The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already sold, so after watching this video, I'm not going to watch any more TV spots, trailers or Clips.

I honestly don't know where this whole 'rumor' started of 20 minutes of Aquaman being cut originated from, but Wan, as per usual, lays the smackdown on the rumor mill.

The guy who started the "rumor" is Roster Monster, a hardcore Snyder fan and a total idiot. Just a few weeks ago he tried to get his fellow DCEU stans to spam Brie Larson with pictures making fun of her.

He probably wants Aquaman to fail because it wasn't made by his god.

tumblr_pgpc7iIw8A1qgfbkmo1_500.gif

*cries in why the **** is China getting this before me*

I honestly don't know where this whole 'rumor' started of 20 minutes of Aquaman being cut originated from, but Wan, as per usual, lays the smackdown on the rumor mill.

We need some of that Tom Hardy's Venom spices. :p

The guy who started the "rumor" is Roster Monster, a hardcore Snyder fan and a total idiot. Just a few weeks ago he tried to get his fellow DCEU stans to spam Brie Larson with pictures making fun of her.

This type of approach is what gives fandom a bad name. There are many other Snyder fans who want this movie to succeed, not only this but other movies (like Captain Marvel) as well.

When do you suppose they will have screenings for the Critics in US ?

Normally I would say a month before but that would be Thanksgiving ;)

Honestly I dont know but I think there are some showbiz types around here who would know. This is where we miss guys like roach the most he always had some inside dope :)

Wan has been on point since day 1. Remember when there were rumors he quit and that day he posted a picture of him next to a big poster of Aquaman? (or something like that) He seems to love social media so he knows how to shut down a viral rumor.

Same with Sandberg for Shazam. He loves debunking stuff. Some dude posted what he claimed were character breakdowns and Sandberg pimpslapped him over it.

Woah, really?
I really fond of the guy but I must admit that some of his hardcore fans could be so extreme.
I mean, he showed support for Aquaman solo movie too! Wan, Momoa and Heard said good things about him.

They attack Brie Larson too? We don't need another trigger for brand war, ugh.

Who attacked Brie Larson?
Apparently a fan tried to provoke few fellow fans to spamming mocking pics about Brie Larson. I don't know if the plan hatched but personally I consider it as a petty attack. I admit that this kind of thing is common in internet though.

THE ALL ENCOMPASSING AQUAMAN MOVIE THREAD - PART 7 coming soon it looks like :)

Damn, this movie looks so f'in good and gorgeous. Its like the Thor movie I've always wanted...but with Aquaman lol

New rumor, run time is 140 minutes / 2 hours 20 minutes.

So 2 hours after 20 minutes has been cut. :p

I'm excited for this movie...anyways I'm sure everyone has discussed Jason Momoa's new contact lens by now. His eyes look more yellow-y this time. I couldn't tell, but didn't really look the first time, in the first trailer, but I thought James Wan possibly removed the contact lens, and just made Jason's eyes look more normal. I personally liked the green-gray-whitish contact lenses Zack Snyder applied for Aquaman. It made him look more inhuman or...less human-like, because he is after all, half-Atlantean. I liked the concept, however at the same time, the eyes were slightly over-bearing, and made him look too ghostly. I thought they could have darkened the contact lens a little. But maybe the change is for the better.

I'm excited for this movie...anyways I'm sure everyone has discussed Jason Momoa's new contact lens by now. His eyes look more yellow-y this time. I couldn't tell, but didn't really look the first time, in the first trailer, but I thought James Wan possibly removed the contact lens, and just made Jason's eyes look more normal. I personally liked the green-gray-whitish contact lenses Zack Snyder applied for Aquaman. It made him look more inhuman or...less human-like, because he is after all, half-Atlantean. I liked the concept, however at the same time, the eyes were slightly over-bearing, and made him look too ghostly. I thought they could have darkened the contact lens a little. But maybe the change is for the better.
I agree. Definitely love the pale JL contacts, it's hypnotizing and very cool.
But sometimes, depends on the lighting it kinda blends in with sclera which is maybe their intention and stunning, almost Storm-like. But the vibe it gives him is stone cold, make Aquaman imposing but maybe not suitable for more expressive and warm emotional scene.

These new contacts make him looks like beastly badass, kind of tiger or eagle in a way. It's make him less cold, more approachable too.

I agree. Definitely love the pale JL contacts, it's hypnotizing and very cool.
But sometimes, depends on the lighting it kinda blends in with sclera which is maybe their intention and stunning, almost Storm-like. But the vibe it gives him is stone cold, make Aquaman imposing but maybe not suitable for more expressive and warm emotional scene.

These new contacts make him looks like beastly badass, kind of tiger or eagle in a way. It's make him less cold, more approachable too.

Agreed. I don't know if I like the yellow eyes though, but it's less distracting. The pale eyes did make Arthur look scary and imposing, and it was cool, and it made Aquaman seem more alien-like. I would have liked to have seen his neck have some sort-of fish-like or shark slit gills--but the pale eyes worked on that notion, but in scenes where Arthur wasn't meant to be imposing, the pale eyes were a little over-the-top. If you saw him standing, talking to Barry or Cyborg, he looked like he was ready to murder them. From a distance, those eyes were still noticeable and sometimes too eye-jarring. When you have a blonde-guy who looks so human, but he's a fish-out-of-water, it feels somewhat hard to buy, believing that this guy can breathe underwater. Then you have Superman though, who looks completely human, but making him more physical and showcasing his strength and alien powers made it more effective...and how he flies. Stan Lee always complained about that. Not that I really care. No disrespect to Stan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"