The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup (30th May-14th July)

Amazing start by England here. Australia are 14-2 after 6 overs. Both Finch and Warner our.

The Ozzies 3 down now!! 19-3 after 8 overs.

66264383_10156430431960835_7141658421354299392_n.jpg

Sorry for bragging but I'm just over the moon still hahaha

Matt took the selfie while he was fielding vs India earlier this year, lol

India have some up and coming youngsters like Pant and Pandya, your time will come, Tendulkar got one at the end of his career, don't be too hard on Kohli =)
That must have been crazy for you guys. You looked dead and buried! Congrats and hopefully see you in the final.

Smith and Carey started building a decent partnership but then Adil Rashid got 2 wickets in an over to give England the advantage back.

Australia all out for 223. England have to fancy their chances from here. We'll have to see how the pitch plays in the first few overs.

Roy just got 3 consecutive 6s!

Turned out to be a total thrashing in the end! England win by 8 wickets and about 100 balls left (can't remember exactly how many).

I'm not a cricket fan, but even I'm looking forward to the final. Watching the highlights of today's semi - Australia set a reasonable score to chase, but England's batsmen swung for the fences.... literally.

Can't believe the Black Cap's downed India, after a couple of poor performances. Funny, because the media had been down on them after the last loss but now that they're contenders the tune has changed.

Still, might have to put a fiver on the Cap's to take it. If England win I can't complain, nothing wrong when a host nation wins a world cup. I will have to ring my Uncle in Ealing to see if he's following the series.

I'm not a cricket fan, but even I'm looking forward to the final. Watching the highlights of today's semi - Australia set a reasonable score to chase, but England's batsmen swung for the fences.... literally.

Can't believe the Black Cap's downed India, after a couple of poor performances. Funny, because the media had been down on them after the last loss but now that they're contenders the tune has changed.

Still, might have to put a fiver on the Cap's to take it. If England win I can't complain, nothing wrong when a host nation wins a world cup. I will have to ring my Uncle in Ealing to see if he's following the series.
The India result was a surprise, especially after what looked like a poor batting performance by NZ. I’m not convinced by NZ’s batting. Guptill has had a bad tournament.

The India result was a surprise, especially after what looked like a poor batting performance by NZ. I’m not convinced by NZ’s batting. Guptill has had a bad tournament.

Are you kidding we just need Kane and Ross to bat the 49.4 overs to put together a defendable score

It will never happen but we should unleash Blundell as Nichols is slightly injured, don't think Eng have seen him lol, his last innings were a century vs WI in the warm up and 70no vs Aus A

Are you kidding we just need Kane and Ross to bat the 49.4 overs to put together a defendable score

It will never happen but we should unleash Blundell as Nichols is slightly injured, don't think Eng have seen him lol, his last innings were a century vs WI in the warm up and 70no vs Aus A
WI are the same though if Gayle bats the whole innings. :D: And if Buttler survived a whole innings for us we'd get 600. :hehe:

Kane has had to bat conservatively not knowing whether the rest of the team coming in after him are going to hang in there. If Guptill manages to stay in for 30 overs and the other guys contribute, plus Kane reliable as ever, then you can post a big score. I think Guptill being off form has affected your potential quite a bit so far. Anyway, if England aren't going to win, I would love for NZ to get their first title. :up:

WI are the same though if Gayle bats the whole innings. :D: And if Buttler survived a whole innings for us we'd get 600. :hehe:

Kane has had to bat conservatively not knowing whether the rest of the team coming in after him are going to hang in there. If Guptill manages to stay in for 30 overs and the other guys contribute, plus Kane reliable as ever, then you can post a big score. I think Guptill being off form has affected your potential quite a bit so far. Anyway, if England aren't going to win, I would love for NZ to get their first title. :up:

Ya we were banking on 3 of our greatest ODI guns to set up a platform, 1 is failing hard the other is agitated quite a bit, Kane is the only one doing the job, we will see if Guppy can suddenly recover, if not at least he will throw Roy out in the power play =P

Btw Latham is looking good now, so he could be the support player to stand up.

And I am very happy that the final will have a new winner, and I wouldn’t be sad to see the Eng team winning. And we can gloat about how you copied the 2015 version of us haha

I'm seriously excited for the final! It starts in less than 6 hours and I can't get to sleep lol

Ya we were banking on 3 of our greatest ODI guns to set up a platform, 1 is failing hard the other is agitated quite a bit, Kane is the only one doing the job, we will see if Guppy can suddenly recover, if not at least he will throw Roy out in the power play =P

Btw Latham is looking good now, so he could be the support player to stand up.

And I am very happy that the final will have a new winner, and I wouldn’t be sad to see the Eng team winning. And we can gloat about how you copied the 2015 version of us haha
We really did haha. We followed your blueprint to the letter. I'll rest a lot easier when Guptill , Ross and Kane are out. Your bowlers can do serious damage, but if we get an opening platform as we have in the last few games, everyone seems to bat much more comfortably and effectively coming in at the right time. When we had Vince getting out after 2 balls you then have everyone else coming in earlier than they are comfortable and the pressure starts building. If you are to win you need to get an early wicket and Guptill and Taylor need to finally turn up. Good luck mate ;)

NZ have won the toss and will bat first.

NZ 196-5 so far after 43 overs. I’d say England have the upper hand so far even though it’s Lords.

NZ 196-5 so far after 43 overs. I’d say England have the upper hand so far even though it’s Lords.
England have performed very well but NZ can still upset them.

NZ finish their innings on 241. England need a good start or its going to get very nervy!

England have performed very well but NZ can still upset them.
Yeah, they have good opening bowlers so a few early wickets and they will be in the driving seat. The first 10 overs are going to be very important.

NZ bowled very well early on and removed Roy but had loads more chances at wickets too. 59-1 now after 16 overs. It’s a matter of survival for now still rather than chasing runs. 3 maidens in a row raised the pressure a fair bit.

Oh oh, Root out now. Time to start getting worried! :D::csad:

Great catch to get Morgan out! Buttler and Stokes need to be at their best.

Required : 106 runs from 99 balls. England have real chance of pulling it off here.

Required : 106 runs from 99 balls. England have real chance of pulling it off here.
It's all about these two staying in. Once they are out it gets difficult again. At least we are in for an exciting (nervous) run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"