BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

4-simon-callow-03.jpg

Simon Callow for a deadpan Alfred like in Batman: TAS.

If you want an Alfred like the one from Batman TAS then Simon Callow is perfect casting :up:

Wow, I never realised how much Callow looked like TAS Alfred.

Jackie Chan, the quintessential Chinese butler. (If Perry White is Black...)

jackie-chan-russian-premiere-chinese-zodiac-01.jpg

this guy is still my #1 choice

0_big.jpg

Rickman has the charm, personality, and dry witty sense of humor to make an excellent Alfred

I've gotta say, Hugh Laurie is an interesting idea. I'm not entirely sold, but still interesting...

They have to give Alfred something to do I remember Caine saying he wasn't gonna accept the role in Nolan's film until he read the script and saw that Alfred was actually quite a fundamental part to the film. Okay some will take it for the paycheck but I can't see people like Rickman taking it if the role isn't strong enough...

I thought we all agreed Rickman was Brainiac. Screw Cumberbatch. :argh:

If he wasn't retired from acting, I think Sean Connery would have been an awesome Alfred, but oh well. Anyways, I was thinking maybe Ciaran Hinds would make a great Alfred.
uktv_above_suspicion_ciaran_hinds_2.jpg

Hugh Laurie as a younger ex-MI6 field capable Alfred -Beware the Batman-esque or Earth One

hugh-laurie.jpg

gary-frank-alfred-earth-one.jpg

John Cleese as a more classic, humorous Alfred

MV5BMTQ1MTIzMzM1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjQ3ODI1._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

It's a Snyder film no doubt if Alfred is included he will be a bad ash.

To be honest I think Alfred should be the only person from Batman's world in this movie besides the villain if this is to be a true or supposed sequel to MOS as they claim.

To be honest I think Alfred should be the only person from Batman's world in this movie besides the villain if this is to be a true or supposed sequel to MOS as they claim.

I would like to see Robin, but if this is Batman just starting up again then Robin can't be included once again. Now if they jump ahead say 5 years or what have you and Superman is established and Batman is established then they can include Robin as a small background character. But I really only see Bruce and Alfred being in the movie...along with a villain of course. Now which villain I don't know

bad place no to Robin showing up at any point in this cinematic universe!

Michael Caine really wants to play him again, dunno if Nolan would put a stop to it though.

I dig the Timothy suggestion very much. He's probably the best ex-007 for the role. If we don't want Lazenby, that is (lol)
Moore's too aged by now, and Connery retired 10 years ago. Brosnan's run as leading man/action hero is too close to present day, sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"