the 78th annual Academy Awards

I am proud of Reese Witherspoon for making her bed. :(

GoldenAgeHero said:
i know the film is based on the author. but the way the film is make it seem too out there.

Honestly, Truman Capote was very out there.

GoldenAgeHero said:
corny and contrived, fake and melodramatic, insincerely emotional; also written hokey

and that is exactly what the role and entire film is.

For some reason I highly doubt that you've seen it.

I take it that Phoenix was robbed? :(

JanG said:
I am pround of Reese Witherspoon for making her bed. :(

I'm proud of her work in Freeway. One of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Best Adaptation: Brokeback Mountain.

Good thing they cut that line in the climax:

"Stop. Just stop. You had me at 'howdy.'"

Gamma Ray said:
I'm proud of her work in Freeway. One of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Keifer Sutherland was creepy in that movie though. :eek:

Don't like the winnder for cinematography or Director:o

JanG said:
I am proud of Reese Witherspoon for making her bed. :(

I'm just happy she didn't pull a "Hillary Swank" and forget to thank her clearly less-famous husband.

Crash was definately a shock, but still deserving!

Ok, lets talk about the idiosyncracies. We know that from every angle they shoved the whole "anti piracy" thing down our throat, as well as encouraging us to see movies in theaters. Going as far as Jake commenting on how bad movies look on portables. I must say though, they are right about some things, when it comes to what the "theater" experience is. We are becoming an individulastic society when regarding the arts...

Another thing. Do you guys get the sneaking suspician Crash was the favorite for a lot of the people at the awards show? A lot of people were talking about equality and discrimination and such all night long.

Serenity wasn't nominated for anything, so i can't say i care much.

JanG said:
Another thing. Do you guys get the sneaking suspician Crash was the favorite for a lot of the people at the awards show? A lot of people were talking about equality and discrimination and such all night long.

I still thought it was a shock for most of the people there...Jack Nicholson's face said it all. As for all the talk about equality and discrimination, I think that could apply to half of the movies nominated, not just Crash.

ZeroSuit...nerd.

So Crash won. I never saw it, but I saw Amores Perros. What did any of you think, comparing the films?

and I agree with you kytrigger. It's an issue that has been important lately in entertainment. But it still lends more favor to Crash.

I'm glad Reese won BA and Crash won BM.

Three Six Mafia won an Oscar? I was shocked by that.

Immortalfire said:
Joaquin so should have won. :(

I agree, but I went in knowing he wouldn't. With all of the "minority" movies being supported this year like Crash, Brokeback Mountain, Copote, ect, I have a feeling he wouldn't win. Capote, being a gay man deffinantly had it going in. It's too bad though, because I feel that Joaquin had the superior performance. See, it's easy to play a real person when they aren't exactly that famous. But, Joaquin had very little room for interpretation and he channeled the Man in Black flawlessly.

GoldenAgeHero said:
i know the film is based on the author. but the way the film is make it seem too out there.

He was out there. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"