The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

Remember when the big thing around here was me fighting off the “they’re gonna cast a A list movie star for Joker after Nicholson, Ledger, Leto and Phoenix”? Now that most of us are on the same page with the smaller names getting cast...I bet they pull a swerve on our asses and cast a movie star for a villain.
everyone thought back in 2020 they were going for a Johnny Depp type

Just wanted to say that I saw The Northman the other night and I was floored by Claes Bang. I know I suggested him for a backup actor for Victor Fries months ago, but now I’m 100 percent on board with Bang playing anyone from Hugo Strange to Scarecrow to Mad Monk to Clayface. I think he’d especially kill it as Strange.

Just wanted to say that I saw The Northman the other night and I was floored by Claes Bang. I know I suggested him for a backup actor for Victor Fries months ago, but now I’m 100 percent on board with Bang playing anyone from Hugo Strange to Scarecrow to Mad Monk to Clayface. I think he’d especially kill it as Strange.

While I am still firmly in the camp that Ralph Ineson should be Dr Hugo Strange, Claes Bang is fantastic and I wholeheartedly agree that he would crush it in a large number of different members of the Rogues Gallery.

Jessica chastain as Poison Ivy would be great, she is a fantastic actress.
Waaaaaay too obvious and doesn't fit the rest of the cast that well.

At this point it's like Dafoe as Joker, Giancarlo Esposito for Freeze, Cranston as Lex, etc.

As much as I can see Keough and others in the role, I’d rather see a natural red head. That’s one of the many reasons why Jessie Buckley is so cool for that part. Ivy would be all about dat natural stuffs. Gotta get an Irish gal so she can square dance with Colin’s waddle ass.

As much as I can see Keough and others in the role, I’d rather see a natural red head. That’s one of the many reasons why Jessie Buckley is so cool for that part. Ivy would be all about dat natural stuffs. Gotta get an Irish gal so she can square dance with Colin’s waddle ass.
What about Barry? Where does he fit into the equation?

They absolutely will not make her corrupt

Probably not, but I actually could see her not making it out of the trilogy alive and intact. Part of a theme of "Fighting against the evil of Gotham is a long war, and you probably won't live to see the end of it. You just have to trust that someone will pick up the banner *when* you fall."

Claes Bang is a fantastic actor, I thought of him after the BBC dracula adaptation. I had some major issues with that adaptation but he was great.

My personal pick would be for Strange, but only because I'm amazed Strange hasn't been used yet. And Claes has got real screen presence he'd be an instant asset to the cast and overall feel of the film.

Wes Studi for Deacon Blackfire!

Another great choice, your reading my mind!!!

I really do hope that some of the lesser known rogues get a chance to be seen for the first time. The cult is in my top 5 favourite Batman stories so would definitely like to see that story adapted in some way, and unfortunatley very relevant with its themes.

Jonathan Groff as Harvey Dent.

jonathan-groff-mindhunter-matrix-novo-filme-shyamalan.jpg MF-Jonathan-Groff-COMP.jpg mindhunter-jonathangroff.jpg

- He has the right age (37 years)
- He was in Mindhunter (and we all know how much Reeves was inspired from Fincher's works)
- He was in Matrix 4 and often the casting choices are based from actor who worked with the production before (Pattinson from Harry Potter and Tenet; Colin Farrell and Barry Kheogan from HBO Max Series; Zoe Kravitz from Fantastic Beasts and so on...).

Anyone suggested him already?

B10455A9-EE38-464D-A579-4CC9BDA57896.jpeg
FB1C3D0E-7170-441F-BA0A-6394DCC6A129.jpeg
Another great choice, your reading my mind!!!

I really do hope that some of the lesser known rogues get a chance to be seen for the first time. The cult is in my top 5 favourite Batman stories so would definitely like to see that story adapted in some way, and unfortunatley very relevant with its themes.
The Cult is also one of my favourite stories. He must be Native American. And Studi is the perfect veteran actor to play the role right now. Of course, he’s getting up there in age though so they better hurry!

Of course this is a grounded take so it’s not going to be some younger actor saying he’s older. Not sure if that would work here. There’s a way to do The Cult where it feels like a remix on the material. Same with Mad Monk who wouldn’t be a vampire or someone who claims he is.

Of course this is a grounded take so it’s not going to be some younger actor saying he’s older. Not sure if that would work here. There’s a way to do The Cult where it feels like a remix on the material. Same with Mad Monk who wouldn’t be a vampire or someone who claims he is.

My issue with quite a few of these potential reinterpretations is that a fair number of them come down to the same thing

People claiming they're X, when they're actually not.

Obviously that'd be fine for a movie, but a part of me is a bit cautious at how redundant that could become

I think David Morse would've been a good Deacon Blackfire back in the day

I went from Joel Edgerton to Javier Bardem to Jared Harris to Claes Bang. I’m good with any of em’. But Claes Bangs real hard.

Bardem may still be my top choice if not equal with Claes Bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"