BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

Blake was merely a tribute to the concept of Robin.

yeah...I didn't like that at all. It was lame and a cop out to where they didn't have to actually include Robin. Go all out or don't do it at all

I completely agree, Kal-el, here's hoping this time around we get a proper Robin.

Im glad we didn't get the teenage Robin in the Nolan-verse. And I quite liked their take on him. It was a nice homage to Tim Drake and Dick Grayson and even Frank Miller who created his own Robin for his story. Nolan did the same.

I don't think WB has the confidence in a teenage Robin who is Batman's sidekick, wearing a cape and mask. I just don't see it happening. Maybe references.

I imagine WB are too scared and have nightmares of Batman & Robin and Joel Shumacher's face. Unfortunately I see the same problem with Mr. Freeze.

When did this turn into the Robin thread? ;)

I can't believe I get to be the first person to suggest Idris Elba in a casting thread.

But seriously, (sort of) what about Adam West as Alfred?

My two top choices to play Alfred are Terence Stamp and Max von Sydow. Michael Gambon would be good as well.

I think Pierce Brosnan would be a greattttt choice, especially if this movie is going with a younger Batman. Brosnan's ash kicking version of Alfred would be there to help pick up the slack for him, guide him along this journey ("if you're going to do it, we're going to do it right" sort of attitude from him)

If were going for a somewhat younger Alfred, then David Tennant would be my choice.

Yeah, Stamp. I could dig that.

I saw Pierce Brosnan mentioned as alfred.And damn that would be Intresting choice.As one of my 2 favorate bonds(Sean Connery the other) that would be great to see him In film with my favorate DC Superhero.

-Any of the bonds (minus Craig and the aussie), or Bill Nighy

Alan Rickman is my pick.

He's never been really brought up. But I think Jonathan Pryce would do a good job

14124-29876.jpg

Pierce Brosnan, Timothy Dalton and Jonathan Pryce were all suggested for the role? Might as well throw Judi Dench in there :oldrazz:.

A female Alfred? Like that female Jimmy?

Interesting :hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"