The 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup (30th May-14th July)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Kaleb, May 23, 2019.

1. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

They couldn't get any closer. I hope they win one soon to help make up for this.

Batmannerism likes this.
  2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Queen Of Wrestling

Absolutely incredible! I don't think we could have asked for a more dramatic and nail biting end to the tournament. This was a great advert for the game.

Batmannerism, Micromind and Iceman like this.
  3. Iceman

Ben Stokes gets a deserved player of the match.

Batmannerism and Blitzkrieg like this.
  4. Iceman

It was dramatic enough even before the super over. And then you have all that additional drama, and then the way it ended on the last ball. I'm glad it wasn't a one way match.

5. Iceman

Kane Williamson gets player of the tournament.

6. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

7. Iceman

I like the sportsmanship that he apologised straightaway. NZ were so unlucky with that.

Batmannerism and Micromind like this.
  8. Micromind

Yeah, Some on twitter are equating it to Maradona's "Hand of God" goal moment.

[​IMG]

Batmannerism likes this.
  9. Iceman

I don't really like that as Maradon's HoG was a purposeful cheating move and outside of the rules. The opposite of sportsmanship. Luckily here the players are much better sports with the NZ guys not complaining about it and Stokes apologising instantly. It's within the rules but it's just terrible bad luck.

10. Micromind

Ben Stokes deserved Player of the Match ! If not for his batting, England wouldn't have won this final.

Batmannerism and Iceman like this.
  11. Micromind

Yeah, I don't see how that's comparable either. In Maradona's case, his actions looked questionable, he was cheating.

Today's match was not anything like that, it was pure Cricket.

12. Iceman

That game had a great goal from Maradona and that is the thing I prefer to remember from it.

But yeah, today's final was an amazing advert for cricket and I think anyone who thinks cricket is boring should see the last few moments of this match.

13. Blade Hoarder

Blade Hoarder Registered

That was the best ODI match of all time. I've never seen anything like it. Now, onto the ashes.

14. Iceman

The ending was definitely the best. I've seen other matches that were great in the other parts of the match before. But hard to beat something this dramatic happening in a World Cup final!

Batmannerism likes this.
  15. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

Congratulations! I'm on days off at the moment so I stayed up to watch the final. A thrilling finish - and that's for a non cricket fan. A little sad that we didn't win, but glad that England has it's first title !

Greenlite and Iceman like this.
  16. Iceman

NZ couldn’t have come closer. They did their country proud and are great sports and great representatives for the sport.

Batmannerism likes this.
  17. Greenlite

Greenlite Registered

I am so distraught lol

Still recovering from the all nighter

We didn’t lose the game but we don’t have the trophy!!

The rules were incredibly outdated, runner hitting the ball should be dead balls, or if you Stoke it for four you don’t need to apologize, just let the next ball be a dot ball then duke it out in the final ball, like soccer when someone got injured then the other team kicks the ball in touch then get it back.

And one super over, why not keep it going like penalty shoot out, new players each over until Taylor bowls to Wood for the finale, lol, and they could have gone for least wickets lost, least extra, rankings etc....just felt so....sad

Congrats Eng and cricket tho

Batmannerism, Blitzkrieg and Iceman like this.
  18. Iceman

That must go down as one of the best ever World Cup performances.

Batmannerism likes this.
  19. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

If we had set a slightly higher target for England to chase, and we'd won, nobody would be complaining about the rules. If they are outdated, then now there's an opportunity to change them.

This is England's first title, and they invented the game, so it's hard to feel resentful - maybe it would be a bit different if Australia had won. The respect the Caps have received for their sportsmanship and graciousness in defeat has been pretty universal - and the English team and everyone in England knows that they only won by the narrowest of margins.

Anyway, the Black Cap will be back next time, and sooner or later they'll be world champs. After this performance I have no doubt of that. Cheers.

Blitzkrieg, Greenlite and Iceman like this.
  20. Iceman

I wish you’d won in 2015! I don’t know why you guys didn’t go harder in the last few overs. And I was grateful when Guptill went. He was giving me a nervous breakdown! If he’d stayed in for another 10 overs he would have done a lot of damage.

Greenlite and Batmannerism like this.
  21. Greenlite

Greenlite Registered

Cheers, then I see 6 should have been 5 and Rashid should have faced the second to last ball. I am just discussing the prep for the next campaign in cricket web to treat my meltdown, great threads you guys should check it out

22. Greenlite

Greenlite Registered

Guppy looked on, then he used the review, stood there while Trent had a brain fart on the boundary, made the throw that hit Ben’s bat, then got run out in the final ball. I cannot imagine how he felt eh, indirectly involved in so many key moments. Hope his wife and cute daughter distract him

Iceman and Blitzkrieg like this.
  23. Iceman

What a crazy day for him. He faced the first and last ball of the day. He’s a top player when on form and didn’t really see his best at this World Cup. Must say I breathed a massive sigh of relief when he was out in the final. Real dangerman. I hope he bounces back well.

Greenlite likes this.
  24. Greenlite

Greenlite Registered

I just realized one of the classic images from the semi was when he ran out Dhoni, then the classic image from the final is the one that he got run out. Cricket fate.

Will be interesting to see if he can bounce back after this, there are about 4 up and coming young guys fighting for the opening/middle order spots for the next CWC!

He could be there for the T20 WC in AUS, mostly roads there for batting IMO, apparently there are 2 T20 WCs in 2 years, WTF

25. Iceman

How old is he now?

I’d like for him to go out in style when he does. And at some point you can look to the future and who his replacement can be.

And I didn’t really keep track of T20 tournaments. Maybe it’s moved to every 2 years?

Greenlite likes this.