Reaction score
asmlogo.png

Gamemasters & Staff
Andy C. - Game Master
Eddie Brock-
Co-Game Master
Batman - Founder

ASM2.png

It all began in the harsh winter of 1940, when a young colonel by the name of Nicholas Fury oversaw the birth of America's last line of defense - The Super Soldier. As a bi-product of the infant organization known as SHIELD, a young patriot was selected for the process that was hoped to generate an army of superhuman warriors that would steer the war out of Germany's hands. But instead of several, they only got one. And he would become the standard for which every follower would be judged upon.

Steve Rogers, the iconic hero during the Last Great War, practically willed the Allies to victory in World War II. Sadly, America lost it's symbol of freedom when their "Captain America" was murdered in his own home in nineteen-sixty-eight. Some suspected anti-war terrorists who opposed the Vietnam War, but the case was never solved. Cap's only family, his wife Gail and son James, were left to grieve and pick up the pieces of a shattered life. After a failed run to keep Roger's memory alive with a squadron called The Invaders, Nick Fury disbanded the team and disappeared, seemingly putting an end to his era of SHIELD.

The death of Captain America, on top of the war slipping away in Vietnam, left much of America weary and at a loss. But some bold visionaries stepped to the forefront to help their country out of it's dire position. Master inventor and business mogul Howard Stark came forward and offered his help. His company, the fast-rising Stark Industries, signed a extremely lucrative military contract to become the country's leading supply in the business of warfare. And the reason Stark Industries was chosen above the multitude of other was the Iron Men - robot soldiers equipped with the highest grade of combat systems that only Howard's genius could create.

In the early 1990's, Professor Charles Xavier was a prominent face on the political frontline in the growing mutant problem. A supporter of the Mutant Registration Act, Xavier was the strongest voice in getting the proposed MRA made into law. Sadly though, the Professor, who had spent his life working with mutants, died before seeing the Act come to pass. Xavier's one-time friend, Erik Lensherr, who was also the acts strongest opposition, went underground. Over the years the act has been enforced, Magneto has provided a safe haven for frightened and hunted mutants, and has been fighting a war with the US government that oppresses his people.

Now, The United States has decided to fight back. At the newly founded Xavier Institute, the government trains and teaches mutants how to use their powers safely and effectively. The mutants that show the most potential are then conscripted into The X-Men, the elite branch of mutant soldiers of the United States military. Among this battle also sees the return of SHIELD's forces, now renamed HAMMER and led by an eager young woman named Sharon Carter - Director 13. Their mission is one of grave importance, and may affect the history of the world itself: To return Captain America, one way or another.

With many heroes and villains on the rise, it is only a matter of time until the world will know how it feels... to look upon Marvels.

Since the rise of numerous heroes and villains began, great upheavals have occurred in the structure that government organizations like HAMMER had strove so hard to maintain. Captain America, the son of the original Captain and HAMMER's pet project, has broken free from his masters and declared independence with the formation of a vigilante group called The Avengers, after standoffs between the heroes and Director 13 in the middle of attacks carried out by Super Skrull and the Red Skull. Likewise, the mutant task force known as the X-Men has staged a mutiny and become a civilian force, attempting to balance the delicate standoff between humans and mutants.

Organized crime syndicates in New York have toppled due to the actions of vigilantes like Spider-Man and The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, while the Fantastic Four has journeyed through time and learned of an impending doom....the coming of the planet-devourer Galactus.

Across the country and around the world, a new day breaks across the horizon.

The Age of Marvels has begun.

ASM4.png

Welcome to All-Star Marvel! This RPG is based off of a player-created continuity, similar to Hype's Ultimate DC RPG. Outside of the above, and what the players themselves create, there is no pre-established continuity. As players, it will be your job to take the basic ideas and characters of the Marvel Universe, and accordingly, reinvent them into however you see fit. Though it is your choice of how drastic the alterations should be, you are free to customize everything from a character's origin to motivations, identity, mannerisms, costume, powers, and world. Let your imagination run wild.

To apply for a character, fill out the application supplied below. If your application is rejected, do not despair! Simply rework what the Gamemasters tell you is wrong with it, or in the case of multi-applications, choose another character. All players are welcome, regardless of membership status or postcount.

ASM3.png

* You may choose any character appearing in any strictly Marvel Universe (Ranging from 616, Ultimate, MC2, and others), and revamp them for All-Star continuity. Any character appearing outside of Marvel, such as DC or Amalgam characters, will not be applicable. Players are allowed two characters, with the option to play a third becoming available if they have proven themselves able to consistently post with their first two characters for at least 30 days.

* In the beginning, each and every character will be up for grabs. Multiple players will be allowed to apply for the same character, leaving the best application to be judged and approved by the Gamemasters. In order to be eligible, you must post your application within 12 hours after the first was submitted.

* You must post at least once every 30 days, though it is preferred you post more, or your character will be up-for-grabs. Failure to post after a month will result in removal from the roster. You can re-apply for the character, but you will have one "strike" against you. Once you reach three strikes, you will not be allowed to re-apply for said character.

