your Hans Gruber.

Most importantly of all, Reek, Gia, Roose, Nikkid and the infamous, fearsome and dreaded Hans Van Houten. There's really no words good enough for you guys, so I'll just keep drinking instead. May our shenanigans never end.

Thanks everybody!

As for Roose, he's overrated. spiderman2 should've won 1000 times before Roose was even nominated.

#348 dude stannis, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  24. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

The old man cleaned up last night. This is why the Hype Awards need radical change.

25. ComicChick I Work Too Much

Digging the post-award speeches here :up: