The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

David Alvarez - Harvey Dent

David-750x375.png

Jack Quaid - Alexander Knox

Don’t you ****ing think about arguing with me.

Also worth mentioning is that people don't take on the accent of their birth parents, persay. They just take on the accent of the environment they grew up in. Just have the Cobblepots be old British money, who moved to Gotham before having Oz and that's why he has the American accent.

Another thing I think could be pretty cool is a reveal the Brooklyn accent is actually Oz exaggerating to fit in with Gotham's underworld crowd. And in actuality, he actually does have a slightly more British accent.
Yes! What I noticed is that Falcone doesn't even have that heavy New Jersey mobster accent. Oz is just trying to fit in that gansgster life by doing things and dressing how he thinks gangsters should dress. He is the opposite to Falcone. Carmine is low key, recluse, and wears just a suit and glasse, just old school. Oz is all about embracing the sterotype of gangsters. Wouldn't be surprised if he made actual penguin ice statues in his new place. At the end of his show I expect oz to finally let go of his insecurities and embrace his penguin name.

Hugo Strange - Ben Stiller

Try that one on for size.

My picks for Strange are Claes Bang, Hugh Grant, Ben Foster and I'm throwing Michael Stuhlbarg in there because cinephiles love him. All great character actors and I see them being in the Arkham Tv show if they ever use Hugo. I'm gonna throw Nic Cage and John Travolta too just for the laughs.

Last edited:
Carrell would have made an interesting older Penguin, with the right prosthetics. I have to say no to him as Strange since I cant take that face seriously even if he’s crying. He just cracks me up.

As for Bennie Safdie for Two Face, well, he plays really weak characters well but i’m not sure if he can do more. If he can, great but I’m not convinced. It’s an inspired choice though and he certainly is that young Jewish guy that would fit how I see Harvey Dent. I think we all talked about him last year.

Austin Butler is on a terror right now. I can guarantee you guys that he’ll be looked at for Dent or Sionis. WB and Reeves would be stupid not to. I think he fits Sionis the best. He’d be in the clear since Dune finishes shooting before Penguin’s in production. But I don’t know how Oscar campaigning works so maybe he’ll be busy with that in February/March?

I swear he’s gonna play Dent if he doesn’t take that Green Arrow role (or something bigger).

Stuhlbarg bores me to tears but he was my pick a couple years ago. Have you guys seen Foster in that new Sandler movie Hustle? He lost weight. I started thinking of Strange while I was watching him.

View attachment 57510
Stuhlbarg is good but his delivery is boring I get you. Maybe he'd be good as a random psychiatrist or Strange's right hand man in Arkham but I don't think he'd be Hugo Strange, Strange recquires a more entertaining actor

My picks for Strange are Claes Bang, Hugh Grant, Ben Foster and I'm throwing Michael Stuhlbarg in there because cinephiles love him. All great character actors and I see them being in the Arkham Tv show if they ever use Hugo. I'm gonna throw Nic Cage and John Travolta too just for the laughs.
Cage as the Doug Moench Hugo Strange is the greatest idea in history. Bang, Foster, Bardem and Edgerton are my main picks but goddamn that’s good.

Picture Cage with those mannequins like in Prey.

Stuhlbarg bores me to tears but he was my pick a couple years ago. Have you guys seen Foster in that new Sandler movie Hustle? He lost weight. I started thinking of Strange while I was watching him.

View attachment 57510

lol he does have the look. Always loved Ben Foster. He was slimy in Hustle tho—maybe Foster’s better suited as an enforcer-type role for Penguin, or a competing mobster?

I still think The Batman should supplant Hugo Strange with Jeremiah Arkham but that’s beyond the point. I like Kevin Bacon for the psychiatrist role.

Michael Mando for Deadshot. Hired by a gangster (Thorne, Cobblepot, Sionis - pick your poison) to take down one of their rivals. Which leads to a job to take down the Batman in the third act.

If Rupert Thorne is in the Penguin show, and Reeves’ fingerprints are all over the structure of those scripts, then I’m positive Matt will be looking into Rupert’s history. Same with the other new villains. You can’t read the 70’s Thorne stories without stumbling onto Deadshot. I can say the same about Silver St Cloud but that’s an old discussion.

I don’t see Will Smith playing this character again. If he does, it won’t be for a while. Gunn talked about creating a Bloodsport spin off so there doesn’t seem to be room for Floyd in the DCEU. Smith may not even get that opportunity considering what happened recently.

Big Bat Theory seems to think an older Deadshot (like a John Hawks) would work better. Sounds good. But I’m still gonna go with Mando. He killed it in the latest Better Call Saul stuff as Nacho Varga. If it was up to me I’d have Mando (Nacho) as Deadshot and Fabian (Howard Hamlin) as Thorne :)

THE BATMAN saga
dir. Matt Reeves saga
the-batman-rescue.gif

Bruce Wayne / Batman:
Robert Pattinson, 36
Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Zoë Kravitz, 33
Commissioner Jim Gordon: Jeffrey Wright, 56
Alfred Pennyworth: Andy Serkis, 58

SUPPORTING
Dick Grayson: D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai, 20
Andrea Beaumont: Ana de Armas, 34
Thomas Elliot: Boyd Holbrook, 40
D.A. Harvey Dent: John David Washington, 38
Dr. Leslie Thompkins: Patricia Clarkson, 62

ROGUES GALLERY
Dr. Jeremiah Arkham: Kevin Bacon, 64
Kirk Langstrom / Man-Bat: Tom Pelphrey, 40
Victor Fries / Mr. Freeze: Woody Harrelson, 61
Pamela Isley / Poison Ivy: Elisabeth Moss, 40
Solomon Grundy: Dave Bautista, 53
Lazlo Valentin / Professor Pyg: Bennie Safdie, 36
Arnold Wesker / Ventriloquist: Stephen McKinley Henderson, 72

FULL CAST GALLERY
Bruce Wayne / Batman: Robert Pattinson, 36
1651076097_194247_1651076211_noticia_normal.jpg

Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Zoë Kravitz, 33
catwoman-zoe-kravitz.jpg

Commissioner Jim Gordon: Jeffrey Wright, 56
intro-1598793411.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth:
Andy Serkis, 58
760D75BC-3786-4DAC-A1F5-A66DE2F9DB1E-1024x576.jpeg

SUPPORTING
Dick Grayson: D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai, 20
63659-1632212386.jpg

Andrea Beaumont: Ana de Armas, 34
220616102834-01-blonde-netflix-super-tease.jpg

Thomas Elliot: Boyd Holbrook, 40
boyd_holbrook.jpg

D.A. Harvey Dent: John David Washington, 38
r0_0_1200_675_w1200_h675_fmax.jpg

Dr. Leslie Thompkins: Patricia Clarkson, 62
MV5BMzhhODM1MGMtMmFhYS00OTY0LWI0ZTktODU5ZmM0OTI2ZGI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg

ROGUES GALLERY
Dr. Jeremiah Arkham: Kevin Bacon, 64
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F605f7b02aef4308d0ffd8cc1%2FKevin-Bacon-stars-as-corrupt-FBI-Agent-Jackie-Rohr-in--City-on-a-Hill--%2F960x0.jpg

Kirk Langstrom / Man-Bat: Tom Pelphrey, 40
ben-davis-ozark-1212897.jpg

Victor Fries / Mr. Freeze: Woody Harrelson, 61
011128_1280x720_968391_202.jpg

Pamela Isley / Poison Ivy: Elisabeth Moss, 40
THT-D10-Ep407-SG-0288rt-copy.jpg

Solomon Grundy: Dave Bautista, 53
dave-bautista-blade-runner-2049.jpg

Lazlo Valentin / Professor Pyg: Bennie Safdie, 36
licoricepizzajoelwachsinterviewofficialclipignblogroll-1641497005742.jpg

Arnold Wesker / Ventriloquist: Stephen McKinley Henderson, 72
0053cbe2bebdda4922f766fc48ed8003.jpg