The 2015 Hype Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by ComicChick, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    Oh acceptance speeches....I uh....um....would uh like to uh....[3 minutes of Jeff Goldbluming it later] thank everyone...uh...a lot. *awkwardly shuffles off stage*

:oldrazz:

2. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Witness me!

[​IMG]

First of all, thank you all for your votes. I want to thank C.Lee for telling to me to change my act and me doing the complete opposite of that. I want to thank all da folks on my ignore list for making my hype browsing all more smooth now : Clark-Kent, jokesonm3, kedrell, Kevin Smith, HT, Sam Kaczka, The Batman, Teekay, Johnny-Oh, HUMANIMAL, Four-Face, egg.

Y’all might be thinking right now, “I wonder, did he smoke something before he came out here?” The answer is yes. We’re not going to teach low self esteem and hate to our kids. We’re going to teach our kids that they can be someone. We’re going to teach our kids that they can stand up for themselves. We’re going to teach our kids to believe in themselves. If my grandfather were here right now he would not let me back down. I don’t know what I’m gonna lose after this, I don’t care though, because it’s not about me. It’s about ideas, new ideas, people with ideas, people who believe in truth. And yes, Hnnngh gifs is the unsaid language of love and passion.

Thank you all.

3. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

All I can say is... God bless Hnnngh. God bless every Hnnngh in your life BN.

4. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

I'm honoured, i truly am.

Now i can make fun of you and you won't even know. :o

5. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

Until someone quotes you.

6. The Batman The Dark Knight

I must be the only person that's disappointed that he won.

#356 The Batman, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  7. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

I'm black... So I boycotted it :)

8. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

I won the same award last year, and laughed hard.

9. The Batman The Dark Knight

Personally, I find no pleasure in winning an award with a guy I don't like. Plus, I'm sure there were better rivalries. We were only nominated based off of one argument.

10. Reek _____

that is the best acceptance speech I have ever read.

11. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

The exchange you two had in the 'Best Rivalry' thread cemented this choice in people's minds.
    Wish the two of you were on friendlier terms.

12. The Batman The Dark Knight

That's what I mean. One argument at the right location, and suddenly, we're a contender for best rivalry, let alone a winner? I know these awards are supposed to be light hearted, but even then, that's a stretch to me. We rarely talk to each other, and any time we have, I wasn't the one who initiated the convo. I have no need to talk to people I don't like.

13. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

I forgot about the awards but anyway...congrats to all of the winners. Special shout out to my lil sis Snow Queen on her much deserved, "it girl" win.

I am proud of the best pair win with DarthSkywalker.:yay: SorryNotSorry that we awkwardly take threads off topic with our hardcore flirt fests.

14. Reek _____

You invaded on my win. I don't like you now.

Rivalry 2016.

15. The Batman The Dark Knight

Invaded? If anything, I helped. Without me voting for you, you wouldn't have gotten a tie vote.

You're Welcome. :o

16. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

[YT]PwjfLMa7_3E[/YT]

17. Reek _____

You... You... you sly stupid son of a... I HATE YOU NOW! GAWD. FIGHT BACK COWARD!

...... i don't even recall your rivalry :hehe:

18. Hunter Rider Ronin

I didn't know this was tonight! Congrats to all the winners and thanks for the votes for most helpful poster. :bow: :D

19. Reek _____

You missed some damn good shenanigans.

20. flickchick85 Admin of Might

When it comes to acceptance speeches, I subscribe to the Merritt Wever philosophy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I'm sure I can do better, so here goes nothin': In all seriousness, thanks for the votes everybody. The TV Poster award especially means a lot because the thing that finally motivated me to join the Hype after all those years of lurking was the TV Forums and the desire to chat about my favorite shows with a forum that wasn't cray cray like TWOP (RIP). So I couldn't be happier that the TV Forums here have not only survived throughout the years, but are straight-up thriving these days. Special shout-out to Sawyer, the usual winner of this award, as I'd say he's the guy most responsible for ensuring that's the case.

And as for the Community poster award, this is first and foremost a community, and this community is pretty much my little online home away from home, so of course that one means a great deal to me. Thanks to CC for first suggesting to bring me on board as a Community mod this year, and for giving me a great example to follow. And I couldn't have chosen a better poster to share this award with, as I honestly can't imagine this place without KRYPTON at this point. And I don't want to, so please don't follow in JJJ's footsteps, old man!

Thanks again, and congrats to all the other winners! :up:

21. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'm disappointed that I didn't win the Hypetime Achievement Award for the second time. :down

22. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

And I'm disappointed that I only announced my Burton Batman 3 script after nominations were over for best writer... That would've ensured me a victory!!! :(

23. Kane52630 TELEVISION RULES THE NATION

I believe that this is my first year on the Hype where I didn't win anything.

24. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I would like to thank and voters and SPIDEY for our award, as it is completely down to your votes and her awesomeness. Like Clark, I know who the real star in our relationship is. :yay:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#374 DarthSkywalker, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  25. Spider-Aziz Spelunking

^That gif between Lois & Clark and Superman Returns, is it from Superman Unbound or a different feature?