*On a similar note, once your character's application is approved, you must post in the IC thread within three weeks of its approval, or the application will be considered null and void, and you will have to re-apply.

* PC's are not to be killed without permission. Nameless NPC's are fine, but PC's or important NPC's will require authorization. Don't do anything random, such as destroying the universe, either. Such behavior is frowned upon.

* Several storylines can be going on at once, in order to interact with other players. If a player's character does not want to be involved in another's storyline, they do not have to. Consultation and communication are the keys to a good PC-to-PC interaction.

* Legacy characters (IE: Sidekicks) will be required to be permitted by the player orchestrating the mentor's role in All-Star. For instance, if you want to play Patriot or Nomad, your acceptance will hinge on the player playing Captain America, and his thoughts.

* You can travel anywhere on Earth or off-planet, provided it is within your character's means. Time-travel is forbidden, unless it is specifically required of your character choice.

* You are your character, so act like them. Create or portray their mannerisms, powers, and ideals to how they have been established in the game. BE the character - do not, under any circumstances, play yourself as the character.

* Respect the Gamemasters. If they make a request of you regarding the game, listen to them. Failure to adhere to GM, AGM, and Hype! Moderator requests will result in expulsion from the game.

* Be creative, and do not be afraid to try new and exciting things with old concepts. This is a new continuity - the laws of the regular Marvel Universe are not set in stone.

* All regular Hype rules apply. And finally, the most important rule of all: Have fun. Never take the game too seriously, or you will have lost the point. Heated arguments between players can result in probations or infractions - do not ruin it for other players. It's only a game, people.

ASM1.png

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Basic history of the character (Up until this point):

Why Have You Chosen That Character?:

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?):

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

ROSTER

HEROES:

"'72 Chevy"
(Sgt. Tork, Denzel "Daz" Pierce, Jean DeWolff and Vin Gonzales)
Harlekin and Byrd Man

Captain America
Andy C.

Cyclops
Carnage27

Howard the Duck
Rain Dog

Iron Man
Carnage27

Mimic
Mr. Majestic

Mister Fantastic
Byrd Man

Spider-Man
Andy C.

VILLAINS:

WALKING THE LINE:

[FONT=&quot]The Hulk
[/FONT]Sabetoonth

Matt Murdock, the Devil of Hell's Kitchen
Byrd Man

For information on specific characters, please consult the All-Star Marvel section of the Hype RPGs Wiki page first, or send a Private Message to the GM (Andy C.)

Wiki page (still under construction):
http://superherohyperpg.wetpaint.com...tar+Marvel+RPG

Last edited:
The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Anthony Edward Stark / Iron Man

Powers: The right side of Tony's body is lined with bionic prosthetics and enhancements which grant him slightly above average strength and endurance. Additionally, he has a miniature arc reactor - the powercore of every Iron Man unit - installed in his chest. This allows him to power his armor.

Tony pilots a suit of armor equipped with all the latest Stark technology and weaponry. The armor grants him superstrength, flight, powerful repulsor beams, extreme endurance, and much more in addition to any number of upgrades imaginable.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Tony Stark resented the way he was raised. From a very young ago, Howard Stark groomed his only son to be the heir to the Stark Industries fortune. Tony was dragged along to business meetings and directors meetings and all other kinds of meetings, and he was denied a true childhood.

Tony rebelled in his adolescence, frequently being kicked out of prestigious boarding and prep schools. Eventually, he abandoned his father, took some of the family fortune, and blew it on booze and women. Tony gained a widespread reputation as a drunkard, a womanizer, and a spoiled socialite. One day, when he had finally sunk so low that he could stand it no more, Tony returned home.

Howard welcomed his son with open arms, but there was bad news. Howard's doctors had discovered a terminal brain tumor. Howard's brain was a ticking time bomb, and no one knew when it would go off. As part of his father's final wishes, Tony enlisted in the military to gain the discipline he would need to run Stark Industries. While overseas, Tony was badly wounded by an IED explosion.

Howard saved Tony's life through the use of an experimental procedure using bionic prosthetics. Some time later, he succumbed to his brain tumor and died. Tony inherited Stark Industries and set out on a quest to maintain and restore his father's great legacy. He enlisted the help of a Stark engineer, Virginia "Pepper" Potts, along with JARVIS, an artificial intelligence program created by his father. Pepper retrofitted the Iron Man suit, Howard Stark's greatest creation, so that Tony could control it from the inside.

Tony operated anonymously as Iron Man for months, eliminating terrorist cells and tracking the source inside Stark Industries. Eventually, he identified it as one Obadiah Stane, the current CEO and one of Howard's old business partners. Tony ousted Obadiah, seized control of Stark Industries (now renamed Stark Enterprises), and revealed his identity to the world.

Obadiah returned for revenge as the Iron Monger, but he was vanquished by Iron Man - who has now begun an extensive PR campaign to promote the Avengers and distill the negative rumors propagated by HAMMER.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Isn't it obvious? Tony's loads of fun. Booze, women, money, and superheroics. Whether you love him, hate him, or love to hate him, Tony's a complex character that would give any writer enough fodder for a lifetime.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Well, the secret is out, so now Tony can become an even bigger celebrity than he already is. He's very much the public face of the Avengers, and with Obadiah Stane dead and the proliferation of Stark weapons under control, Tony has all the time in the world to promote himself and Iron Man.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Well, with the exception of a few fits and starts, I played Iron Man for virtually the entirety of Season 1. I laid a lot of groundwork for myself, and I'm ready to really get into the good stuff now that the origin's out of the way.

Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

The fight with Whiplash drained my suit of most of its power. It also compromised my outer shell. It's hardly the ideal situation to be in going into the final showdown with Obadiah. For that reason, I make my way to my penthouse before heading off to Stark Enterprises. Dropping in through the skylight, I land with a hard thud in the middle of the living room.

Pepper's converted the place into her own personal workshop, just like I asked her to. Tools and spare parts are strewn about the room. The place smells vaguely of diesel fuel and motor oil. And in the far corner is Pepper's pride and joy, the project I assigned her immediately following the Stark Expo.

The Mark IV.

It's only been seven months since Stark debuted its newest line of Iron Men, the Patriot. And yet, in that time, Pepper has managed to take all their work and make it obsolete. She did what it took a team of engineers almost half a year to do: build a better Iron Man. Lighter, faster, and with increased energy supply, the Mark IV is the future realized. And I can think of no better occasion to give it its proper field test.

After climbing out of the Mark II, I scurry to Pepper's computer and begin the powering-up sequence for the Mark IV. The suit blinks to life with a whir. She's a real beaut. I open her up and climb inside. It's been more than fifteen minutes. "Jarvis?"

"Primed and ready for action, sir," Jarvis responds as the new suit's HUD opens. "I must say, the Mark IV looks exquisite."

"Well, then, let's go find Pepper and show her the fruits of her labor."

im-1.jpg

Other two applications forthcoming. For now, I actually have time to start working on my share of the Wiki.

Character you would like to play Frank Castle (The Punisher)

Powers: With much experience with weapons and close combat

Basic history of the character (Up Until this point): A sleeper agent of SHIELD it comes back on when he sees his family being killed by members of a gang

Why You Have Chosen That Character?: Because I believe that this character can create interesting stories in the style of TV police

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I'll try that the origin of the character to stay with what happened in the last rpg stories but I will put the character in situations that have more to do with comics MAX.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
Compelling stories
Interesting events
Please provide a small sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three Paragraphs / one line of dialogue, maximum six Paragraphs):

Agent Cobal never expected to achieve something of your profição, as police in new york will have almost 5 years would not expect even less to stay with a case as important as something related to Frank Castle. He was now seeing an amount of corpses from the Skulls, a known gang that has been terrorising the neighborhood.
Who found them? He asked
There was a shooting here, anybody near the neighborhood would notice! Said the cop that was warned of the event.
Humm, sorry, i'm not acostumed to this kind of cases.
I can notice that.
7 hors before
The woman walks into my direction,
Want anything else baby?
Not at all b***.
I know i shouldn't have said that but when i'm drunk i can say some pretty stupid thing, the woman seems to want to slap my face, but she doesn't because i'm a client and from my bad ass look she assumes i'm dangerous, as any smart person in this place of the town only dangerous men show up, it's even interesting the fact that a girl with her looks has guts to work in a bar like this, in a place like this, in an hour like this.
Whoops, almost forgot the reason i'm here, there they are, the skulls gang, in the last 2 months they have been killing to bring fear into peoples thoughts, but they don't scare me ( probably because the little imagination they had with the name they gave to themselves, The skulls, really?).
As i see them entering the bar i bick my gun and granade, i wait some more minutes until i make sure almost everybody exited the bar, then i show my gun to the woman that some minutes ago i just called a s**** (or something like that) and make signal so that she knows that staying there isn't very wise, i throw my grenade to the table the gant was at and with my pistol i ready myself to take care of those who are lucky enough to survive the explosion.
7 and a half later
And that's what we think that happened inside the bar.
Not big news.
In least wish me luck with the case
No deal, Frank was the best thing to happen in these streets, he's doing what we can't

Eddie Brock is APPROVED for Iron Man.

And Cocreator.....umm.....did you actually read what was done with Castle in Season 1?

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Reed Richards

Powers: The ability to stretch his body and every extremity to well past the human limit. Reed could very well be the smartest man on the planet, with an IQ close to 250.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Reed Richards was born a child prodigy, the only child of steelworker Nathan and secretary Evelyn Richards. Reed was reading when he was two years old, and built a working airplane at the age of ten. Reed was fifteen when he enrolled at Empire State University and made fast friends with Victor Von Doom. A fateful accident on one of Doom's illegal projects caused the majority of Doom's body to be covered with third degree burns, and he was expelled from school. Reed, who helped his friend on the project, was placed on academic suspension for the incident.

At the age of nineteen, Reed graduated ESU with his first doctorate, this one in physics. He went on to receive doctorates in chemistry, mathematics, and US History (he's a history buff, so sue me!)

At the age of twenty-five, Reed joined a think tank project in downtown Manhattan, based out of the Baxter Building. There he met and fell in love with biologist Sue Storm. Reed and Sue were chosen by the US government to head a NASA project. Working out of the Baxter Building, Reed and Sue were joined with astronaut Ben Grimm to unlock the secrets of space by inventing the world's first warp drive, capable of sending a space shuttle from Earth to the edge of the solar system in a few seconds.

When the government announced they were cutting the project's funding, Reed took it upon himself to see if the warp drive would work. Taking Sue, Ben, and Sue's younger brother Johnny, the four went to the launch site, installed Reed's warp drive, and blasted off into space. Reed started the warp drive once in position. The spaceship disappeared in a blinding white light.

Ninety minutes later, the shuttle returned to Earth's atmosphere with all four of its passenger's unconscious and forever changed. Reed can manipulate and stretch his body to any form or size. Sue has the ability to turn invisible and create force fields. Johnny gained the ability of pyrokinesis and can make his whole body burst into flames without being damaged. Ben's entire body-skin, bones, organs-all were changed to hard rock. He is nigh invulnerable and has super-strength.

HAMMER and the US Government seen the upside to these powers. With Air Force general William Lumpkin as their commander and handler, the four are dispatched to far-corners of the globe to investigate strange and unusual phenomenon. Known publicly as Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and The Thing. They have become the Fantastic Four.

Since that time, the Four have dealt with the forces of Latveria, a rogue time cop, and an omniscient voyeur. Now they prepare for the coming test of Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: I wanna do some crazy-ass Silver Age exploration stories with Reed and the FF, and then there's the new storylines with Galactus, his Herald, and the impending destruction. TEH END IS NIGH!!!!!!!!!!

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): This version is a blend of 616 and Ult. Reed. When he gets his powers, they'll be closer to Ult. Reed. EBJ changed Johnny and I'm leaving Sue mostly intact. Ben will be slightly different when it comes to him adjusting to his new life.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A decent RPer who's been here for almost five years! I can also bring Mr. Fantastic and his fighting four!

The Pentagon

The Under Secretary of Defense looks over my proposals for a few minutes before looking up. "Hmm...and you say this actually happened?"

"Yes, sir. I have the rest of the team as witnesses."

"So this Watcher character warned you that a 'great and impending doom was coming in the form of a Great Devourer'?"

"Well...if you put it like that, it sounds-"

"We appreciate all the work you and your team has done for us, Doctor, we really do. Right now, we got a bit more on our plate. We're dealing with prima donna men in iron suits, a nuke detonated in Nebraska-"

"Well, I have a formula that may help get rid of the irradiated soil and fallout."

"Be that as it may, we don't have time to deal with space monsters, especially when the Hubble and NASA gives us the all clear."

I prepare to launch my counter argument, but the Under Secretary puts his hand up as his phone rings. "I gotta take this.....Yes, this is he.....Yes, ma'am....I have him right here in front of me.....Will do."

The Under Secretary hangs up and stands up behind his desk. "That was the Secretary of State herself. She wants you at the United Nations tomorrow morning."

"What? Why?"

The Under Secretary flicks on a small TV resting on his desk. The CNN coverage shows tanks rolling through countryside, a Latverian coat of arms on each of the armored vehicles.

"Looks like you're old school chum is invading Hungary. As the foremost expert in Von Doom and his state of mind, you're to testify before the UN Security Council."

The first 10 pages, can you tell me some of the things that happened so that i can change the story if there's any problem, sorry for any incovenience or gramatic errors, i'm still training my english

Eddie Brock played Castle for a good while in Season 1. I'd recommend looking up his run as Frank (use the Advanced Search function) and editing your app around that.

Byrd Man is APPROVED as Reed Richards.

Thanks, by the way, what happened to ultimaterpg?

Last edited:
The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play:
Matt Murdock/The Devil of Hell's Kitchen

Powers: None. Although Matt is adept in many forms of self-defense taught to him by Stick, a Hell's Kitchen karate master.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Born in Hell's Kitchen, Matthew Murdock grew up the son of legendary boxer Jack Murdock and former ring girl Grace Murdock. Matt was born blind, and struggled early on to adapt to the world. A local blind man, known only as Stick, took Matt under his wing and showed Matt not only how to thrive in the seeing world, but to defend himself. During his childhood, he was easily goaded by friends and classmates into performing stunts, earning him the nickname of "Daredevil".

When Matt was 15, trouble struck the Murdock house when Jack refused to throw a fixed fight. Local hood Roscoe "The Fixer" Sweeney dispatched his men to the Murdock house, where Matt was tortured and Grace Murdock was gunned down. From then on, Jack threw the fights the Fixer asked him to, and Matt was emotionally scared for the rest of his life.

Both Murdock men took Grace's death in different ways. Jack became more engrossed in his fighting career, while Matt began to seek justice. As Jack started to slowly climb the rungs of the fighting world ladder, Matt graduated from high school and enrolled at Columbia University.

June 16th, 2007 was the day of penance for the Murdock men. As Matt graduated from Columbia Law School that afternoon, Jack was poised to fight for the Heavyweight Championship that night.

Unbeknown to his father, Matt skipped the prime-time fight that night. He headed to the Hell's Kitchen gym owned by The Fixer and killed him. Around the same time Matt was getting justice, his father was sent sprawling to the canvas floor where he died. Jack Murdock had taken one concussion too many.

Now, Matt works as a partner in Nelson & Murdock Law Firm with college friend Foggy Nelson. During the nights, Matt seeks out those who wish to seek justice and accepts them into his secret order. He is the guardian of Hell's Kitchen. Its Guardian Devil.

After the murder of Silvermane, the group is currently disbanded. Luke Cage is in jail, while Brubaker, Shang Chi, and North were all kicked out of the group for disobeying Murdock's orders and rules.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Daredevil is one of my all time favorite characters, and I have a pretty cool idea for him (thanks to MB's help) I also want to continue after the way I left the first season, with the group broken apart and going their own ways. Even though their all split apart, the decisions of last season will effect them all in important ways.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): First off, Matt is blind from birth and doesn't have powers. He gets by on his sheer will. Also, his quest is more for his mother than his father. She is the one he seeks out justice for. The big change is Daredevil. While he still protects as the devil, he is the leader of The Devils a group that protects Hell's Kitchen. Matt's group of vigilantes are all dressed as devils, all of them seeking absolute justice and sticking to the code of "eye for an eye". Personality wise, I see Matt as a mix between 616 DD, Tyler Durden, and Dexter Morgan.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): A decent RPer with experience on these boards, and a DD fan.

Hell's Kitchen

The grunts and groans echoed through the empty void. The space was completely devoid of light, save a small spotlight pointed at at bloody and beaten man hanging from the rafters, his arms wrapped in chains. The man had been stripped naked. Two men stood around just on the outside of the light and waited for him to catch his breath.

"We can do this all night," Luke Cage told him. "But you looking a little tired, homie. Something tells me you ain't gonna make it to the sunrise. Not unless you give us what we want."

Another man stepped out of the shadow. His mask had been removed, revealing his dark hair and olive complexion. His name was Shang Chi. He walked next to the beaten man and casually drove his fist into the man's sternum, pounding his already beaten kidneys. "Tell us what we want to know."

The man coughed hard, spitting up blood and splattering the concrete floor. His name was Jimmy Portofino. A lieutenant in the Manfredi Crime Family, he had been snatched in the middle of the night by these two men. He was one of the top henchmen for the crimelord known as Silvermane.

Silvermane had hired an assassin and that assassin had killed two men that were coworkers of a sort to Cage and Chi. The men they knew as only Devil Five and Six had given their lives for absolute justice.

"Tell us what you know," a voice spoke from deep in the darkness. The voice startled Portofino. It was Him. The Devil of Hell's Kitchen. "Tell us who killed our friends. Who did Silvermane hire?"

Chi calmly stared at Portofino before delivering a backhanded slap to his face. Blood dripped down the mobster's face and his whole body began shaking in fright. "P-p-please, I don't wanna die."

"There is nothing we can do about that. You've made your lot in life. You're garbage, pure and simple. You either tell us what we know and die with as clear of a conscious as filth like you will ever have, or you simply die."

"**** you, then!" Provofino spat.

"I would consider that if I were you. Three."

Shang Chi nodded and pressed his palm into Portofino's side. The man screamed out in pain as the Devil pressed his pressure point. "My friend here can make your death be the most painful experience in your life. Every nerve ending in your body screaming out in pain. Before it's over, you'll be begging for death."

"I hope Bullseye kills every one of you ***holes!"

"Two. Three."

Cage stepped out from the shadow with a baseball bat filled with nails. "We have a name, gentlemen. Have fun with our uncooperative friend."

The Devil of Hell's Kitchen listened from his spot in the shadows as his two soldiers took turns beating the mid-level mobsters to death.

Thanks, by the way, what happened to ultimaterpg?

UltimateRPGs is a generic account used by anyone with GM status to help run the games. I just posted the initial posts so I can do updates on the roster and whatnot without having to log off and on with different accounts.

Byrd is APPROVED yet again for Matt Murdock.

My own apps will be up tonight, after I get some dinner.

I'm trying not to write a novel for Iron Man's wiki. I really am. :csad:

Heh, Spider-Man's bio is massive. And that's not even including the write-ups I'm going to have to do for his supporting cast and all the different villains he's faced.

Heh, Spider-Man's bio is massive. And that's not even including the write-ups I'm going to have to do for his supporting cast and all the different villains he's faced.
I can imagine. Well, I tried, but Iron Man's history is huge. In any event, it's more for my sake right now so that I can keep track of who I've introduced. And if I ever drop IM and someone else picks him up, they have pretty much the most-detailed recap I could give them.

