BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, it's an Alfred thread. The Dark Knight's trusted butler and friend. I'm not entirely sure if he'll be in the film, but I have a gut feeling he will at least have a cameo of some sorts.

Hmm.... how about a variety of flavors?

SUPER SARCASTIC TAKE: Steve Coogan.

WISE COUNSELOR TAKE: David Pryce

LIVE ACTION BEWARE THE BATMAN TAKE: Tim Dalton

Yeah I actually got this feeling too. IF we see any other Bat character than just Batman, it'll be Alfred.

So hmmm.... Since maybe this will be a somewhat younger Batman, they could focus less on making Alfred old and crippled. And I understand this is a very left-field casting choice but how about Crispin Glover?

crispinglover.jpg

compared to classic comicbook Alfred:
275367-20064-alfred.jpg

I think Hurt is too old now myself, But man, 10-15 years ago he'd have been a really interesting choice. As for Glover.... Well if he was the Alfed raising Bruce no wonder he's all screwed up.

How about Pierce Brosnan?

Brosnan is in the same category as Dalton, irony of ironies I know. :oldrazz:

He would be a more active Alfred than Caine was. But I could see it. And I think he could handle the biting humor Alfred is known for. Good choice in my opinion.

pierce brosnan is actually a REALLY popular choice. I, for one, haven't seen enough movies with him to comment on the subject. (which means ,no , I haven't seen any of the old james bond movies. only the Daniel craig-era ones. yes, I know, i'm missing out a lot on life. )

how about alan rickman ?

and a big bad place no to crispin glover, lol.

pierce brosnan is actually a REALLY popular choice. I, for one, haven't seen enough movies with him to comment on the subject. (which means ,no , I haven't seen any of the old james bond movies. only the Daniel craig-era ones. yes, I know, i'm missing out a lot on life. )

how about alan rickman ?

and a big bad place no to crispin glover, lol.

Rickman as Alfred would be supacool!! He can do droll and biting humor in his sleep. That's not a joke. He dreams in withering sarcasm. RICKMAN: "Really nightmare creature born from the terrors of my childhood... You think you can scare me?"

back in the old days, I truly believe gary oldman could've been ****ing perfect as the joker.

but atleast we got a perfect Gordon out of him , so I guess it didn't turn out that bad.

Brendan Gleeson or David Thewlis would be very interesting. Though a personal favourite would be a salt/pepper haired Stephen Dillane.

Michael Caine ala Judi Dench in both the Brosnan and Craig eras of Bond.

4-simon-callow-03.jpg

Simon Callow for a deadpan Alfred like in Batman: TAS.

Timothy Dalton for more the former MI6-type Alfred.

Definitely Cranston for Gordon.

Michael Caine for Alfred!!! He said he'd do more I believe!

But if not him... Hopkins maybe?
Peter O'Toole
Christopher Plummer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"