The All New and Improved Batman Reboot Casting Thread

I like the Fraser suggestion for Bullock. Fleshler I kinda wanted as Professor Pyg but he wouldn't necessarily be bad, idk if his appearance in Joker cancels anything out tho lol (obviously probably not ) . McBride, depends on if he can take it at least a bit seriously. Tbf I think he's doing stuff a tiny bit more serious lately anyways, correct?

And no to Rappapapapapapapaaart and some other goofy ones

How about Oliver Platt as Thorne?

oliver_platt.jpg

When I hear "upper crust", I think WASPy, old money, went to Yale, that sort of thing.

Brendan Gleeson would be a helluva choice for Thorne.

And then find some great character actor for Hamilton Hill. I want full BTAS vibes, goddammit.

What Oliver Platt roles have you guys been watching lol?

Holy... ****! lol Platt's played everything from a struggling actor in The Imposters to George Steinbrenner in The Bronx is Burning. Sure, some of his more recent roles can be described as men of influence. But being a man of influence (e.g., a chief physician at the Mayo Clinic) doesn't necessarily make you upper crust, not by a long shot! :funny:

Of all the things I’ve seen fights break out over on this damn site, I never could’ve guessed I would see one fought over Oliver Pratt’s range.

Last edited:
I associate Oliver Platt and Richard Kind with each other, not sure why. I’m in no hurry to see Platt join the DC universe. He’s ok. If we’re going with an actor from the X-Men movies as Thorne, give it to Bryan Cox.

I associate Oliver Platt and Richard Kind with each other, not sure why. I’m in no hurry to see Platt join the DC universe. He’s ok. If we’re going with an actor from the X-Men movies as Thorne, give it to Bryan Cox.

Cox is a perfect choice.

I don’t really want him to play Thorne though. I’d rather get someone that hasn’t played a supervillain already.

I wanted Albert Brooks as Penguin, but he could work as Thorne too.

I don’t really want him to play Thorne though. I’d rather get someone that hasn’t played a supervillain already.

I wanted Albert Brooks as Penguin, but he could work as Thorne too.
Great choice. Something like his character in Drive would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"