Now, if only that was the only page I had to do. :csad:

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Jonathan Lowell Spencer Storm / The Human Torch

Powers: Johnny has pyrokinesis, including the ability to cover his entire body in flames without any harm. He's completely immune to heat and fire, and his Torch state makes him lightweight enough for sustained flight.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Johnny Storm never had much of a father figure to look up to. His dad, Dr. Franklin Storm, was a genius, but he had a gambling problem. Gambling led to drinking, and soon enough Franklin had practically thrown his life away. He left his wife, Mary, as well as Johnny and his sister, Sue.

Johnny acted out, and it was always up to Sue to rein him back in. Johnny was so wrapped up in his problems that he was oblivious to the strain it put on his mother having to raise two children alone. Still, once Johnny graduated from high school, he packed his bags and set off for Hollywood.

Johnny's good looks and sly charm made him a hit amongst the ladies. Though he never really had a "breakout hit," he was leading the good life, and he was happy. He even reunited with Sue, who had begun to date Dr. Reed Richards, one of the smartest men in the world. All was well.

One fateful day, Johnny tagged along as Reed attempted a dangerous experiment in space. Ninety minutes after Reed activated the warp drive, the passengers of the spaceship had changed. Reed could stretch to incredible lengths. Sue was capable of invisibility and creating force fields. Ben had been turned into living, breathing stone. And Johnny was a hothead, literally.

When HAMMER contracted the Fantastic Four, as they were dubbed, to act as paranormal agents, Johnny was thrilled. Even after fighting off Dr. Doom and his Latverian allies and surviving a harrowing trial at the hands of a rogue timelord, Johnny still maintains his same enthusiasm about being a superhero.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Johnny's concentrated fun. Pure and simple. He's an ass, a hothead, self-centered, and a ladies' man, but that's why I love him. He's a flawed character, but he takes it all with a laugh.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Well, Johnny's a movie star, so he's been dealing with fame since he was eighteen years old. He loves it. He craves it. And now that he's a bonafide superhero, it'll be fun to explore how that will affect his acting career.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Well, it seems like very often RPGs get shafted when it comes to having a proper Fantastic Four, but Byrd seems committed to it. And so am I.

"Wow. I can't believe we're going out like this," I think aloud. Very few things in this world give Jonathan Lowell Spencer Storm pause. It takes a serious matter to make me stop and think. And death? Well, that's a serious matter. "A world without Johnny Storm. Crazy thought."

I give a little smile to show I'm kidding. Now's not the time to be my usual, self-centered self.

"Hey, Sue?"

"Yeah?"

I sigh. "Look, I know it's ancient history, and everything's all patched up now, but...I'm sorry about our falling out. When Dad left, I wasn't really...equipped...emotionally to deal with that. In a lot of ways, I guess I'm still not."

"Don't worry about it, Johnny. We were just kids. We didn't know any better."

"And Ben? I know I give you a lot of crap, but it's only because I view you as the big brother I never had," I admit. "And Reed? I always liked you for Sue. You two were...are....a good fit."

Man, imagine if TMZ got that on camera. Goodbye, bad-boy reputation.

Eddie Brock is APPROVED for Johnny Storm!

I can imagine. Well, I tried, but Iron Man's history is huge. In any event, it's more for my sake right now so that I can keep track of who I've introduced. And if I ever drop IM and someone else picks him up, they have pretty much the most-detailed recap I could give them.

Now, if only that was the only page I had to do. :csad:

Edited the FF page the best I could, feel free to edit it as you see fit.

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application
Character you would like to play: Peter Parker/The Spectacular Spider-Man

Powers:

His genetic code drastically re-written, Parker’s muscles and tendons have increased in density and tension, granting him super-human strength that would easily rival the military’s Super Soldier from the Second World War, as well as speed and agility that would put even Captain America to shame. On top of that, his hands and feet have grown tiny retractable scopula pads, microscopic hairs that allow him to cling to virtually any surface via the van der Waals Effect. He is extremely sensitive to sudden vibrations in the air around him, which, combined with a dramatically increased reaction time, results in a ‘spider-sense’ that allows him to detect virtually any oncoming danger.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point):

Peter Parker never knew his real parents: his mother died from complications in childbirth, and his grief-stricken father in an alcohol-fuelled car accident days later. Instead, Peter was raised by his uncle Ben Parker and his aunt May in a relatively peaceful neighborhood in Brooklyn. Although they could never really replace his birth parents (at least in their minds), they did their best with him--Aunt May doted on him and Uncle Ben did what he could to teach him right from wrong. Peter never went hungry a day in his life--although Uncle Ben often would so his nephew wouldn’t have to. They did everything they could to raise the boy right, nearly losing the house in order to pay the extra money to have Peter enrolled in advanced classes in school.

