The All Encompassing AQUAMAN Movie Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Lobo, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

Ew, maybe it doesn't work for him. His beard grows in all patchy.

2. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

Movie people have fake beards anyhow.

3. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Fake beards are awesomesauce. :awesome:

4. ThePowerCosmic

Of course the beard would be fake. That was just a rough representation of how he would look.

5. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

He looks like this alley cat that lives behind my house. :o

6. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Where did you think the fake beards come from? :o

7. Anubis

Anubis Sup?

8. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

The beard isn't going to immediately make him "cool". I'd kind of like to see a movie where Aquaman starts off clean shaven, and maybe due of the events of the movie, ends up looking a bit more haggard, with the long hair and beard. Sort of "letting himself go". Maybe he gets a bit too obsessed with his duties.

9. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

Most of the kings in films tend to be older men, as well. Arthur Curry is a young man when he returns to Atlantis.

Isn't Ocean Master a part of Aquaman's origin? After growing up among humans, he learned about his past and returned to Atlantis as a young adult. Then he and his brother both claimed the throne. Such an adventure would focus more on the underwater kingdom than anything else.

And wasn't Black Manta a boy who lived in an orphanage and blamed Aquaman for his parents' death? Years later, as an adult, he takes revenge.
    Your suggestion kind of contradicts that. But if it works, then why not use it?

I rather have one villain per film, myself.

How about this?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

I'd almost go the opposite. And I could see using both Ocean Master and Black Manta in the first film. Use Black Manta as a kind of terrorist to destabilize the surface world/elements of Atlantis, and have Orm working behind the scenes a bit more and pulling strings. Set up a longterm rivalry between Arthur and Black Manta and Ocean Master.

11. ThePowerCosmic

Exactly, and Orm would hire Black Manta to assassinate his brother so that he could take the throne. I want the Aquaman movies to focus on the underwater kingdom/continent of Atlantis and the surrounding ocean more than the surface world.

I wouldn't have Arthur/Orin start out with a beard, I'd have time move forward a few years in the movie after Orin is crowned King of Atlantis; That's when he'd have the beard, and a few more battlescars added to his face/skin to show he's seasoned.

I'd rather have whatever number of villains necessary to serve the story. There would only be one all-out villain in the first, and Orm would be pulling the strings behind the scenes. For the second movie there would be two main villains, with Black Manta's mercenary squad thrown in as well. Black Manta's origin would be altered, so that he'd be an exiled Atlantean instead. The third movie would have Mera's father and Xebel(I'd make it a neighboring continent/Empire of Atlantis) invade Atlantis and the surface world for complete domination.

What he said, only a little different.

12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

If an Aquaman movie is ever made, this scene NEEDS to be recreated in stunning
    IMAX 3D.

[YT]pvSukRdr6Qw[/YT]

13. KingMadness

KingMadness Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Aquaman the character doesn't need a make over, it's his powers and suit that need an extreme makeover. Currently, he is lame. Talk to fish, swim fast, make tridents out of water, orange and green ridiculous colors.

1) Lets lets push Aquaman into waterbender territory and expand on him being able to create tridents with water. He should be able to create a bunch of things with water, like typhoons, whirlpools, shields, swords, now that would be boss.

2) Aquaman is obviously super durable and strong since he can go to the depths of the ocean. That's good, keep that.

3) Aquamans suit colors should be waaaaaay darker in tone. Get rid of the scales, add light armor to torso and pants. So now he looks like an actual king and not a male rent-a-stripper.

14. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

To serve an Aquaman story: no
    To serve YOUR story: yes.
    You have already made up your mind about having the two most well-known villians and then form a story based on that. You kind of force them in, rather than thinking if both of them actually are necessary in a live action adaption for all Aquaman fans and not only a film for yourself.
    His suit isn't more ridiculous than Captain America's. And THAT one has worked well in TWO films.
    Armor? Do you want to Batman-ize him?

15. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

It's always so obvious that the people who ***** about Aquaman have never read anything with Aquaman in it...

16. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

lol w/e aQuamans teh gaynes!!11!1! batman rulz!

17. ThePowerCosmic

I wouldn't think about everyone while making a film, because then I would lose my view of the story/characters and how I wanted to handle them(directors and writers do the same thing, btw. It's impossible to please every fan). I'm taking what I like about the character/world, and telling you my idea of a movie and what I would do personally. I don't force them in, my story fits them in naturally. Arthur meets his brother in Atlantis and eventually becomes king, infuriating Orm. Orm hires an assassin, Black Manta, to kill Arthur so that he can take the throne. There's nothing complicated or forceful about that, it's actually quite simple really.

What you have done is presented your views for the Aquaman movies, based on what you'd like to see. Obviously, not every Aquaman fan shares the same views on how a film should be because I don't agree with your view, just as you don't agree with mine.:whatever:

18. Powerman34

Powerman34 Well-Known Member

Can't believe no one has mention this...how about Liam Hemsworth?
    [​IMG]

19. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

When one suggest an actor, and nobody actually comments on it, it must be a sign that the suggestion was pretty bad.
    Other actors being mentioned, are getting responses all the time.

If people think Rhys Wakefield looks dopey, that may be a fact.
    But I think he could pass as Leonardo Dicaprio's relative, they can be believable as two people related to each other.
    Right or wrong?

20. Powerman34

Or that the boards are slow for the weekend. I think he has the look, he has action move experience, and the studio could get 3 or 4 movies out of him. Bulk him up, just alittle bit shy of how big his brother got for Thor without the beard and there is Arthur

21. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

Powerman34: I referred to Wakefield, not Hemsworth. But I guess you mixed things up and believed I talked about Chris' little brother, right? :)

22. Powerman34

Sorry my bad, I thought my suggestion was not that bad.

23. ЯɘvlveR

ЯɘvlveR danneB

chris hemsworth would be a better choice. i mean, a lot of people want magneto for bats, so why not? :dry: j/k

24. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Well, Liam's got a leaner (but not slight) build than Chris though, which I would think would be better for Aquaman.

25. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

liam actually would'nt be bad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.