The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matrix sequels, superman returns, the last pirates of the Caribbean movie...
I don't think anyone is blaming Australia for the failings of those films. :yay:

This could be an extremely iconic and amazing shot if done right!

3538462-aquaman_by_ryanb_by_ryanbnjmn-d5w1962.jpg

0504_aquamanlee.jpg

latest

dfd96c212e67324d17d574c2fab8415d.jpg

latest

As long as it's pink.

:o

Seriously though, I'm sure they can make it look great, but the idea of a giant seahorse living in our seas is and will always be ridiculous.

Last edited:
If it's a zombie seahorse or one that looks like a dragon, I'm so in.

I can't imagine us getting just a regular looking or cute sea horse from wan.
If it's there it'll no doubt be badass and maybe a little scary. :D

Jason Momoa Describes 'Aquaman' Movie As Origin, Battle And Big Road Trip http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/05/jason-momoa-aquaman-origin-movie-justice-league-/

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com during a Justice League event in London, the actor opened up about his next endeavor as the Atlantean hero which comes in the form of the self-titled Aquaman film in December of 2018. "Zack [Snyder] brought me in," Momoa said. "He definitely wanted this Outlaw Josey Wales. He wanted someone that wasn't accepted in Atlantis, wasn't accepted on land."

"He really was this outsider and lived on the fringes of society. We talked about him just being raised with his father, this blue collar worker. His father was a lighthouse keeper, but I probably worked on oil rigs. I'd be underwater and I could just rip the rig off and just weld."

The Aquaman seen in Justice League is really just "a weekend in his life" according to Momoa, as the true evolution of the character is to be seen.

"And that was when I was alone," Momoa said. "There's people that I would save, that I could save, and there's people that I couldn't. The human side of me is that heartbreak of he couldn't save someone. Not knowing what to with these powers, he was a drinker. He'd just down that emotion. He couldn't ever get that out.

"You're going to see that I really wanted him to be that gruff thing, because he has to become king. If Justice League is like seeing him at his lowest, and not just his lowest, but this loneliness that I wanted about him, so when we get to Aquaman you know why he became that, and how he had been put in that lonely spot.

"And how he has to bring these two worlds together. Because you're going to see this ocean world, which we just pollute, and how do these people feel underwater with what the land does to the ocean. And this war that is going to come between the two, and I'm the only one that can link the two. He has to do it. He doesn't want to do it."

In regards to the tone of the Aquaman movie, Momoa described it as a combination of an origin, an epic battle, and a big road movie.

"In the story, we're going to see a couple different younger versions of me. And even before I was born, so you'll know where my mother came from, Atlantis. We've got to establish seven different kingdoms and the threat," said Momoa.

"Surpassing Justice League, this moment in time is his call to become king. The only thing that can save Atlantis is me fighting my own brother. There's a big battle, and there's an epic [fight]. It's also a big road movie, because we travel all over the world. It's got that Star Wars quality of gigantic ships and guys riding sharks. It's going to be this whole world you've never seen before. You're going to see him start as this guy who probably rides bikes, works on cars. You get to see him this one way as kind of a dirty, dark, drunkard, and then turn into this regal king."

Gosh everyone is doing road trip movies now!

I wonder why?

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/06/justice-league-aquaman-trident/
Slight spoilers about Jason Momoa and his trident:

Even from the earliest images of the upcoming Justice League movie fans have noticed that Aquaman's trident isn't exactly a trident, it's a five-pronged weapon and now actor Jason Momoa reveals there's a reason for that.

Momoa and Justice League costars Ben Affleck and Ray Fisher sat down with WSVN-TV Miami's Chris Van Vliet to talk about the upcoming superhero film and Momoa revealed that not only was he aware that the "trident" in the movie isn't a true trident, but that fans would have to wait for the solo Aquaman movie to see Arthur with his iconic weapon.

"I didn't call it a trident," Momoa said. "It's a quindent. We don't call it that in the movie and when you watch Aquaman you're going to see him go for the trident, so everyone's just got to stay tuned for a hot minute."

According to Momoa, Aquaman's weapon in Justice League is actually on loan to him from Mera and it won't be until the Aquaman movie that the hero goes for his real trident as well as the throne.
"He's not the king yet," Momoa explained. "He looks to Mera and he goes 'I need to borrow something. I need you to do me a favor' so that's when she gives him the equipment."
That equipment will come in handy when the heroes have to face off with Steppenwolf's parademons and Momoa revealed to Entertainment Weekly last week he uses the weapon -- that he says is named Bernadette -- to pick off the creatures.
"It's one of the coolest scenes in the movie," Momoa said. "I originally ride the Batmobile. I jump off with my trident -- my trusty pitchfork -- and stab parademons."
[YT]95wHMCujfZY[/YT]

Honestly, I kind of wish this was the actual trident but it's seems like they are trying to connect Arthur becoming more like his comic counterpart/royal king to the type of items he gets (trident, classic costume, etc) so it will be interesting to see the journey he goes on in his solo movie.

The trident will be in the ancient battle scene in Justice League.
DMw3AZsW0AIA1T2.jpg

The Outlaw Josey Whales, uh, Wales of the Seven Seas?

tenor.gif

I like Jason's thought about AM doing all kind of rough neck jobs around the world. I kind of feel that's what the tattoos are about. He looks like a rough customer you'd find in a seedy bar on the wharf of a dozen different port towns all over the world.

It's beautiful but it's still a bit dark and muted. I'm playing assassins creed origins at the moment and I think games like that show you can tell a dark story using beautiful spellbinding colours

I don't think anyone is blaming Australia for the failings of those films. :yay:

Ha thanks. Thank god Thor Ragnarok broke the trend!

Gosh so many people!

It must be so heartbreaking when so many people work on a movie and it doesn't pull through in the end. That said though I'm sure Aquaman won't have that problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"