The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDCC Saturday is five months until release so it's a little later than normal but I reckon WB will have go full throttle not just with a trailer but a couple of posters as well and I imagine we'll get a teaser for Shazam

Disappointed that we still have to wait another month for a trailer. The marketing strategy sure has changed since 2016 but maybe that's a good thing

I think Jason is going to be Mr. Jet Lag, cuz tomake up for a later released trailer they will have to showcase him all over the place.

tumblr_padb70fDEn1tlns7wo1_1280.jpg

Undersea dragons ? :hmm:

Are the sharks leashed? How sad :csad: I’m telling PETA

The new images are cool and I'm glad we'll finally be getting a trailer at SDCC! :jd:

Are the sharks leashed? How sad :csad: I’m telling PETA

Could be plot related. Think about it... Orm or Manta have to find a way to undermine Aquaman's natural control over sea life? The "leashes/harness" could be tech that blocks Aquaman's telepathic control.

Really digging the set pics. Hopefully this will look like LOTR or Thor underwater. Also, love that they went old school with Black Manta’s mask. I’m curious how he’ll factor into the story. I wonder if he’ll initially be an ally to Arthur and then turn on him after Orm is disposed of.

I don’t think JUSTICE LEAGUE was ever planning to show Atlantis in all its glory. They had to leave some spectacle for AQUAMAN, which was to more or less directly follow. What we saw in JL was just a taste.

We got a fringe Arthur, and we got the fringe of Atlantis.

And while I suppose that would be underwhelming for people who expected to see Atlantis in all

its glory, that was also probably the right approach to take, with a solo on the horizon.

Audiences should get to see the true scope of Atlantis first through Arthur’s eyes as a young man, an adult returning, etc, and in an AQUAMAN movie.

Correct, in JL we saw part of ruins of Atlantis as it existed when it was above the Sea, before sinking. Even that part was cut due to run-time mandate of 119 minutes.

Correct, in JL we saw part of ruins of Atlantis as it existed when it was above the Sea, before sinking. Even that part was cut due to run-time mandate of 119 minutes.

I think this film should just cut all ties to that movie. If WB wanted, they could've just released the script (before BvS came out as well as versions after) and a description of all the unfinished excess material online. A combined universe just shouldn't happen unless combining a bunch of already successful franchises together for a one-off from time to time.

Aquaman movie is not abandoning what was shown in Justice League. I see shared universe as a good thing unlike many posters here who think all DC movies should be separate stand alone movies.

Think for a second, would MCU's Ant-Man would have been so successful had they released it without any connections to larger MCU ? Or, for that matter, think of Thor Ragnarok without Hulk.

Last edited:
True but Marvel did focus on 1 movie at a time first then had the Avengers as an endgame with just a little post-scene teaser that may or may not be continued in another team-up movie. The writers for Infinity War and Kevin Fiegi both emphasized this as well. With that being said, I'm not necessarily praising this as the best story approach just the best $$ approach to keep things going (would definitely like if Marvel films felt more interdependent on one another from a story standpoint in phase 2 for instance).

If things could be done over, sure WB could simply do Justice League (like they were planning to years ago before writer's strike) first before any solo's and segue off from there if the movie is a hit (this also makes it easier to shift focus if not).

WB didn't follow the simple approach of a team movie first or the movie by movie (then a team) like Marvel did. They made 1 movie then tried to jam a bunch of stuff into the 2nd as a means to shift into the teamup movie. This could've worked but definitely feels like a harder way of doing things. The creative conflict behind the scenes on what kind of movie Justice League was supposed to be while it was in production really didn't help. It just feels to me like the Justice League movie was never fully released.

At this point in time, I think tunnel vision (and perhaps soft reboot) through little cameos would be less risky and easier as Wonder Woman and Aquaman have gained some attention. The Batman movie is going to happen and will most likely have a different actor anyway so finding a way to mesh with the solo movies would probably be the way to go. Superman can get a sequel to Man of Steel and Justice League can be summed up as some sort of temporal disturbance that happened within the movie timeline.

Last edited:
Could be plot related. Think about it... Orm or Manta have to find a way to undermine Aquaman's natural control over sea life? The "leashes/harness" could be tech that blocks Aquaman's telepathic control.

I think the Atlanteans have domesticated Sharks and the giant seahorses, the way we domesticated horses and dogs.

I know Comic-con isn't far away but it's a bit weird to me to be teasing a trailer almost 6 weeks out.

It's good it's coming to Comic Con and not now, bigger hype there.

But what the hell with the last minute change. Deadline and Variety got it wrong? Wan tweeting 'soon'?

This is, at that point, one of the most hyped trailers ever. They are setting themselves up against very big expectations and they better deliver something as incredible as Logan's first trailer now

It's good it's coming to Comic Con and not now, bigger hype there.

But what the hell with the last minute change. Deadline and Variety got it wrong? Wan tweeting 'soon'?

This is, at that point, one of the most hyped trailers ever. They are setting themselves up against very big expectations and they better deliver something as incredible as Logan's first trailer now

Well you get a month to prepare yourself then...get a new haircut, polish the nail, buy a new dress, and buy a new projector :oldrazz:

I still can't believe we are gonna see badass soldiers riding seahorses and sharks, designed by James Wan.

I hope the story has a bunch of backstory and history lessons on Atlantis (cuz I know nothing about it and all DCEU films have fantastic history lessons (minus SS). I wanna see sibling conflicts, tribal conflicts, twists and backstabbing, hopefully Orm gets to whip some bad oil companies' a$$ too.

I know Comic-con isn't far away but it's a bit weird to me to be teasing a trailer almost 6 weeks out.

It could be that they don't have much to show outside of the Aquaman trailer.

I suspect any SHAZAM! or WW84 footage will be for attendees only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"