• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Acolyte from Leslye Headland

Reading through comments from people who've seen it, it sounds very average and it looks like I will be skipping this show.

Especially since I read some spoilers floating around from the next few episodes and it seems some major things that were previously canon by GL will be "redefined".

That's how you bury a beloved franchise to the ground, Disney. No wonder the RT audience scores and IMDB ratings are plummeting.

They will probably get even worse in the next few weeks.

As I stated earlier, those ratings were coming in by the hundreds well before the show was even out. It's the same review bombing tactic we've seen happen to countless other shows and movies. Those people haven't watched The Acolyte, and they have no intention to do so. The show is excellent and I'd recommend watching it for yourself, instead of listening to bad-faith sources. If you have any interest in Star Wars, that is.

Reading through comments from people who've seen it, it sounds very average and it looks like I will be skipping this show.

Especially since I read some spoilers floating around from the next few episodes and it seems some major things that were previously canon by GL will be "redefined".

That's how you bury a beloved franchise to the ground, Disney. No wonder the RT audience scores and IMDB ratings are plummeting.

They will probably get even worse in the next few weeks.

I can assure you, the number of people upset about Darth Tenebrous may be vocal, but they are very, very small.

Star Wars: The Acolyte audience score is being reviewed bombed but the imdb audiences are higher. I guess for tv shows to get more of a view what audiences think you have to go to imdb since rt does not have verified audience scores like the big screen movies.

The Acolyte imdb scores
Episode 1

Episode 2

It looks like the grifters use the audience scores on rt when it goes their way but ignore imdb scores.

By the way i see some of these grifters saying the hand to hand combat scenes are slow.
What the heck they are talking about?
The hand to hand fight scenes are the fastest and the best i have ever seen in star wars.
Anyway it's really good show.

Last edited:
One thing I've learned with entertainment in my many years as a fan is never let what other people say out you off watching something.

Prime example, I loved the Obi-Wan Kenobi show and am currently re-watching it on 4K disc. Yet parts of the internet hate the show.

The Acolyte I am just waiting for a few more episodes to come out before I start it.

My expectations were dulled by the trailers. Can't deny it. Still curious but I'll wait until it's over and check the temperature then (standard procedure for Disney shows tbh).

Absolutely tired of the grifters out to ruin Star Wars for everyone. Just finished the first 2 episodes and they were great! Really tired of these people screaming over women, non-straight sexualities or POC as leads in stuff. It's getting old.

That overall imdb score does no sense because the scores for the Acolyte Episode 1 is 6.2 is and Episode 2 is 6.1. Anyway the rt audience score is reviewed bombed and imdb as well is getting reviewed bombed but it's score is higher.

Absolutely tired of the grifters out to ruin Star Wars for everyone. Just finished the first 2 episodes and they were great! Really tired of these people screaming over women, non-straight sexualities or POC as leads in stuff. It's getting old.
The thing is, there are things that Disney should focus on fixing etc when it comes to Star Wars.
There is criticism to be made...but Grifters make it impossible to give Disney valid criticism on how they handle the IP..
And next to them doing it just for clicks, is when they do it because of "Woke"...like, an IP about Space Wizards and Aliens, and these weirdos can actually trick people that such an IP is wrong for having LGBT or POC or Women in it.

The most insane discourse ever.

Seems like a decent start. It's hard to get a sense of viewership with how Disney reports, especially with only the first day, but for comparison:
  • X-Men '97: 4M views in 5 days
  • Goosebumps: 4.2M views in 3 days
  • Taylor Swift: 4.6M views in 3 days
  • The Acolyte: 4.8M in 1 day
  • Shogun: 9M views in 6 days
  • Loki S2: 10.9M views in 3 days
  • Ahsoka: 14M views in 5 days
  • Wish: 13.2M views in 5 days
  • Percy Jackson: 13.3M views in 6 days
  • Elemental: 26.4M views in 5 days
Mando S3 was higher than Loki S2, but not reported with this metric. Bad Batch S3 was also famously not reported. There's no real way to tell how it ranks here until we get 5/6 day numbers though. Hope Disney releases those numbers, but they might not.

Nielsen ratings will obviously be even more telling. Though, the show's relatively short runtime would hurt it in those charts. Samba TV no longer reports on Disney+ numbers unfortunately.

Edit: got Loki numbers wrong

Last edited:
The first two episodes are the first star wars I've watched since Rise of Skywalker. I thought they were pretty good. I'll watch the rest of the season.

I would like if there were more aliens though.

Plot mystery.

How will Osha take on Jedi over time, given that she's coming off as less force sensitive? She couldn't even touch the meditating guy. Does she have untapped potential?

We'll see.

I mean, its almost like there is a quick and easy path, one certain non-Jedi traditions embrace....

Perhaps in some form, but,

1) She's an Accolyte and not an apprentice, so perhaps this is a non Sith dark side lineage.
2) Speculation is fun !

Last edited:
  • X-Men '97: 4M views in 5 days
  • Goosebumps: 4.2M views in 3 days
  • Taylor Swift: 4.6M views in 3 days
  • Shogun: 9M views in 6 days
  • The Acolyte: 11.5M in 5 days
  • Percy Jackson: 13.3M views in 6 days
  • Wish: 13.2M views in 5 days
  • Ahsoka: 14M views in 5 days
  • Loki S2: 10.9M views in 3 days
  • Elemental: 26.4M views in 5 days
Updated viewership. Acolyte ended up lower than Loki S2 and Ahsoka. It's probably on par with Percy Jackson given the average views per day, but we don't have day 6 numbers.

So far, It's nothing special, but i don't think it's bad either. The problem tho, is that if you already don't like Star Wars TV shows this isn't going to move the needle. Hell, people are divided over Andor and it's a critically acclaimed flop. I feel Star Wars is only for casual fans, and general audiences, and not hardcore Star Wars lore fans. For better or worse. Which means they need CHEAP fanservice, not deep dive lore fanservice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"