The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

Discussion in 'Star Wars on Disney+' started by Snow Queen, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Original post:
    ‘Star Wars’ Series From Leslye Headland in the Works at Disney Plus – Variety

#1 Snow Queen, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    DarthSkywalker likes this.
  2. Fincher Coming Undone

Different part of the Star Wars timeline? The article I read made it sound like it was an actual different timeline, like alternate history. That wouldn't bother me, but I don't know about fans in general.

3. Pennywise Registered

4. Fincher Coming Undone

Yeah, see, there's a big difference between "different part of the Star Wars timeline" and "alternate timeline". Someone got their wires crossed.

Weather Witch likes this.
  5. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Meh

I hope it’s good. But when their selling point is “female centric” I am not expecting much

Lobo likes this.
  6. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

[​IMG]

My biggest wish would be for a Crimson Dawn follow-up to Solo, with Clarke as Qui'Ra rising in the underworld, leading up to Maul's downfall. I do love the Aphra rumors, though, and Headland is a great hire, so I'm hyped for whatever.

7. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    The Aphra rumours feel like wishful thinking to me.

Sithborg likes this.
  8. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

Weren't there already rumors about an Aphra project being in the works that pre-dated the announcement?

9. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, but I'll believe it when I see it on that one. It just seems out of character for them.

10. Pennywise Registered

Star Wars: New Disney+ Showrunner Leslye Headland Teases How She Pitched Her Series

Star Wars: Russian Doll Creator Teases the Timeline and Canon of Her Disney+ Series

Doug Mills likes this.
  11. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
  12. Fincher Coming Undone

Mystery thriller sounds interesting, and a female Sith is cool. This is probably the most exciting of the announced shows to me, although to be fair to Rangers of the New Republic I'm not sure what that's supposed to be.

Iceman likes this.
  13. Bim Registered

Consider me intrigued! This could be very cool

Iceman likes this.
  14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I came here to say pretty much all this. :up:

15. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

The thriller aspect of it is a big hook for me. I don't know anything about the Sith of the High Republic era, but adding a real layer of tension and suspense to their usual shenanigans is a good recipe in my book.

KRYPTON INC. and Iceman like this.
  16. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I'm glad the High Republic is getting a series. I'm really looking for the High Republic materials to start to come out. Some of the designs shown already are really cool.

Snow Queen likes this.
  17. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

I haven’t been keeping up with the High Republic at all. Just know that it’s a new series of books and comics too I think and it takes place thousands of years before the events of the OT

Is this something meant to replace Knights of the Old Republic? Would suck to lose so many great characters from KOTOR if that’s the case

18. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

I saw the title and got super-excited thinking it really was a Qui'Ra/Maul series.

I'm a little bummed it isn't, but I am excited to be getting at least one show outside of the OT-ST timeframe. Can't wait to see the High Republic on the screen.

Lobo likes this.
  19. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

High Republic is like, 200-300 years before TPM, so it’s not really a replacement for the Old Republic.

In fact, from what they’ve said about this era, the Sith, the Mandalorian wars and all of that should well be over.

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  20. Broseph44 Witness Me

No, it is not something meant to replace the Old Republic. The High Republic is set 200 years before the events of the Skywalker saga and 800 years after the fall of the "Old Republic".

GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  21. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I remain dubious of the entire "High Republic"* concept, but being done first as part of the Disney+ medley? Gives a tad bit of hope. And a spy story is a valid concept within Star Wars.

*It feels like something someone would invent because they want to steal from the KOTOR time period of the EU, but don't have the courage to actually do so because its too distant from the "main" story. Thus, steal stylistic and probably story elements from that, and then put them in an entirely different time period, that is close enough to the present to play "prequel of the prequels" games. It smells of half-measures.

22. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Its not starting with this series, though. Think of the High Republic as like the Shadow of the Empire or The Force Unleash media blitz that happened in the past. The High Republic starts off next month.

And the designs, from what I'm seeing, are really awesome. Really fancier than what we saw in the PT.

Star Wars: The High Republic - StarWars.com

Probably not doing KOTOR due to its continuing popularity.

Roose Bolton likes this.
  23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I reckon Maul is inevitable in the shows at some point, as long as they are successful.

24. Fincher Coming Undone

I do think young Solo and Qi'ra are more viable with the shift toward television than they would've been for another film. They could easily show up on the Lando series.

Iceman, Prison Mike and GREEN =w= DAY like this.
  25. henzINNIT Registered

I am numb to Disney Star Wars and most of their proposed projects, but this one sounds like it might actually be interesting. Curious about this one.

Doug Mills likes this.