Throughout school, he was always exceptionally bright, which led to him getting routinely bullied by a never-ending line of meat-heads who felt the need to compensate for their own stupidity by bringing him down. Always friendly but never popular, Peter never had much of a life outside of school, only really ever associating with childhood friend Eddie Brock, study-mate Harry Osborn, and the only person in the advanced-placement classes who routinely outscored him, Gwen Stacy. The four of them formed an odd but loyal clique throughout grade school and junior high, which broke when Harry’s father Norman took him out of public school to study abroad. The remaining three stayed close to each other, with Eddie acting as the surrogate big-brother to defend his nerdy little friends from the wilderness of the New York public education system. Peter’s complete lack of social status was sealed for good upon entering high school, after Eddie joined the football team, leaving Peter to fend for himself against the likes of Flash Thompson and Mary Jane Watson.

Halfway through freshman year, Peter’s class went on a fieldtrip to OsCorp, the massive technological firm owned by Norman Osborn. While touring the lab of the extremely gifted geneticist Curt Connors, Parker was bitten by an oddly-colored spider, and passed out. After spending a few days too sick to go to school, Peter awoke feeling better than he’d ever felt before.

Unbeknownst to him, the spider that had bitten him was an experimental test subject, its entire body swimming with an OsCorp formula designated SSM-AF15. This was one of dozens of different attempts by OsCorp (being privately funded from an anonymous donor) to re-create the military’s Super-Soldier serum from World War II. Never meant to be the final product, this formula was only part way through its development, prone to what Dr. Connors referred to as "DNA Reflux," wherein the serum’s first host would bestow its own properties on top of the initial formula. In addition to the physical enhancements from the OsCorp Super-Soldier formula, the spider that bit Peter Parker also passed on many of its own unique traits.

Suddenly faster and stronger than he ever was before, as well as able to cling to walls and react instantly to danger, Peter spent his summer seeking all kinds of thrills, pulling all sorts of dangerous stunts, and always just narrowly avoiding arrest. He didn’t spend nearly as much time at home with Aunt May and Uncle Ben, or talking to Gwen over the internet, growing more and more distant from the people who cared for him as the months went by. At the time, though, it didn’t matter--Peter was having the ride of his life.

That ride would come to a crashing halt not long after the beginning of his sophomore year. While Peter was out running from the Watson family’s watchdogs after peeping on a slumber party at Mary Jane’s, a pair of armed thugs broke into the Parkers’ house. They ransacked the entire place, emptying it of anything even remotely resembling something valuable…but not before gunning down Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Peter returned home to a nightmare, the house he had grown up in wrecked and ruined, and the people who had raised him murdered.

At what was easily the lowest point in Peter Parker’s entire life, an unlikely source extended a charitable hand: Norman Osborn. Ostensibly due to Peter’s lifelong friendship with Harry, Norman offered to take Peter in as his adopted ward. With nowhere else to go, Peter agreed. Although the Osborn family gave him luxuries and advantages that Uncle Ben and Aunt May never could, Peter could never find himself really at home there, and would sneak away whenever he could, either to meet up with his old childhood friend Gwen…

…or to vent his pent-up anger on the unsuspecting thugs of New York.

Since his debut as a costumed vigilante, Spider-Man has been instrumental in bringing down the criminal underworld of New York City, helping to dismantle Tombstone and Silvermane's organizations, and foiling the various super-powered killers they've put in his way. While he's grown in reputation and in ability, the dangers have risen as well, the thugs and mafioso being replaced by even worse foes like the Kingpin, the mysterious Master Planner, and the Green Goblin.

Despite this, Spider-Man is more confident than ever, especially now that he's finally admitted his love for Gwen. He's learned that with great power comes great responsibility, and with his first true love at his side, he's more than ready to take on anything the city can throw at him.

Why Have You Chosen That Character: I genuinely love Spider-Man. He's all of the bright fun-loving escapism of Superman mixed with the street-level action and crime-busting of Batman, then mixed with enough craziness and drama to be his own. While I'm generally more of a DC guy, when it comes to one specific hero, I'm a Spidey-fan above all else.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Now that Spider-Man has been established and most of his major villains have been set in place, it's time to start having some real fun.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring With This RPG (As a player): Aside from being the GM? Well, for starters, I can bring a lot of creativity and fun to the game, with some high-octane action and deep characterization, as well as an almost fanatical devotion to All-Star Marvel and the Spidey mythos in general. And I don't like to toot my own horn, but the fact that I won a bunch of Hype awards for my Season 1 run as Spidey should be a testament to my abilities, so.....toot-toot.

Please provide a sample post in the format you wish to portray your character in (Minimum three paragraphs/one line of dialogue, maximum six paragraphs):

"Here, Lizard-Lizard-Lizard......heeeeeeere Lizard-Lizard-Lizard...."

I'm up to my waist in marshy water, pushing aside shoulder-high grass and lily pads while the air resounds with the incessant chirping of a thousand crickets. If you've never been to a real swamp before, I don't recommend it--it's slimy, the smell is horrific, and the water is full of about a million different things that can kill you.

But here I am, stalking a famous and well-respected geneticist and ESU professor, hoping he doesn't get the drop on me and rip my throat out. It's a long story.

