The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be another DOFP, or another Apocalypse. I'm not expecting it to make much noise, but there's always a chance...

Well if anything, trailer hype itself won't really be a match for Aquaman trailer unless it's truly epic. We all know X-Men, even this specific group of them, Aquaman is something new, being underwater spectacle, his first standalone movie and all of that.

But we have seen multiple times when trailer views don’t equal movie ticket sales! Fifty shades of grey is a good example because those trailers broke records but Did mediocre box office

The Fifty shades franchise still made boatloads of cash tho. It's not fair to pit them against traditional blockbusters because they'll always come up short. If you look at genre and it's historical trends, you'll see that the Fifty shades franchise did extremely well. The 1st movie may very well be considered the 3rd biggest (un-adjusted) romantic drama ever in the domestic market. The latter two will also feature in the un-adjusted top 15 of all time. All 3 will be in the un-adjusted top 10 romantic drama of all time in the world-wide market.

In any case, YT views are a good metric to use for International and World-Wide BO. Fifty Shades Darker broke 24hr trailer view record and it did open to the 4th biggest world-wide OW for an R rated movie back then. That's actually quite impressive.

LOL another movie to face Aquaman in box office fight - that Steve Carell's creepy dolls movie got pushed to Dec 21 :)

Just imagine Jason fighting those dolls like I did when I saw that news :)

My only concern about this movie is that it's trying to cram too much in -

Black Manta, Orm, Murk, Nereus, etc.

Oh well, I’ve been worried before and it worked out ok. I mean, Thor ragnarok had Valkyrie and hulk and hela and skurge and civil war had a million people plus Zemo and I couldn’t see how that would work

Oh well, I’ve been worried before and it worked out ok. I mean, Thor ragnarok had Valkyrie and hulk and hela and skurge and civil war had a million people plus Zemo and I couldn’t see how that would work

To be fair though, I think Ragnorak could have actually used some extra screen time. Hela definitely needed more imo.

My only concern about this movie is that it's trying to cram too much in -

Black Manta, Orm, Murk, Nereus, etc.

Take The Conjuring 2. There were so many antagonists there - the old guy, the Nun (which was curiously only added in the reshoots) and for some reason even the Crooked Man was there. Wan made it all work somewhat well. What I worry about is how well he does with exposition and telling the audience the history of Atlantis, the rules of the world etc. This is completely new so there is a lot of things the audience needs to be told about.

Haha Blitzreig the b.o. expert.

I skipped this thread for a few days now posters are worried instead of hyped?

SDCC needs to come now!

Yeah that thing is not stealing anyone's thunder :D

These might challenge for the thunder

Gadot "surprise" appearance (they showed Kristen's pic today)

Shazam trailer

Ben and Reeves on stage together (giggling sarcastically)

Superman announcement (faints then gets up knowing the chance is 1% but have to take it as an absolute)

Oh and Joaquin as the Joker hnnnngh

To be fair though, I think Ragnorak could have actually used some extra screen time. Hela definitely needed more imo.

It was fine. Hela was fierce!

Could be another DOFP, or another Apocalypse. I'm not expecting it to make much noise, but there's always a chance...

I hope its another Wonder Woman!

I hope he joins the rank of Diana, Bruce and Clark, that have at least 1 good solo film.

These might challenge for the thunder

Gadot "surprise" appearance (they showed Kristen's pic today)

Shazam trailer

Ben and Reeves on stage together (giggling sarcastically)

Superman announcement (faints then gets up knowing the chance is 1% but have to take it as an absolute)

Oh and Joaquin as the Joker hnnnngh

Well people are expecting something from WW84 and Shazam but I think even if they show something they won't make it available online unlike with Aquaman

I hope Affleck is not gonna be there or continue on. Just - NO.

Joaquin is definitely not showing up in person to this :)

Oh you could have given Hela her own movie and it wouldn’t be enough lol.

But I think that’s ok. I think people should leave wishing for more. That’s how you know people loved your characters

I’m already looking forward to the blu Ray extras on how the movie was made lol. The DCEU films are pretty good on that with the extras.

Take The Conjuring 2. There were so many antagonists there - the old guy, the Nun (which was curiously only added in the reshoots) and for some reason even the Crooked Man was there. Wan made it all work somewhat well. What I worry about is how well he does with exposition and telling the audience the history of Atlantis, the rules of the world etc. This is completely new so there is a lot of things the audience needs to be told about.

I get what you're saying, but honestly I don't have any concerns over Wan delivering on all fronts.

I would imagine this subreddit will get a few Aquaman posts when the first trailer drops.
https://www.reddit.com/r/thalassophobia/

lFYgXJA.gif

tBgoai9.gif

0y3DeZh.gif

xx0RYEO.gif

They have a lot of promo to do if they are hoping for an earlier release.

I hope they blitz us a bit post SDCC. Jason needs to be everywhere.

I hope they blitz us a bit post SDCC. Jason needs to be everywhere.

If they won't get him to do SNL then WB truly doesn't know what they are doing.

I hope Kidman promotes a lot too there are people out there who will see the film just because she is in it

Waiting for Comic-Con.

source.gif

If they won't get him to do SNL then WB truly doesn't know what they are doing.

I hope Kidman promotes a lot too there are people out there who will see the film just because she is in it

What was the last hit Kidman was in though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"