The 2018 Superhero Movie Olympics (No Spoilers)

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
With 2018 coming to a close very soon we have now had all of the comic book movies that will be released in for this year. With that in mind I thought it would be interesting to see which movies take gold, silver and bronze as people's favourite of the year.

Please don't post any spoilers as people have probably not seen all these movies yet.

(I know there have been quite a few animated movies like Gotham By Gaslight & Batman Ninja but we just be focusing on the big eight)

Lead Role
So many of 2018's Superhero movies have been so much fun that its hard to pick a clear favourite as your lead actor or actress

Chadwick Boseman - Black Panther?
Josh Brolin - Avengers: Infinity War?
Paul Rudd: Ant-Man & The Wasp?
Ryan Reynolds: Deadpool 2?
Holly Hunter: The Incredibles 2?
Tom Hardy: Venom?
Shameik Moore: Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse?
Jason Momoa: Aquaman?

Effects

With heroes and villains having everything from god like abilities, to unimaginable scientific technology to alien powers effects are such a big part of Superhero movies.

Black Panther?
Avengers: Infinity War?
Ant-Man & The Wasp?
Deadpool 2?
The Incredibles 2?
Venom?
Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse?
Aquaman?

Overall

The big one, which one of these do you think should take the title as the absolute best Superhero movie of 2018

Black Panther?
Avengers: Infinity War?
Ant-Man & The Wasp?
Deadpool 2?
The Incredibles 2 ?
Venom?
Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse?
Aquaman?

Please post who you think should finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category and I will tally up the votes to give us our gold, silver and bronze medallists.

I'll bite. A couple notes: I haven't seen Aquaman and Incredibles 2. The second, I can't tell how fair/unfair it is to input Spider-verse in 2 of these categories due to the nature of the medium. For the purposes of the vote, I'm going to rank 4 movies and put Spider-verse's place in parenthesis as where it would stand despite its medium.

Lead Role
1. Ryan Reynolds
2. Tom Hardy
3. (Shameik Moore)
4. Josh Brolin

Effects
1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. (Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse)
3. Aquaman (from the clips that I saw, is this not fair?)
4. Deadpool 2

Overall
1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse
2. Black Panther
3. Avengers: Infinity War

Okay.

Lead role: Brolin as Thanos - making Thanos more than just a cgi effect was always going to be tough but Brolin and the writers pulled it off.

Effects: Infinity War, and it's not close.

Best overall: Infinity War. Having that many characters in any one film without it feeling bloated was a huge achievement. For me the standout bits were RDJ and Cumberbatch and Pratt sharing the stage and still being awesome and funny together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"