• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

~The Addams Family vs The Munsters~

Yup it's true the Waynes are doing it as well as the incredible shrinking man.

I heard about them doing the Munsters a while ago. I hope that plans falls apart.

I never saw the Addams Family show or it's movies.

I picked The Munsters, I remember watching them on Saturday afternoons in the 80's when a local Los Angeles channel showed The Three Stooges, Gilligan's Island and The Munsters.

Anybody remember the short lived The Munsters Today show from the late 80's?

Yeah I hope it gets canned too...it's sad. Like how ice cube is making welcome back kotter :(

You see, it's difficult to choose one over the other, because they're both great shows.

You see, it's difficult to choose one over the other, because they're both great shows.

I agree. If pressed, I'd go with The Addams Family, but not by very much. That said, I think The Munsters had the better house.

The Munsters.I never really watched the original Addams family.I've seen all the others though,but I just love the Munsters.Both have great theme songs too.

The Addams Family by far. The Munster's are nice too.

Totally can't wait for The Addams Family Musical.

While I watched the majority of the Munsters show and very little of the original AF show, I watched everything that came after that. So I would have to go with The Addams Family. They are just a lot more weirder than the Munsters were.

Though I am surprised the two familys never had cross-over.

edit: lol didnt know I already replied to this thread a year ago

Last edited:
Though I am surprised the two familys never had cross-over.

edit: lol didnt know I already replied to this thread a year ago
Probably the same reason Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie never crossed-over, different network that was the competition.

4EaEfrd.jpg

As for the poll absolutely went with Addam's Family.

Although the Munsters had the much groovier car in the Barris designed Munster Koach.
MunsterKoach2c.jpg

However if the Addam's had taken from their cartoon/illustrations and used The vintage Black Maria as their vehicle, that would have won the best macabre car vote too.

Last edited:
Addams Family for me. Never really watched The Munsters, although I have always been amazed that Yvonne de Carlo, who played Lily, also played Sephora (Moses' wife) in The Ten Commandments...

The Addams Family was always waaaay more interesting. I never found the appeal of having a family of monsters trying to ingratiate themselves into normal society. Though I found the character of Marilyn interesting, and felt any updated Munsters property should use her more.

The Munsters, it's not even close for me. I prefer the 90s Adams Family movies more than the original series, but overall, The Munsters. The writing was much better. Way more clever.

In terms of shows, I thought The Munsters was better, mainly because of Fred Gwynne. But the Addams Family movies were better than either show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• Lily Adler
    🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"