Finally coming to a clearing in the muck, I see a lump of dark green reptilian scales poking out from beneath the surface of the water. That's got to be him, lying in ambush for me.

"I'd better get college credit for this," as I ready my web-shooters....

....only to see the alligator turn and swim away....

....and then my Spider-Senses warn me of a massive threat bearing down right next to me.

I spin and see him emerging from the grass, over seven feet tall and covered in scales, mouth full of massive slavering fangs, still wearing the tattered remains of his lab-coat. As he hisses and rears to strike, all I can think to say is....

"...clever girl."

Spider-Man is DENIED. Working on my application for him right now. :oldrazz:

*sigh*

APPROVED.

The All-Star Marvel RPG
Character Application

Character you would like to play: Dr. Jean Grey

Powers: Jean possesses the mental abilities of both telekinesis and telepathy. She is an Omega-level mutant, and her power levels are believed to be nigh limitless.

Basic history of the character (Up until this point): Jean Grey was a normal girl. The daughter of Professor John Grey and his wife Elaine, the only thing that made Jean stand out was her fiery red hair. Her stunning looks and electric personality drew everyone - especially boys - towards her, and she was crowned Homecoming Queen. Everything came crashing down a few weeks after her eighteenth birthday when her mutant abilities manifested.

Jean accidentally erased the thoughts of memories of her high school sweetheart, leaving him in a vegetative state. Her hometown, now aware of what she was, turned on her. She was persecuted for being a mutant, and they called for her head. She was saved only by the intervention of one Charles Xavier.

Sensing the danger that the girl posed if left untrained, Xavier had Jean enrolled in his Institute in nearby Westchester. Xavier, being a telepath himself, took Jean under his wing and taught her everything he knew. Her powers under control, Jean went on to earn a medical degree before enlisting in Colonel Haller's new program, the X-Men.

Jean served as First Lieutenant under Captain Scott Summers, with whom she had a mutual attraction. She served primarily as the team's medical doctor, as well as providing psychological treatment when necessary. Eventually, Jean and Scott succumbed to their attraction and began an illicit relationship in direct violation to Haller's fraternization rules.

Jean was abducted by the Brotherhood during a mission. Magneto planned on using Jean in conjunction with Cerebro to eliminate humanity in favor of mutants. While in captivity, Jean discovered that her abilities were expanding. Scott organized a team to save Jean, and upon returning to the Mansion declared independence from Haller and HAMMER.

Jean is exploring the new limits of her power, as well as pondering the cryptic message that Charles Xavier tucked away in her brain.

Why Have You Chosen That Character?: Jean's scary powerful, and it's fun to mess around with a character that has that kind of power. Jean is going to epicenter of everything X-related, and that sounds like a good place to be if you ask me.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Jean's going to be going through the mutant equivalent of a "growth spurt" in terms of her powers, so I'm going to explore what exactly this means for her and everyone around her. Also, we'll finally have Cyclops and Jean together so they can get some good interaction.

Two Complete Sentences Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Normally, I'd answer this with some kind of stock answer about my reliability or my enthusiasm, but this is the third application I'm filling out today. You know me, you know how I work, and I hope I'm enjoyable to read.

Today, I've decided to test how my telekinesis might have been affected. I begin by practicing with a glass of water. It's an old training exercise I used to do with the Professor. Moving a solid object telekinetically isn't particularly difficult. That's why I'm able to send the glass floating around the room. However, trying to control the liquid inside poses a challenge. I must focus on every drop of water. I suspend the water in the air in a little orb, just like I've always practiced.

Concentrating even harder, I try to slow the individual water molecules. At first, there's no discernible change, but after a minute or so of concentrating, the molecules come to a stop. The orb of water freezes into a spherical chunk of ice. In my excitement and surprise, I let it fall to the floor, where it shatters.

Picking up the pieces of broken ice, I decide to try taking it the other way. With my mind, I vibrate the still water molecules until the ice melts. Reconstructing my water orb, I don't still vibrating the molecules. After a minute, the orb gives a soft hiss as the water is converted to steam.

This kind of precise control and power is more than I've ever experienced, yet I still feel like I can do more. I hold the steaming water vapor in place and manage to bring it back to liquid form. The orb is a little smaller as I lost some of the particles. I close my eyes and double my efforts. I picture the water orb in my mind. I picture the individual water molecules. I picture the bonds holding the hydrogen and oxygen atoms together.

I open my eyes to the soft sound of releasing gas. To my amazement, the water orb simply disappears. My God! I separated the atoms, making pure hydrogen and oxygen gas!

At that point, my decision to keep my expanding powers a secret is reaffirmed. Telepathic range which can span the hemisphere? Telekinetic control on the atomic level? This sort of thing terrifies me, so I can imagine what others would think! I have to understand what's going on better, but I have a bad feeling the only man who could tell me is dead. Unless Magneto wasn't bluffing.

That night, I sleep as soundly as I have in weeks, images of dancing flames bouncing in my head.
jean.jpg

Jean Grey is DOUBLE-DENIED. See how you like it! :cmad:

.......fine. APPROVED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"