The 7 Least-Faithful Comic Book Movies

Charcters persinalities and origins where changes, as well as their appearances. Even certain important plot elements were left out/altered.

You can say that about every comic book movie.

I understand what you're saying, but we think differently. Can't we just leave it at that? :yay:

i think singers xmen universe was a brilliant way of bringing comic characters to the screen , he was altering them to fit into out reality and he did a good job of it. he did capture the essence o fthe characters and he was faithful to their beliefs.

Yeah, where is Catwoman on this list??? Halle Berry as Patience Phillips? Catwoman alone blows the competition out of the water.

Batman and Robin should not be number one here it was baddest of the batman films yes but the top worst 3 in my book were.

1 Catwomen.

2 Elektra.

3 AVP 1

This thread reminds me of the many hours I've spent bickering over comic-book details with my uncle. The guy is 100% purist on the subject. He despises every Superman movie ever made (yes, even the Reeve ones), complained about the kids being younger in Singer's "X-Men" series (especially Rogue and Iceman), and has repeatedly stated his displeasure over any major change to comic mythology. Among his various complaints (aside from those already mentioned) have been the following...

• The black-leather outfits worn in "X-Men". I asked him if he'd honestly prefer to see Cyclops in blue and gold, or Wolverine in yellow. His reponse was "Yes!", and when I stated that wasn't believable for a film, he simply said, "Ridiculous! If it's so wrong, why'd they design them that way in the first place?"

• The ages of both Reed and Sue in "Fantastic Four". He was supremely ticked that Reed looked "younger than Sue", at least to him. He admitted the comraderie between Johnny & Ben was faithful, but criticized the hell out of Reed, Sue, and Dr. Doom. He also was rather confused about Alicia's role in the films, and her apparent connection to the Puppet Master. I don't think he's seen the sequel yet.

• The Goblin's mask in "Spider-Man", and the "Sandman is Ben's killer" story created for the third film. Oddly, the Spidey films are probably the ones series he tolerates without much complaint. In fact, when we saw the original in 2002, he talked to the screen during Peter's fight with Flash Thompson, saying, "That bully got what's comin' to him!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"